• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

I can't understand it either, but as this thread has again proven, there are indeed some people who, through some fit of hard to believe denial, deny that oreimo's about incest.
Because you completely misunderstood the subtext in OreImo. It's no more romantic than the yuribait in Rinne.

Branduil

are you guys talking about Betty

aX0Na.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Knighty in the Areay 10
ewpY9l.jpg

Yeah. Engrish!
Well, I guess it's close, except for the fact that because that "ch" sound in Japanese has to come out as "chee", they decided to add the "y" to the end of Witch.

Also, after Giant Killing, they really had no excuse not to find a German girl to play that foreign soccer player. None at all!

Instro

Hakugei- Legend of the Moby Dick 7

ibdOWAfVXtKWHT.jpg

Beautiful ladies. This episode was basically a space version of the Sirens from The Odyssey. Dezaki mixing two pieces of classic literature here.

Space Runaway Ideon 26:
It's really impressive how Cosmo has gone from the unlikable brat he was at the start of the series to the character he is now. I loved seeing him reacting to the news about recent events, and he really stood up as a great main character during this episode. Deck also had me enjoying him, despite everything else. The show is really at a big turning point here, and I'm finally at a point where I'm really interested to see what happens next.

Thoraxes

Persona 4 - 22

Fuck
man. That shit still got me good (I welled-up) and i've played through the game various times.
Next episode is the first
ending flag
, though with the amount of episodes left it's obviously
not going to take that one.

Also, that new
Persona
, I wonder if it has anything to due with the "Golden" subtitle of the re-make? My guess is definitely yes.

Also (super-duper-late game spoilers)
they showed Izanami again, and with her there, i'm guessing that they will have her episode as the last one after all, with the next two of them on Adachi. They've managed to do reaaaaaly awesome things with the episode flow in this series, so I think they can easily do justice to the Adachi and Izanami lines by the end. Adachi will probably have the reveal towards the latter-half of the next episode, crack out his battle and fog questions in the 24th, and then onto the Christmas event (hopefully, where shippers everywhere will cry out in agony), and then to the battle at the end.

I almost wish they had an extra episode for more hijinks.

Steroyd

It would be more accurate to say lovers of such tsun in tsunderes might be sadistic, but the dere from a tsundere doesn't have to be reciprocal to the tsun, so I wouldn't say the coin analogy works. It's the idea that the harder the tsun, the greater the dere is. It's why the immediate dere from a casual tsun isn't as appealing until the tsundere's tough exterior eventually melts and exposes a glimpse of dere for some. It's also why tomboy tsunderes have been popular in recent years.

Damn this is hard to read.

All I'm saying is that if there's no dere to the tsun or vice versa then the term tsundere shouldn't be used.

His only purpose in the show is to deal with constant shit because hes attracted to his sister, which is a pretty terrible one.

Or he feels like he now has the opportunity to act out his duty as a big brother. Granted it takes it to an extreme because he doesn't draw a line in the sand, but that's his retardedness.

Jex

Hakugei- Legend of the Moby Dick 7

ibdOWAfVXtKWHT.jpg

Beautiful ladies. This episode was basically a space version of the Sirens from The Odyssey. Dezaki mixing two pieces of classic literature here.

Hah, that particular shot is classic Dezaki, right from Rose of Versailles.

cajunator

Banned

All I'm saying is that if there's no dere to the tsun or vice versa then the term tsundere shouldn't be used.

Or he feels like he now has the opportunity to act out his duty as a big brother. Granted it takes it to an extreme because he doesn't draw a line in the sand, but that's his retardedness.

The Tsun is connected to the dere bone.

Jex

DiC's dub of Sailor Moon is the original anime hackjob.

- Added spoiler intro to ep 1
- Many episodes cut, including ep 6
- Final two eps of series one condensed into one
- Many scenes cut or edited
- Some scenes reordered
- All original music removed
- Addition of cheap cgish scene transitions
- Names and terminology changed, and often inconsistently
- Nature of enemies wIped, put under a blanket banner they can't decide whether it's Negaverse or Negaforce.
- Examples of truly awful voice acting, like MOOHHLLY
- Examples of incredibly suspect plot and dialogue rewriting
- Horrible treatment of the second series: First half of the second arc was aired after the series one ending, then it abruptly went back to the start of the first arc, then when that finshed it ended with nothing resolved from the second arc.

That's a pretty impressive list - I feel that you pulled it all from memory without consulting an outside text!

Jex

be prepared to witness one of the greatest rivalries in anime history:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/a%20battle%20of%20the%20ages.gif[/IMG]
my first gif :<

Arhhhh there's like a size limit on those things man! Are you trying to be Unknown Soldier?

Geneijin

File size considerations on the gifs please. That's way too high wonzo.

A dere moment doesn't always follow up a tsun moment. For a Kugiloli, sure, when she mood swings but that's only occasionally and one type of tsundere. If you're judging who's a tsundere based on the number of times she dere in relation to her tsun moments and think they have to somehow be equivalent quantitatively, you're mistaken on the main idea of what a tsundere is.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Umm, speaking of ANN (I really don't want to know what he looks like), on their podcast this week they had Sam Pinansky talk about launching a Kickstarter for anime licensing. The plan is to pick up neglected shows, formerly dead shows, and old shows a few episodes at a time and then produce subs for online streaming and DVDs based on user demand.

I suppose that immediately takes out the risk of licensing something that isn't a guaranteed hit at least.

cajunator

Banned
Umm, speaking of ANN (I really don't want to know what he looks like), on their podcast this week they had Sam Pinansky talk about launching a Kickstarter for anime licensing. The plan is to pick up neglected shows, formerly dead shows, and old shows a few episodes at a time and then produce subs for online streaming and DVDs based on user demand.

I suppose that immediately takes out the risk of licensing something that isn't a guaranteed hit at least.

I would donate to this. no lie.

wonzo

Banned

i'd kickstart a bd for mars of destruction

DiC's dub of Sailor Moon is the original anime hackjob.

- Added spoiler intro to ep 1
- Many episodes cut, including ep 6
- Final two eps of series one condensed into one
- Many scenes cut or edited
- Some scenes reordered
- All original music removed
- Addition of cheap cgish scene transitions
- Names and terminology changed, and often inconsistently
- Nature of enemies wIped, put under a blanket banner they can't decide whether it's Negaverse or Negaforce.
- Examples of truly awful voice acting, like MOOHHLLY
- Examples of incredibly suspect plot and dialogue rewriting
- Horrible treatment of the second series: First half of the second arc was aired after the series one ending, then it abruptly went back to the start of the first arc, then when that finshed it ended with nothing resolved from the second arc.

I'll never forget the
cousins thing
. My mind was blown.

Steroyd

Persona 4 - 22

Damnit!

I don't know why I'm surprised that this tone keeps surprising me in how good it is (not as strong as previous episodes mind you) every week for the past few weeks, but I should come to expect it by now.

be prepared to witness one of the greatest rivalries in anime history:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/a battle of the ages.gif
my first gif :<

edit: woops

Suddenly the gifs alone aren't enough. Don't make me do this. :(

File size considerations on the gifs please. That's way too high wonzo.

A dere moment doesn't always follow up a tsun moment. For a Kugiloli, sure, when she mood swings but that's only occasionally and one type of tsundere. If you're judging who's a tsundere based on the number of times she dere in relation to her tsun moments and think they have to somehow be equivalent quantitatively, you're mistaken on the main idea of what a tsundere is.

When it's 100% tsun and 0% dere, we need to start calling her something else like a complete bitch.

I would kickstart subs for the Kindaichi Case Files.

ZetaEpyon

Well, for stuff that's not animated in HD, I don't mind DVDs.

Stuff that aired in HD and is DVD-only just annoys the hell out of me, though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anime companies that don't release BDs need to stop living in the past.
Only Japan can survive on BD sales in the thousands.

Well, unless all US companies start charging 400 dollars for a box set.

You ever seen a penguin cry? WELL YOU'RE ABOUT TO.
Teehee.

hey, mars of destruction is no laughing matter!
I don't know anything about it, so I'll take your word for it.

I would kickstart subs for the Kindaichi Case Files.
I know I would want someone to do Ace wo Nerae.

Sora no Otoshimono: Tokeijikake no Angeloid
I didn't mind the recap and it was decent enough, though the last half hour was a bit too serious. I have no knowledge of the manga, but it feels like they bungled things.
What exactly is/was Hiyori? An angeloid that was inhabiting an avatar? How and why did she meet Tomoki when he was a kid?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Reading the ghoslightning entries on Cowboy Bebop got me mad nostalgic about it.

What's the best available bundle/package/whatever I can get for that show in the Americas?

Jex

I have a horrible feeling this wont work at all, because I don't imagine many people will put their money where their mouth is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom