• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Champions League.

bionic77

With Daigoro winning that secures the bye for me.

I think the playoff picture is pretty much set now for Division D.

Daigoro

gg Shop

and i am OUTTA here! all games completed. i took down the mighty Chelsea in an odd twist to end a miserable season.

ggs everybody, its been a rollercoaster of emotions. ;)

ill check back in to see how the playoffs go. good luck and have fun. hope to see you next season.

Socreges

Banned
Still NOTHING decided in Division C. kpop, Shoplifter, and Srider could finish in any order between the three of them. Down to the wire, though they've all got playoff spots secured.

I'm cleaning my room and doing some homework for the next few hours so I'm going to be sitting in Lobby 5 meanwhile if anyone wants a game. :)

Socreges

Banned
Man, Astro, those games were weird.

In the third, with both Nedved goals, I was pressing square and nothing would happen (you may have noticed that I was just running your keeper, haha). But then your goalie would mess everything up and I'd score. The game may have been glitching, but I see it as justice. ;)

That second game... I can't even explain it. No excuses. I just played terrible and you played really well.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Socreges said:
Man, Astro, those games were weird.

In the third, with both Nedved goals, I was pressing square and nothing would happen (you may have noticed that I was just running your keeper, haha). But then your goalie would mess everything up and I'd score. The game may have been glitching, but I see it as justice. ;)

That second game... I can't even explain it. No excuses. I just played terrible and you played really well.

Haha yeah wacky stuff all around, all three games were close and fun and tense so I can't ask for anything more. But Cech is FIRED! ;p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sef, srider, kpop- when are you guys playing your games?

playoffs started but we can't even make the brackets for conf 2

Brofist

AstroLad said:

playoffs started but we can't even make the brackets for conf 2

i've pretty much been available, just waiting on srider. I PM'ed him, waiting for response.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright Srider you have until tomorrow at 10 pm est to set up all your games or i'm putting daigoro in in your place.

GGs Fifty. I have to admit you were pretty much all over me in that first game, I couldnt get anything going in the first half and your offense was coming forward at will. Some tough breaks that could of easily been a 2 goal lead for your side, I was lucky to come out unscathed. I could tell you were getting a little pissed though. ;) I made some adjustments to counter your forward press in the second game, that got my wings open more and I think thats what did it for me. Congrats on a good league man, fun playing ya.

Socreges

Banned
This may be disruptive, but am I the only one who would rather play the home/away games on separate days? Playing them back-to-back (i.e., exit, other person hosts, play again) seems to dampen the importance and excitement..... or maybe it will heighten it.... I can't be sure. Thoughts?

Obviously since it may be difficult to arrange games with some people, back-to-back will be necessary at least some of the time.

Socreges

Banned
In other news my soccer team has been promoted to Division 1 for next season. :) We -barely- placed first. It was reputably the most difficult group and many teams were competing down to the wire.

It's going to be rough next year since the competition is going to be much better (faster, stronger, fitter, and more talented). Also, I may get pushed to the bench if we recruit enough new talent, which is very possible. If we plan on surviving that first year, when many promoted teams subsequently place last and get relegated, then we'll have to make some changes. I may be left out of the equation. Still, being a veteran (of two years - I'm only 22), they will give me maybe ten minutes at the end of game provided that we're up five goals. ;)

I fit into their 'youth program' in a way, so I'm not too concerned. It's exciting to be a part of this. Plus, we are in the semi-finals for the Div 2 Cup and have clinched a berth in the provincials. :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Socreges said:
In other news my soccer team has been promoted to Division 1 for next season. :) We -barely- placed first. It was reputably the most difficult group and many teams were competing down to the wire.

It's going to be rough next year since the competition is going to be much better (faster, stronger, fitter, and more talented). Also, I may get pushed to the bench if we recruit enough new talent, which is very possible. If we plan on surviving that first year, when many promoted teams subsequently place last and get relegated, then we'll have to make some changes. I may be left out of the equation. Still, being a veteran (of two years - I'm only 22), they will give me maybe ten minutes at the end of game provided that we're up five goals. ;)

I fit into their 'youth program' in a way, so I'm not too concerned. It's exciting to be a part of this. Plus, we are in the semi-finals for the Div 2 Cup and have clinched a berth in the provincials. :D

Hey congrats to your team man, real futbol FTW. :D

As far as playing on different days, that's fine. It's not really a rule that you play back-to-back more of a suggestion considering how many people have had problems with getting their games in on time (around half the league at some point). I have even less time now to track people down, and yet if you look at the standings some people still ahve two games left to play in the season even though the announced final deadline was yesterday. So if you can just set up two games at different times within the week that's great (and probably ideal) but if you have a tough schedule and can schedule both now it's better to do that than just put off the other one and not get it played within the week.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
AstroLad said:
i haven't talked to srider at all, to be fair i havent pm'd him yet either. been trying to get my game in with bionic but i keep missing the times i set :( things should be back to normal after this coming weekend, but if that's going to mess things up then give someone else my playoff spot; i'll be back next year :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sefskillz said:
i haven't talked to srider at all, to be fair i havent pm'd him yet either. been trying to get my game in with bionic but i keep missing the times i set :( things should be back to normal after this coming weekend, but if that's going to mess things up then give someone else my playoff spot; i'll be back next year :p

Nah it's fine, will you be able to get your regular season games (assuming srider shows up) and start your playoff games this week?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright I've offered Srider's playoff spot to Daigoro since the dude has apparently disappeared. Pending Daigoro jumping in I'll then make srider's remaining reg. season games ties and seed Daigoro into the 6-slot.

Socreges

Banned
Srider hasn't been logged in since last thursday morning and his last post seemed to promise that he'd be around. Hopefully he's OK.

Srider

Banned
I'm sorry guys. I'm back again. Apparently someone unknown called comcast to cancel my account. So I had to sort this stuff out over these past few days with them about this identity problem. I just got back on now. If I can still continue in the league that would be great, but it's ok with me if it's decided that Daigoro takes my place. I'll be able to finish my overdued games now as well if that's needed.

Brofist

Srider said:
I'm sorry guys. I'm back again. Apparently someone unknown called comcast to cancel my account. So I had to sort this stuff out over these past few days with them about this identity problem. I just got back on now. If I can still continue in the league that would be great, but it's ok with me if it's decided that Daigoro takes my place. I'll be able to finish my overdued games now as well if that's needed.

actually I happen to be around now ;)

seriously though if you have time lets pop online and play our game

PM me if you can

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cool Srider I figured it was something odd. Here's to no more hiccups and us getting the playoffs completed by next Sunday.

Also congrats to huka on winning the first playoff series. Pool-Lyon should be a great matchup.

Hayami-LB when are you guys playing?

I woulda done end of season awards and all but I've been quite busy recently. In the next few months, I'm gonna be graduating, studying for the NY bar exam, taking the bar exam, getting married, finding a new place in the city, etc. etc. so I won't be able to commish or be in the next league most likely so don't let my absence stop you guys from getting another one together.

Brofist

gg Srider. I came up just short in the end. BTW that was a mistake when I said nice shot to my own goal, I picked the wrong phrase..I'm not that arrogant :lol No 20th goal though for Eto'o :(

Srider

Banned
kpop100 said:
gg Srider. I came up just short in the end. BTW that was a mistake when I said nice shot to my own goal, I picked the wrong phrase..I'm not that arrogant :lol No 20th goal though for Eto'o :(

No prob, I thought it's a nice shot too. I didn't even think for a second it wasn't deserved to be said anyways, didn't take it the wrong way at all.

Brofist

Srider said:
No prob, I thought it's a nice shot too. I didn't even think for a second it wasn't deserved to be said anyways, didn't take it the wrong way at all.

I just even caught myself off guard thats all :lol

Guess we have 2 more games to go though eh. Let me know when you are available. I'm even around for a while now if you want to play 1 or 2 of the games, but I know it's short notice.

Socreges

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't sefskillz, Srider, and bionic need to complete those two games before they can begin the playoffs? (even though the seedings are set)

sefskillz

Socreges said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't sefskillz, Srider, and bionic need to complete those two games before they can begin the playoffs? (even though the seedings are set)
im trying ;_;

bionic77

Socreges said:

Don't try and be ducking us!

Socreges

Banned
Haha, that was an honest question. :)

When times don't align, they just don't. Best of luck. I suppose I should get some practice games in, in the meantime. I've only played a handful vs AstroLad on one occasion in the last week or more.

Hayami

Banned
trying to play round 2 against LB soon, but I'm moving this weekend, so I might be outta the picture till Sunday night.

kpop100 said:
hehe yeah it really has

Kinda like what happend with our World Cup, once people got eliminated they kinda drifted away from the thread (I was guilty of this too, but now that I know some of you guys a little better Im interested to see who wins even if I dont move on :)).

Socreges

Banned
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Kinda like what happend with our World Cup, once people got eliminated they kinda drifted away from the thread (I was guilty of this too, but now that I know some of you guys a little better Im interested to see who wins even if I dont move on :)).
The problem is, though, that the very people that ARE STILL IN the tourny seem to have drifted away. Here's hoping everyone is just too busy. Here's hoping sefskillz has been frantically trying to schedule those two games of his.

I'm playing online right now (for the first time in 6 days) if anyone is interested in a game.

bionic77

Socreges said:
The problem is, though, that the very people that ARE STILL IN the tourny seem to have drifted away. Here's hoping everyone is just too busy. Here's hoping sefskillz has been frantically trying to schedule those two games of his.

I'm playing online right now (for the first time in 6 days) if anyone is interested in a game.

Yeah it seems like everyone in the Cup went on vacation. I wonder if we will even get all the first round games done by tonight. I really doubt it will happen though. It is a shame too, I wanted the chance for glory (or shame) in the playoffs.

Sefskillz is moving or something and has pretty much disappeared in the process.

Srider

Banned
kpop and I finished our games. Unfortunately, sef and I can't get our games in until he's done moving. Hopefully things can get moving again.

GGs Irish. My thumb was about to fall off at the end of our second round. ;) Sad to see it get decided by a tiebreaker after two dead even draws like that, but thems the rules I guess. NJ man.

edit- Sef or AL, I screwed up a stat on the round 4 game by entering it twice. It should be 3 total shots for Lyon. Sorry bout that.

Fifty

GGs Irish. My thumb was about to fall off at the end of our second round. ;) Sad to see it get decided by a tiebreaker after two dead even draws like that, but thems the rules I guess. t.

The rules actually say "The second game should be set to Golden Goal extra time w/ PKs in case there is an overall tie (same aggregate goals, same number of away goals),:

You had an overall tie.......It should have gone to golden goal and then penalties.

Fifty said:
The rules actually say "The second game should be set to Golden Goal extra time w/ PKs in case there is an overall tie (same aggregate goals, same number of away goals),:

You had an overall tie.......It should have gone to golden goal and then penalties.

OK I thought it worked like this. I had 2 away goals in the 2-2 draw, and Irish had 1 away goal in the 1-1 draw. That would make it 5-4 on aggregate no?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
OK I thought it worked like this. I had 2 away goals in the 2-2 draw, and Irish had 1 away goal in the 1-1 draw. That would make it 5-4 on aggregate no?

Yes that is correct fifty is just keeping you on your toes.

As to everyone else in the playoffs, can you guys PM me in a month or so once the first round is done? B/c I'm sure I'll have forgotten about the league by then.

AstroLad said:

:D Actually I did screw up a bit forgetting to set golden goal before the second game started. Im so used to just turning off PKs and hitting start.

AstroLad said:
As to everyone else in the playoffs, can you guys PM me in a month or so once the first round is done b/c I"m sure I'll have forgotten about the league by then?

At this rate the real Champions League is going to be wrapped up before ours does, hehe.

Socreges

Banned
Since Srider began his playoffs without completing regular season, does that mean sef and bionic can do the same...... please? ;)

Congrats on making the semis, huka.

Fifty

AstroLad said:

You're too kind. I was just flat out wrong. But whatever.......I've been away from this for too long, I got rusty.

Btw, should we make it a prerequisite for season two (like there's actually going to be one at this rate) entry that you must be either in the process of moving, or about to move in the near future. Osama Bin Laden stays in the same place longer than the average WE league member!

sefskillz

Socreges said:
Here's hoping sefskillz has been frantically trying to schedule those two games of his.
I'm a software engineer. I work long hours. I just closed on the house we've been building for 6 months. I'm trying to get house finished, move into house, get everything in order while working long hours as mentioned above. I have many things in two different locations currently. Locations that are a hour apart. Hopefully I'll have internet access at the new house this week. I just got over the flu. I work long hours. I'm moving. I'm trying to finish a house.

Give up my spot... it's fine, I understand.

Top Bottom