• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Champions League.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Reminder- All the regular season games are due this Sunday. We're going to make playoff schedules soon and likely start playoffs Sunday or Monday and try to get them done quickly. Obviously if you haven't played all your games, you can't participate in the playoffs.

bionic77

Miguel said:
:lol

"Should have beaten MiG" PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTH!!!
The lag hits and all of a sudden my players look like they're 1000 lbs trying to keep up with rors dribbling around my players. Then my goalie inexplicably comes out to the top of the box, when the ball is headed away from the goal. Torres ends up lobbing it over my goalie (my players are still trying to catch up after about 15 seconds) and the ball hits the back of the net.

MY first goal however, was an even larger case of :lol -ery

Just remember you have a game with me tonight at Thursday, Thursday, Thursday!

I have work off today so I can play at anytime.

Woohoo! No work and Winning Eleven as much as I want!

Miguel

Just played bionic77

MiG
6shots
3on target
47%
Mista goal 26'

bionic77
13shots
8on target
53%
Cacau goal 5'

Will input stats into site shortly.

bionic77

Miguel said:
Just played bionic77

MiG
6shots
3on target
47%
Mista goal 26'

bionic77
13shots
8on target
53%
Cacau goal 5'

Will input stats into site shortly.

I will have my revenge next season!

Good game man. Plenty of scoring chances for both of us. You had the better goal between us by far though.

shoplifter

Honestly, Mig played a pretty good defensive game in spite of what the stats say. I went in planning to score 3 or 4 and he held me to one.

-stats posted btw-

Miguel

I think that's like the 8th match I've had a shot bounce off the cross bar, a header that sails, and not been able to get anything done. :(

bionic77

One more win and I secure the bye. Sorry sefskillz your website is awesome but I won't let you get it!

It is going to be interesting to see who comes out on top between shoplifter and Srider.

Brofist

bionic77 said:
One more win and I secure the bye. Sorry sefskillz your website is awesome but I won't let you get it!

It is going to be interesting to see who comes out on top between shoplifter and Srider.

im around if you wanna try now ;)

Socreges

Banned
bionic77 said:
Or who secures that last playoff spot, kpop or Diagoro.

Shoplifter and Srider have both clinched, although their seeding is still unsure.

Brofist

Bionic, looks like I just missed you by a couple minutes, guess we'll shoot for the Fri/Sat

If anyone else is around (Daigoro, Srider, FMT) PM me to play.

bionic77

kpop100 said:
Bionic, looks like I just missed you by a couple minutes, guess we'll shoot for the Fri/Sat

If anyone else is around (Daigoro, Srider, FMT) PM me to play.

I can play right now dude if you want.

bionic77

I just disgraced myself in Winning Eleven.

I believe this loss is the worst in WE history and should automatically disqualify me from the tournament.

Sometimes lag can really make this game unplayable and it sucks, but there is nothing to do I guess. Especially when you combine two ghetto connections like mine and kpops. :(

If this historic 7-0 loss (with all 7 goals in the 2nd half!) doesn't disqualify me from the tournament or from being a man, I would like to publicly state that I want Srider to eliminate sefskills from contending for the bye. Go Srider! You can do it!

Socreges

Banned
7-0 for kpop???? Attack of the LAG, methinks. Yikes.

Eto'o making a run for the scoring lead...

edit - huh, shots were pretty much even. Strange.

bionic77

Socreges said:
7-0 for kpop???? Attack of the LAG, methinks. Yikes.

Eto'o making a run for the scoring lead...

edit - huh, shots were pretty much even. Strange.

I had all my shots in the first. :lol

He won't admit it, but I think the lag bothered him in the first half too. Honestly not sure though. But I couldn't even control my player's movements. Sucks to play with that kind of lag.

Brofist

bionic77 said:
I just disgraced myself in Winning Eleven.

I believe this loss is the worst in WE history and should automatically disqualify me from the tournament.

Sometimes lag can really make this game unplayable and it sucks, but there is nothing to do I guess. Especially when you combine two ghetto connections like mine and kpops. :(

If this historic 7-0 loss (with all 7 goals in the 2nd half!) doesn't disqualify me from the tournament or from being a man, I would like to publicly state that I want Srider to eliminate sefskills from contending for the bye. Go Srider! You can do it!

Yeah man I was on the losing end of a 7-0 during this league also. I have to say though that your goalie certainly didn't help you either. I had 8 shots on goal and 7 went in, as well as that between the legs own goal which was ridiculous :lol

bionic77 said:
I had all my shots in the first. :lol

He won't admit it, but I think the lag bothered him in the first half too. Honestly not sure though. But I couldn't even control my player's movements. Sucks to play with that kind of lag.

yeah there was some, but I've had a lot worse. I was on the flip side all my shots in the 2nd half, 0 in the first :lol

Socreges

Banned
I had a similar game vs Shoplifter recently. He won one half and I won the other. But I seriously took advantage of his poor connection, getting over 20 shots and 3 goals in the first half, limiting him to a couple shots. I then had maybe 1 or 2 shots in the second since the lag was so terrible, while he had about 10, but just couldn't score. It's an unfortunate way to decide games.

bionic77

kpop100 said:
Yeah man I was on the losing end of a 7-0 during this league also. I have to say though that your goalie certainly didn't help you either. I had 8 shots on goal and 7 went in, as well as that between the legs own goal which was ridiculous hehe

That goal was horrible. A good example of the great level of control I had over those fart eating Germans. Any more of these games and I will start to hate Germans as much as I now hate Turks (in the WE universe). I think half of the goals against me came from you and Socrege. That was also another raping that occured in the 2nd half. I am definitely testing our connections with quick 5 minute games when the playoffs start. The game becomes FIFA-like when you get that much lag.

Beatbox said:
Good games last night Huka - I hate goalposts and crossbars!

Haha, Ive never seen anything like that in this game. You had like 6 post shots, and one bounced right back to the keeper like a homing beacon. The ball was on the take or something. ;)

bionic77

Sefskillz let me know when you can play. And if you don't mind lets play a quick 5 minute match to test out the connections. Haven't had many problems with lag lately until the kpop game and I want to avoid that kind of crap at all cost.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
PLAYOFFS ARE STARTING

Rules
- Playoff Format
o The clubs that advance to the knock-out stage play two matches (same settings as regular season) against each other on a home and away basis, with the club scoring the greater aggregate of goals qualifying for the next round. In the event of both teams scoring the same number of goals the team which scores more goals away qualifies. The second game should be set to Golden Goal extra time w/ PKs in case there is an overall tie (same aggregate goals, same number of away goals), and if there is a tie at the end of the second game but the series has been decided at the end of regulation of the second game players can just play the extra time for fun, but should not report any of those stats. These rules apply through the quarter-finals and semi-finals. The Final is decided by a single match (golden goal, PKs).

So the higher ranked team plays a home game first, then an away game second.

If fifty ties the first game 1-1 and the second game 3-3, he wins b/c that would be 3 away goals vs. one away goal for huka.

The playoff schedule and bracket is here- http://sefskillz.com/gaf-we9/bracket.php

You should enter stats like usual, and there is also a spot for PKs if needed.

Can you get to match stats from the Pause menu? The reason I ask is that if the series has been decided and doesn't need to go into overtime, I think there's only 90 seconds to record stats before OT starts, instead of the 600 you get after the game is over. If you can get to the match stats from the pause menu, it's not a problem. If not, we're going to have to be quick to get the stats.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Larry Bird said:
Can you get to match stats from the Pause menu? The reason I ask is that if the series has been decided and doesn't need to go into overtime, I think there's only 90 seconds to record stats before OT starts, instead of the 600 you get after the game is over. If you can get to the match stats from the pause menu, it's not a problem. If not, we're going to have to be quick to get the stats.

Oh hm, yeah I don't think you can see stats from pause. That'll be a pretty rare situation probably anyway but it's good you brought it up.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
my matches are going to be tough to get guys, my wife and i just closed on our first house and we've been dealing with that all week so now we're trying to get everything settled and moved in over the next week. things have been crazy lately :( if at all possible, early saturday and sunday mornings are the best right now to get my last games in daigoro, srider, bionic. hopefully we can get these in.

bionic77

sefskillz said:
my matches are going to be tough to get guys, my wife and i just closed on our first house and we've been dealing with that all week so now we're trying to get everything settled and moved in over the next week. things have been crazy lately :( if at all possible, early saturday and sunday mornings are the best right now to get my last games in daigoro, srider, bionic. hopefully we can get these in.

I am going to the bank to deposit some checks, but I can play our match right after that if you have some time.

I can play tommorrow morning too if today is no good. Just let me know.

bionic77

Is there any way sefskillz is going to get his matches done by Sunday night?

Sefskillz you are obviously busy with moving and stuff but let me know what time is good for you tommorrow morning. I will definitely get my ass up.

sefskillz

bionic77 said:
Is there any way sefskillz is going to get his matches done by Sunday night?

Sefskillz you are obviously busy with moving and stuff but let me know what time is good for you tommorrow morning. I will definitely get my ass up.
i sent you a pm, but for srider and daig im going to try and work some in late tonight (12-1am est, maybe later) and tomorrow morning ideally 7-8am est, and i may have some time available tomorrow evening but i wont know until that time comes so my aim is sefskillz if im around on there then im probably able to play. sorry about the inconvenience.

bionic77

sefskillz said:
i sent you a pm, but for srider and daig im going to try and work some in late tonight (12-1am est, maybe later) and tomorrow morning ideally 7-8am est, and i may have some time available tomorrow evening but i wont know until that time comes so my aim is sefskillz if im around on there then im probably able to play. sorry about the inconvenience.

No prob man. Late tonight and early tommorrow both work for me. Send me a om or aim message when you have a better idea of what time works.

Hopefully you get your games in on time. Astrolad is actually an English hooligan IRL and you don't want him pissed.

sefskillz

bionic77 said:
Hopefully you get your games in on time. Astrolad is actually an English hooligan IRL and you don't want him pissed.
Yea I want to finish out my season and try to get Ovchinnikov the clean sheet lead :p If Astro really is an English hooligan he needs to hook me up with some import Boddingtons.

bodglass.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Anyone up for a game right now? I'm gonna hop online for a few since it's been a while since I've done that.

Oh and play your playoff games Hayami and LB so I can find out whom I get to face!

Brofist

sefskillz said:
Yea I want to finish out my season and try to get Ovchinnikov the clean sheet lead :p If Astro really is an English hooligan he needs to hook me up with some import Boddingtons.

bodglass.jpg

is that good stuff? I actually saw that at a shop yesterday, and thought about buying it but went for the Guiness instead.

Daigoro

yeah Boddingtons is good.

sefskillz said:

im available at about 8:15 AM est. and for most of the rest of the day. let me know.

sefskillz

argh, frustrating game, nothing would break through your d AND on top of that your defender scores. :p gg daig

Daigoro

gg Sef

i know. my damn 3 forwards cant do the job, so the defender scores. yikes! (i missed some bigtime sitters too)

1 game left in my season! bring it on Chelsea! :D

Top Bottom