• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Champions League.

Rorschach

sefskillz said:
Hey Rors, looks like your box filled up... let me know if we can do our games tonight; I'm almost alwas around from 8est to 11est on weeknights.
8est should be fine. I'll post if anything comes up, but I should be here.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
AstroLad said:
Conference I last playoff spot:

If LB wins or ties either of his last two games, Inter is guaranteed the last playoff spot. If he loses both, then it appears that everyone left in the conference has a chance (remember tiebreakers are h2h then goal differential then playoff).

Hmmmm - if Larry Bird loses one and ties one that gives him 20 points. I win my two games and I have 20 points. Correct??!?

Edit - and I beat him in our only meeting - so in that scenario I would be in the playoffs???

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Beatbox said:
Hmmmm - if Larry Bird loses one and ties one that gives him 20 points. I win my two games and I have 20 points. Correct??!?

Edit - and I beat him in our only meeting - so in that scenario I would be in the playoffs???

Hm, looks like it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Beatbox said:
Sweet. Good call predicting this late season run from AS Roma. Sorry Larry but I gotsta root for Hayami and Sef....git' em fellas.

Haha yeah, I'm apparently a great GAF WE Champion's League analyst!

Beatbox

AstroLad said:
Beatbox has three 1-goal losses, and only one blowout loss in his eight games, but is the only player in Conference I without a win. Odds say the luck will normalize and he will pull out several wins in the second half and make a serious run at the last playoff spot.

That sure is accurate.

5c7851fff9d1e158b2a35f8d1934330c.jpg

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Beatbox said:
Sorry Larry but I gotsta root for Hayami and Sef....git' em fellas.
It all depends on which Ovechkinov shows up to play, the 'omfg' socreges upset-of-the-century ovechkinov or the 'duhhh..between his legs' bionic game ovechkniov. Oh yea, and pray my awful offense gets really lucky :D I really need to pull out a few wins to guarantee myself the second spot in division D and make these playoff brackets ive been coding :)

Beatbox

sefskillz said:
It all depends on which Ovechkinov shows up to play, the 'omfg' socreges upset-of-the-century ovechkinov or the 'duhhh..between his legs' bionic game ovechkniov. Oh yea, and pray my awful offense gets really lucky :D I really need to pull out a few wins to guarantee myself the second spot in division D and make these playoff brackets ive been coding :)

Yeah that's the spirit! (especially the one against Larry :lol a tie might work too)

Hayami - I absolutely hated your pesky D....until now. Get his arse. You could be my savior (even though you broke my unbeaten streak :) )

Daigoro

im just waiting on PMs back from my round 10 and 11 guys. once we get those games squared away ill be able to look towards the next set of games and get this season done.

i need to get my ass online for some practice. i havent played in several days (since my last miserable set of losses), and i was rusty then...

im gonna try to hop online late tonight for some games.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
i'd be fine with us working our round 14 game in before you work that rust off daig :)

hey rors, im in lobby 5 for our match.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
im just waiting on PMs back from my round 10 and 11 guys. once we get those games squared away ill be able to look towards the next set of games and get this season done.

i need to get my ass online for some practice. i havent played in several days (since my last miserable set of losses), and i was rusty then...

im gonna try to hop online late tonight for some games.

Fifty and I will be paying a couple games around 10/10:30 and I'll probably be up for a few afterwards too.

Daigoro

ah. i wont be home and settled until after 12:15 Est. we'll see.

sefskillz said:
i'd be fine with us working our round 14 game in before you work that rust off daig :)

you may get your chance yet.

Srider

Banned
Looking at my aggregated stats, I definitely need to shoot more.... I have really good possesion, but just waste them by trying to set up open goal shots... which is probably something that won't happen much anyways. Most of my losses are from shots outside the box anyways.. I should try doing the same.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well folks, LB just sewed up the last playoff spot in Conference won w/ a 1-0 win over Hayami seeding and bye both still up for grabs though.

Socreges

Banned
Nice run, though, Beatbox. Impressive second half.

Conference II is a loooong way from shaping up. Even Rorschach, with 2 points, can hypothetically make the playoffs! :lol

Speaking of which, Rors, you around?

Miguel

bionic77 said:
Looks like we will be playing on the weekend sometime. I can't stay up that late.

I will pm FMT and see if he can play tonight or tommorrow night.

I'm available at any time between midnight tonight and saturday around 3am. I'd like to get all my games in friday if possible, I'm open to any time in the day, if you guys are available.

vs bionic
vs Rorschach
vs Socreges
@ shoplifter

shoplifter

I can play you Saturday in the AM if you want. Going out for dinner tomorrow night right after work, so I don't think I'll be available then.

shoplifter

kk soc, i'll be in lobby 5

mig: how does 11am est sound?

soc: i'll run upstairs and check for you once more, and after that i've gotta bail.

Socreges

Banned
I'm going to give it one last shot right now. I'm having the same problems that I did back when I was first trying to connect.....

"There is an IP address conflict with another server on the network."

garrickk

Well, I've finished my 15 games. It was an unsuccessful campaign for Villarreal.

I would like to extend my gratitude to everyone who made the league work so well. Thanks.

bionic77

Miguel said:
I'm available at any time between midnight tonight and saturday around 3am. I'd like to get all my games in friday if possible, I'm open to any time in the day, if you guys are available.

vs bionic
vs Rorschach
vs Socreges
@ shoplifter

You want to play sometime Saturday night? Like 10pm EST?

Hopefully I can get you and FMT in back to back.

shoplifter

Mig: so are we on for 11am est tomorrow?

Srider: I can play you tomorrow in the am as well.

Soc: when do we want to reschedule?

Miguel

bionic77 said:
You want to play sometime Saturday night? Like 10pm EST?

Hopefully I can get you and FMT in back to back.

If you can wait til around 11:45 on Saturday, we can play. I'll be at work from 3-11, then 45 minute drive home.

Socreges

Banned
shoplifter said:
Mig: so are we on for 11am est tomorrow?

Srider: I can play you tomorrow in the am as well.

Soc: when do we want to reschedule?
I can do either RIGHT NOW and for another hour if you are possibly available or early on sunday (11am PST - 1pm PST).

shoplifter

I should be able to make that Sunday match occur. How about 11am pst?

I'll go check to see if you're on WE if my wife isn't watching tv.

Srider

Banned
shoplifter said:
I should be able to make that Sunday match occur. How about 11am pst?

I'll go check to see if you're on WE if my wife isn't watching tv.

I'll also get on to get our games in.

shoplifter

OK, apparently my wife decided that we're going somewhere for dinner TOMORROW instead of TODAY as was the plan. So, if any one of my matches other than Mig is available around 11est when our match is, you can pm me or just post here.

edit: also, she was watching tv

Top Bottom