• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake Monster Girls 07

C4-JditVcAA2Abx.jpg
C4-JfnwUEAAwPrz.jpg

bleh

This show is lame. Whens the succubus gonna let loose?

Research: Japanese Anime Fans Pick Their Favorite "Swimsuit" Episodes

TOP 10 for Boys

1. "Sword Art Online Extra Edition" (December 2013)
2. "Infinite Stratos" 9th episode (March 2011)
3. "Amagami SS" 13th to 16th episodes (Ai Nanasaki arc/September-October 2010)
4. "Hyouka" 11.5th episode (OVA/January 2013)
5. "A Certain Scientific Railgun" 13th episode (December 2009)
6. "Is The Order A Rabbit?" 8th episode (May 2014)
7. "Amagi Brilliant Park" 3rd and 7th episodes (October and November 2014)
8. "Gun x Sword" 17th episode (October 2005)
9. "School-Live!" 9th episode (September 2015)
10. "The Idolm@ster" 5th episode (August 2011)

Top 10 for Girls

1. "Free!" & "Free! - Eternal Summer -" all episodes (July-September 2013, July-September 2014)
2. "Touken Ranbu - Hanamaru" 7th episode (November 2016)
3. "Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolution" 2nd episode (April 2015)
4. "Ouran High School Host Club" 8th episode (May 2006)
5. "Sword Art Online Extra Edition" (December 2013)
6. "Love Live!" 10th episode (March 2013)
7. "B-Project" 8th episode (May 2016)
8. "Yuri!!! On ICE" 10th episode (December 2016)
9. "Another" 8th episode (February 2012)
10. "Kiss Him, Not Me" 9th episode (December 2016)

So they polled firehawk?

I think the Iron Patriot stuff would be very topical in today's environment.

Well, if it's interesting or could run the risk of making any sort of political statement whatsoever, you can count on the MCU to stay far away from it.

My main problem with that stuff in the comics wasn't so much that it wasn't interesting, as that I didn't really consider it to really be a logical progression of Norman Osborne as a character. It's definitely good material for a story, but I just don't see it as really being particularly tied to Norman as a character.

TOP 10 for Boys

Top 10 for Girls

1. "Free!" & "Free! - Eternal Summer -" all episodes (July-September 2013, July-September 2014)

At least Hyouka is charting somewhere. Someone please bring it here! Funimation if you're listening!

Hyouka's pool episode was so lame tho
Eupho's was better
best pool episode is Flipflappers

But Hyouka's pool episode had some character development and was...cute...

Plus it gave us the most screen time of the older sister we will ever get. It automatically wins.

Tonton

But Hyouka's pool episode had some character development and was...cute...

Plus it gave us the most screen time of the older sister we will ever get. It automatically wins.
It definitely felt like the worst episode for me
Or maybe the rest is just that great

I think I can agree about the sister part tho

Season 2 when ;_;

Aki-at

TOP 10 for Boys

This episode was really something else... I just rewatched it bits and pieces of it and yep, such a curveball.

Gurren Lagann or Kill La Kill?

Convinced my friend to watch both, whereas I'm rewatching them with him. We finished Gurren not too long ago, now 5 episodes into KLK. Seems to already prefer the latter a lot more already.

You've got my vote friend, I like Kill la Kill more!

On the account that I've never watch Gurren Lagann haha, might rectify that one day.

Fuuka 8

This episode just depresses me more. Childhood friends never win. It's not her fault that her fans are insane. She's been trying so hard all this time. Cutting off contact to please her agency and to protect Yuu. Good on him for recognizing that.

Which is gonna make future episodes really suck. Unless they go the Suzuka route, which is...just the worst.

Sigh. Please studio who's doing this. Just break off from the manga and make it happen! Troll the fanbase with the title of the show being a false flag. Make it happen!

Qurupeke

Full Metal Panic! 17

Actually, I quite liked this arc. Predictable, but I enjoyed the whole guerilla warfare w/ robots thing. And I assume that Gauron survived. His entire character seems to be about surviving off screen, looking badass and shouting "Kashim!".

Full Metal Panic! 17

Actually, I quite liked this arc. Predictable, but I enjoyed the whole guerilla warfare w/ robots thing. And I assume that Gauron survived. His entire character seems to be about surviving off screen, looking badass and shouting "Kashim!".

Who said that you wouldn't like this arc? This was one of the better parts of S1. That part with Chidori at the end showing the cognitive dissonance between her life and Sosuke's is great.

Qurupeke

Who said that you wouldn't like this arc? This was one of the better parts of S1. That part with Chidori at the end showing the cognitive dissonance between her life and Sosuke's is great.

My initial impressions weren't that positive. It was cheesy and the entire squad, minus Sousuke, acted like idiots.

Just T

Gintama: 317-322

New season has been straight so far, still on a serious arc that they will be riding to the end so the comedy comes and goes. The Zura fight was pretty great, Gintoki’s fight was short but kinda glad it didn’t last long tbh. That last scene of the latest episode was great. Still not feeling the ED though.

Konosube Season 2: 1-6

I’ve missed this ugly ass show. The latest episode was probably the weakest but that’s not a bad thing at all because it was still very funny. This new season has been very entertaining and those voice actors are still bringing it, still one of the show’s best points.

