• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

[Nisemonogatari 8]

In all seriousness, this episode was like a testament to fetishes and fetishisation. What it wasn't a testament to, was pacing, story development or getting along with the named character in the arc. Indeed, she was barely in the episode for any length of time.

What we did get was:

• Lots of shots of the soles of feet
  • Incest jokes
  • Tasteless fanservice
  • Toothbrushing
  • Bizarre fetishisation
  • SHAFT faces

So, er, yeah, I think you'll already know whether or not you want to subject yourself to this kind of content.

Of course, in the end, Karen was won over by Araragi's fine brushing technique and now she wants some more. Harem member confirmed.

jman2050

[Nisemonogatari 8]

In all seriousness, this episode was like a testament to fetishes and fetishisation. What it wasn't a testament to, was pacing, story development or getting along with the named character in the arc. Indeed, she was barely in the episode for any length of time.

What we did got was:

• Lots of shots of the soles of feet
  • Incest jokes
  • Tasteless fanservice
  • Toothbrushing
  • Bizarre fetishisation
  • SHAFT faces

So, er, yeah, I think you'll already know whether or not you want to subject yourself to this kind of content.

Of course, in the end, Karen was won over by Araragi's fine brushing technique and now she wants some more. Harem member confirmed.

Nonsense! It was a touching story of two siblings who grew apart coming to a better understanding of one another, and vowing to maintain this reconciliation by engaging in wholesome and friendly family activities.

You're clearly the one who is sick!

Hey, toothbrush fetish is only a few hours old, everyone's still learnin' the ropes.

EDIT: Seriously though, I don't remember Bakemonogatari being this horrific. I'd imagine fans of it would have legitimate reason to complain if actual content is jettisoned in favor of incest fanservice and various bizarre fetishes.

Jex

Hey, toothbrush fetish is only a few hours old, everyone's still learnin' the ropes.

EDIT: Seriously though, I don't remember Bakemonogatari being this horrific. I'd imagine fans of it would have legitimate reason to complain if actual content is jettisoned in favor of incest fanservice and various bizarre fetishes.

Correct. Even though the the pre-BD 'Snake-Arc' (easily the worst Bakemonogatari arc) had lots of fanservice strewn throughout it it wasn't anything like the way it's handled in Nisemonogatari.

Narag

Blood-C 2

More of the same of episode 1 but with more singing! I'm pleased.

Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector 25

Nice way to wrap up the Inspector and Shadow-Mirror stuff. Interesting to see Hero Senki referenced at the end of the ep too. I wasn't aware of Gilliam's connection to that game until, well, now.

Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector 26

Nonstop mecha action, Tornado Blade used to great effect, and most importantly a special guest villain! Ending to this series was just fuck awesome.

That said, the series itself was uneven at times. It was definitely a step-up in every category with regard to the first series SRW OG Divine Wars. Action was better, cgi use wasn't as egregious, less Ryusei, and it had proper 2D mecha scenes. A lot of my enjoyment was derived from being a fan of the games and for the better part of the show it was pandering. By trying to adapt the storyline, they played fast and loose with the plot to get all the characters/events/etc in place for the final quarter of the series. While doing so, fan service was running in overdrive and the tone was somewhat silly. From the Earth Cradle on, however, it all came together into something fabulous. I think it would be confusing to go into the show without familiarity with the events of the first OG game or anime but it might be possible to enjoy it if expectations are tempered.

Black★Rock Shooter TV 4

Otherworld intro to start the episode was amazing then it all went to shit.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Next up, K-On marathon.

Mandetory scaring tactic

Granted, I find the above more hypnotic than scary, but I'm sure jman will close the window within 10 seconds. XD

He won't be too far gone until he does something crazy like sit on the bench from the K-On movie poster.

I'm ashamed to admit that I totally did that yesterday

Nice!

Will Nise become required animeGAF viewing?

It better not; I haven't watched Bake or Nise, and have no intentions to either.

jman2050

Serious post here, but the 'plot' in -monogatari is incredibly basic and sparse to begin with. I never get the feeling Nisio is trying to tell a story, rather that he just comes up with whatever settings are necessary for his insane ramblings and having crazy people play off each other.

And I'm totally okay with that.

Steroyd

Serious post here, but the 'plot' in -monogatari is incredibly basic and sparse to begin with. I never get the feeling Nisio is trying to tell a story, rather that he just comes up with whatever settings are necessary for his insane ramblings and having crazy people play off each other.

And I'm totally okay with that.

Granted there is no over arching plot in Bakemono, but there were a series of arcs where Araragi tried to help, I certainly don't remember there being pure fanservice "filler" episodes like this one.

Noirulus

[Nisemonogatari 8]

Ban this sick filth.

You've said this about Nise before, Jex. Perhaps you're secretly enjoying it..?
:)

More Blood-C (Ending) impressions.

You know, I really hate that
the genki Saya was killed by the story. I was really getting to like her personality and her songs, oh her songs....hnnnghhhh

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Once you become initiated in the ways and traditions of animegaf, you will be able to decide for yourself whether you will watch Nise or not.

Like choosing an MMO spec, it'll determine whether people want you in their groups or if you'll have to go it alone for the rest of your MMO career.

The courage to be alone.

Jex

The point, if there is a point, to forcing others to watch guiding others towards shows like Blood C, Arjuna and School Days is that these works ramp up over time before they arrive at some kind of glorious, painful climax. There's a downward progression to these works which is entertaining to experience from the outside.

Nisemonogatari is nothing like that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nise is the best.

::goes back to watching::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom