• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Champions League.

Daigoro

kpop. PM me times you are available and lets get this game squared away.

anyone else from my last 3 remaining games want to contact me? lets get em scheduled.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
AstroLad said:
Yeah we haven't really decided that yet but it probably won't be that. Probably random.
As long as nobody jacks the Lokomotiv I'm cool with whatever! Bionic, Im pretty much available every night this week.. probably not friday or saturday as I'm closing on my new house :)

shoplifter

Miguel said:
Catch me on AIM (molina118) on thursday to let me know when you're ready.

Seriously, 7:30pm est. I'll be logged in and ready to go. By the time I get home and eat dinner I don't have time to go downstairs and log into AIM.

And my bad on the picks, I remembered reading that somewhere but couldn't remember if it was decided or not.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sefskillz said:
As long as nobody jacks the Lokomotiv I'm cool with whatever! Bionic, Im pretty much available every night this week.. probably not friday or saturday as I'm closing on my new house :)

I'm guessing they're safe, Ovchinnikov's performances notwithstanding.

AstroLad said:
Yeah we haven't really decided that yet but it probably won't be that. Probably random.

What if we excluded all the clubs from the previous league next time around? That would ensure the more even second tier teams in the draft at least. I realize this might not be to everyone's (or anyone's) liking playing with slightly lesser clubs, but perhaps it would introduce a bit more parity into the proceedings? Just an idea.

bionic77

Miguel said:
"WHAT IS YOUR MALFUNCTION, ROFLBRAINER"

My "available time" is from 12am (midnight) to 12pm (noon) on Tuesday and Wednesday
Thurs/Friday I'm off.

Thursday it is. I will let you know what time when it gets a little closer.

And sorry for the mixup, I thought those times were when you were working.

bionic77

sefskillz said:

Hey you want to play tonight? I am good tonight for a little longer and tommorrow night too.

Fifty

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
What if we excluded all the clubs from the previous league next time around? That would ensure the more even second tier teams in the draft at least. I realize this might not be to everyone's (or anyone's) liking playing with slightly lesser clubs, but perhaps it would introduce a bit more parity into the proceedings? Just an idea.

I don't think that's going to happen. We have 20 teams now, and virtually all of the good teams. It wouldn't be as much fun without these 20 teams. We'll figure soemthing out that's fair.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hukasmokincaterpillar said:

I love suggestions but here's my thoughts on that one:

The problem I see is that there will still be vast differences in team skills, they will just be from bad-godawful rather than from stellar-mediocre like they are now. Also, from experience I just think it's more fun to play with good teams. I mean for some of the really bad teams, there are some moves literally no one can do (e.g. the Roulette) and the games are just much sloppier.

AstroLad said:

The problem I see is that there will still be vast differences in team skills, they will just be from bad-godawful rather than from stellar-mediocre like they are now. Also, from experience I just think it's more fun to play with good teams. I mean for some of the really bad teams, there are some moves literally no one can do (e.g. the Roulette) and the games are just much sloppier.

I see what you guys are saying, but just for arguments sake I've had some pretty fun games playing with mid table clubs (Manchester City, Deportivo etc). While its a bit sloppier there's also less reliance on just booting the ball up to the overpowering forwards on AAA clubs and letting the stats kick in. It kinda forces you to be a little more creative in the passing build up sometimes, which goes back to my parity point.

But either way I think the current model worked pretty well too, just thought I'd throw something out there. ;)

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
personally, i love playing with one of the more middle of the road club teams; i'm sure it helps that my goalie is a golden god, but i just have a blast playing with them... and it gives me an excuse when i lose :)

Rorschach

bionic77 said:
kpop, rorschach, sefskills when are you guys available this week to play?

And Mig what is your schedule looking like this week. I might try and play you early morning if you want.
What happened last night? It was perfect. :(

I'm available most of tonight (gotta get my other game and a Madden game in). Tomorrow, I will have most of the night open after 9EST. Wednesday I'll have most of the day open since I'm gonna be home.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Beatbox said:
Cool - see you soon in lobby 3.

ggs beatbox, my conn was a bit laggy (it's been pretty crap today in my other games too) so i was just screwing around and trying to fix my r2 in the last game fun stuff tho :lol

garrickk

AstroLad said:

Yeah, but it's always a bell curve. There are only a few really bad premier teams, and only a few outstanding teams. There are a ton of teams in the middle that are very good and fun to play with. The games would be much more even.

I for one really liked huka's suggestion.

Miguel

shoplifter said:
Seriously, 7:30pm est. I'll be logged in and ready to go. By the time I get home and eat dinner I don't have time to go downstairs and log into AIM.

And my bad on the picks, I remembered reading that somewhere but couldn't remember if it was decided or not.

Alright then,

I'll hop on WE sometime aroudn 7pm ET and idle in lobby 5. for 30 minutes.
bionic, 8-8:30 ET work for you?

shoplifter

Honestly, if you don't want to idle and just want to log in at 7:30est, do it. I'm going to be on time, but there's no way I'll be early since I dont' get home till 7.

bionic77

Miguel said:
Alright then,

I'll hop on WE sometime aroudn 7pm ET and idle in lobby 5. for 30 minutes.
bionic, 8-8:30 ET work for you?

Yeah I can be on by then. I can skip out work a little early for this. Just so it is easier to find each other look me up on AIM after 8pm CGT. My nick is theEconMASTA.

And just so there are no confusion this time like that suffered by the Texan offensive line when they played the Superbowl Champs, we are both talking about playing tonight (Tuesday, March 28th) at around 8pm Eastern Standard Time, right?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro-Kpop: Have you scheduled your game?

The sooner these other games get done the sooner we can set the brackets and start the playoffs. But just as a reminder all games have to be played.

bionic77

Miguel said:
-_-

:lol

I could have sworn I typed thursday in there!

I can play at Thursday at around 8pm too. Lets finalize our game for that time and get it over with.

I really need to fucking practice, I am getting worse at this game every week.

bionic77

Anyone else I have to play want to play tonight? I think someone said they can't play on the weekend so tonight should be good. Let me know what times are good for you and we can try and meet up.

Daigoro

AstroLad said:
Daigoro-Kpop: Have you scheduled your game?

The sooner these other games get done the sooner we can set the brackets and start the playoffs. But just as a reminder all games have to be played.

im hoping were getting it done tonight at 1AM est.

i havent heard from anyone about my 3 remaining games yet. still waiting on those PM's
guys:

Shoplifter
srider
sef

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:

i havent heard from anyone about my 3 remaining games yet. still waiting on those PM's
guys:

Shoplifter
srider
sef

And you division C guys are all in a playoff race!

Miguel

MIG'S SCHEDULE

Thursday
7:30 HERO STANDARD TIME (EASTERN TIME) - Shoplifter
8 ish HERO STANDARD TIME (EASTERN TIME) - Bionic77

122703_tedy_800600.jpg

bionic77

Miguel said:
MIG'S SCHEDULE

Thursday
7:30 HERO STANDARD TIME (EASTERN TIME) - Shoplifter
8 ish HERO STANDARD TIME (EASTERN TIME) - Bionic77

122703_tedy_800600.jpg

You bastard! Hero time was found to be evil and phone and has been replaced. It is now called Child of God Time (CGT).

Rorschach

bionic77 said:
Anyone else I have to play want to play tonight? I think someone said they can't play on the weekend so tonight should be good. Let me know what times are good for you and we can try and meet up.
Do you ignore all my posts on purpose or accident? :p

Srider

Banned
Daigoro said:

guys:

Shoplifter
srider
sef

Since you're playing around 1AM, how about I join in as well. I have a game with KPOP as well. Maybe you and I can play first, then you and Kpop, then me and him.

Daigoro

gg Srider. sorry i missed your last bit of text there.

and damn you C. Ronaldo for shutting down my dreams of not losing a game in my last few season match ups!

bionic77

I just noticed that Fifty and I are the only guys who didn't have a single draw. Does that qualify us for the notable league award of "worst defense ever"?

bionic77

I still think the no draws gives up the edge in lack of defense.

And Rorschach has improved a lot since the beginning of this league. By all rights he should have won our match last night and even had a 1-0 lead at halftime. I started freaking out though and the refs helped me along to avoid being the first guy losing to him. He must seek that honor out from someone else. :D

Brofist

bionic77, Srider, FMT: Do you have time to play our games either Friday night or Sat morning EST. Either is fine for me, and I'd like to finish out my games by Sat at the latest. Daigoro same for you, but I PM'ed you already.

bionic77

kpop100 said:
bionic77, Srider, FMT: Do you have time to play our games either Friday night or Sat morning EST. Either is fine for me, and I'd like to finish out my games by Sat at the latest. Daigoro same for you, but I PM'ed you already.

I should be able to play either night. PM me or I will pm you when it gets closer to Friday. And to make it easier to get in touch, my AIM nick is theEconMASTA.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
No, I think Rors has that award locked up.

(5 GF, 35 GA)
My goalie always runs up and trips over my own players and the second half, I always lag out and can't do crap on D. :( Oh, and my team sucks...the only one worth a damn is Fernando Torres (the only reason I picked the team...besides the fact that all my teams were taken and I had less than a minute to choose :p), who r0x.

bionic77 said:
I still think the no draws gives up the edge in lack of defense.

And Rorschach has improved a lot since the beginning of this league. By all rights he should have won our match last night and even had a 1-0 lead at halftime. I started freaking out though and the refs helped me along to avoid being the first guy losing to him. He must seek that honor out from someone else. :D
Heh thanks. Damn refs! I can't seek honor since I already played all my games. :(

I should have beaten mig!

Miguel

"Should have beaten MiG" PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTH!!!
The lag hits and all of a sudden my players look like they're 1000 lbs trying to keep up with rors dribbling around my players. Then my goalie inexplicably comes out to the top of the box, when the ball is headed away from the goal. Torres ends up lobbing it over my goalie (my players are still trying to catch up after about 15 seconds) and the ball hits the back of the net.

MY first goal however, was an even larger case of :lol -ery

Srider

Banned
kpop100 said:

Yeah, I'll have time to play on the weekends. Just let me know what times are good for you and we can work it out.

Top Bottom