Rakugo Descending Stories: 2-7

I’ve been enjoying how this has progressed, it’s already went over a lot of time. I like how Yotaro’s dilemma with being the father was kinda resolved. Him and Konatsu have had some sweet moments, still calling her Sis is jarring though lol thought he would stop. Her performance was a really nice moment she did well. Yotaro himself has gotten very good. Still got a good bit of episodes left and with that big moment in the latest episode I wonder how things will go from here. Think the character name is “Hii”? but don’t like him and don’t like the glasses dude from the previous episode either.

Demi Chan: 1-6

This has been a really chill show. It has a nice charming feeling to it and a little humorous, just an enjoyable little show. Episodes flew by.

PK Gaming

Nana (1-47)

Nana was an extremely good watch. It took basic ass themes like friendship, romance, growing up and deftly handled them, tackling unconventional stuff like pregnancy, abortion, sexual abuse, cheating in a really great. It was equal parts fun and equal parts depressing, and I definitely recommend watching to anyone who's even remotely looking for a romance anime that goes beyond high school. I also recommend watching the dub over the sub here because the dub is aces.

Eureka 7 (1-50)

It's Eureka 7

Haikyuu (1-25)

My dumb ass took until now to watch this, which sucks because Haikyuu is fucking good and I missed out on the hype. It's shonen as heck, but somehow manages to have a cast of incredibly likeable characters. Matches are tense and exciting, with non-obvious outcomes. Victories and losses feel earned, and there's no bullshit hail mary move that changes everything. Definitely recommend watching if you're even remotely into sports anime. Or just shonen in general.

Konosuba (1-10)

A "this anime totally subverts the tired harem set up I swear!" anime that actually lives up to that promise. Konosuba is both hilarious and fun, but also weirdly endearing? While they're all shitheads (especially Darkness), you get the sense that main cast genuinely likes each other. Not just 3 girls vying for Kazuma's attention, but there's a group wide camaraderie, which was pretty great and unexpected. Can't wait to see more, because apparently S2 is much better (the new OP is extremely promising, haha).

Last thing... apparently Aqua is hated? Why? That's goddamn whack.

Tiger Mask W Episode 19

He's gonna die isn't he? ;_;

This is an episode where a bunch of rich people watch underground illegal wrestling where people occasionally die, and they bet on it.

The stakes in wrestling have never been higher.

Also I shouldn't be surprised after episode 4, but this show is surprisingly bloody at times.

download_2.png

pbayne

Last Exile

Something in this show just made my brain flip.
So they have a big fight between airships. But first they do this complicated ritual of the old timey civil war everyone form a single line with muskets so the two opposing sides can shoot each other as they pass. OK. WHY?

Now to the show's credit it does demonstrate that there are certain codes of etiquette and honor that go alongside warfare but fuck thats such a stupid waste of soldiers lives for literally no benefit. Because once their done the stupid musket thing the ships just shoot each other with their main cannons, making the musket bullshit pointless. And what fucking moron volunteers for that role either.

Level E 1

The E must stand for ecstasy.

Cornbread78

TOP 10 for Boys

Top 10 for Girls

More proof SAO is better than Hyouka..

I'm kinda sad that in this Tiger Mask W episode when the weapons dropped after an elimination (I'm pretty sure Red Death Mask killed that guy...) someone didn't get a gun.

That'd be my pro wrestling gimmick. Once I started losing a fight I'd just pull out a pistol, and somehow people would be surprised every time.

Narag

Dragon Dentist just went up on CR for those lucky Crunchyroll members in the UK, Ireland, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
***,*89 (**2,418) Youjo Senki [BD]
***,116 (**5,478) KonoSuba2 [BD]
***,301 (***,926) Youjo Senki (Extras)[AmazonBD]
***,327 (**1,763) KonoSuba2 (Extras)[AmazonBD]
***,451 (**1,344) GabDro (Event)[BD]
***,492 (***,842) Demi-chan (Limited)[BD]
***,539 (***,829) Maidragon [BD]
***,554 (***,924) LWA (Limited)[BD]
***,557 (***,789) One Room (Short)[BD]
***,611 (***,914) Gintama [DVD]
***,673 (***,673) Gintama [BD]
***,672 (***,537) TalesX2 (Extras)[BDBox]
***,809 (***,870) ACCA (Extras)[AmazonBD]
***,888 (***,511) BanG Dream! (Concert)[AmazonBD]
***,901 (***,633) BanG Dream! (Concert)[BD]
**1,245 (***,483) Marginal (Limited)[BD]
**1,442 (***,437) Seiren [BD]
**1,534 (***,422) Maidragon (Extras)[AmazonBD]
**1,711 (***,512) Fuuka (Limited)[BD]
**2,037 (***,407) Masamune-kun [BD]
**2,064 (***,385) LWA (Limited)(Extras)[AmazonBD]
**2,089 (***,340) Urara (Event)[BD]
**2,203 (***,714) Blue Exorsist (Limited)[DVD]
**2,449 (***,517) Blue Exorsist (Limited)[BD]
**2,593 (**1,022) KonoSuba2 [DVD]

doUHYrV.png

In This Corner Of The World gets another theatrical run in Germany this Summer. No details announced but I guess this time it will be dubbed.

Good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom