• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Why the fuck are you watching the dub? What is wrong with you?

likely because the dub to that show in particular is perfectly fine?
I mean it's not an amazing show, dubs make it far easier to multitask for those who speak english but don't fluently speak japanese :p

*starts up the dub to youjo sneki episode 5* :p

Dresden

"Incidentally, you soiled yourself when you thought you were going to be hit by that tractor. They took you to the nearest hospital, and all the doctors and nurses were like, 'Whaaat? What a loser! (LOL),'

I've made a terrible mistake

jbug617

Banned
The Big O is finally coming to Blu! 6/20!
C5Nwnq7UkAAYQtr.jpg
https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/products/big-o-the-complete-collection

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It was intentional, but the strands are drawing together now.

Kemono Friends - 7

"We friends are animals that have been transformed into humans"

"One day, the humans disappeared"

"Ceruleans used to often be found near humans"

"[Lucky Beast] said something important to the Friends and us is underground"

dR48xFn.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ACCA Episode 7:

This show loves its baked goods and I have yet to figure out why. Oh, also, the core revelation is now out of the bag and it is a doozy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ACCA Episode 7:

This show loves its baked goods and I have yet to figure out why. Oh, also, the core revelation is now out of the bag and it is a doozy.

I like how everyone in Jean's office exist for no other reason than to consume pastries. Jean does all the heavy lifting.

I can't believe how dark the implications of Kemono Friends' world-building are and how light-hearted the show is at the same time.

The majority of the show is just cute animal girls doing cute things but every so often you get characters uttering head-scratching lines that go along with all the visual elements in the show and it gives the whole thing this feeling of sadness going underneath it all.

That aside: STEALTH GUNBUSTER 3 CONFIRMATION.

https://wavemotioncannon.com/2017/02/21/the-current-status-of-gainax-interview-hiroyuki-yamaga-yoshiyuki-sadamoto-september-2016/

phaze

I don't see people changing their minds on ACCA if they dropped it beforehand, it's still a mellow and slow affair with no spark to its direction and visuals. The revelation itself was obvious from first or second episode

Fafner Exodus 11
02614386jg0.jpg

I'm sure it'll all be daijobu

Didn't expect this to turn into X-men suddenly.

likely because the dub to that show in particular is perfectly fine?
I mean it's not an amazing show, dubs make it far easier to multitask for those who speak english but don't fluently speak japanese :p

*starts up the dub to youjo sneki episode 5* :p

My roommate and I started it over the weekend and we love it. It's so good. Tanya's Japanese VO does an amazing job of selling all the scenes she's in. Being X in episode 6 is great.

Sounds like people who are watching the dub aren't enjoying it as much as they should. So it seems to me that the dub is doing a poor job of selling the characters and plot from what I can gather.

Jex

Cool, I'm sure Gainax will get that sequel out just as soon as they've finished with Wings of Honneamise 2.

Narag

Could swear we knew about the gunbuater thing months ago then all proceeded to make blue uru jokes.

At least that's how I remember it.

Qurupeke

Black Rock Shooter [END]

In a show about suffering, I think I suffered the most.

I'm not sure I understand this completely... Like, why was Saya a sadistic, evil bitch and then she's suddenly the hero, only to play an insignificant role in the end?

Anyway, some good action, some bad action, battles that didn't make any sense, a bad ending, terrible characters and, of course, tons of suffering for everyone... Never go full Okada.

My roommate and I started it over the weekend and we love it. It's so good. Tanya's Japanese VO does an amazing job of selling all the scenes she's in. Being X in episode 6 is great.

Sounds like people who are watching the dub aren't enjoying it as much as they should. So it seems to me that the dub is doing a poor job of selling the characters and plot from what I can gather.
I don't know how many more people other then me and zulux are watching the dub of Tanya, but like I said previously the english VA performance isn't the problem. I just think Tanya isn't strong enough of a character to make the show better then just good. But that's just me and what I prefer in my MCs. English Dubs these days are pretty solid and imo many times they are better then original japanese VAs. But at that point it's a matter of tastes.

Yeah, Escaflowne gets bad and weird in the last 3rd in a very 'Light Novel' way.

It's pretty strange.

I don't know a single isekai Light Novel story other than Escaflowne where
it gets revealed that Isaac Newtown was the big bad this whole time and he made giant robots.

I don't know about you but to me that's pretty awesome.

Jex

I don't know a single isekai Light Novel story other than Escaflowne where
it gets revealed that Isaac Newtown was the big bad this whole time and he made giant robots.

I don't know about you but to me that's pretty awesome.

Sounds like something from a Fate/Stay fanfiction to me!

Pundere

Nekomonogatari Black
Aw yes more Hanekawa is always good. Also fuck Oshino for saying she's to blame for her parents abusing her. The fuck, man.

Monogatari S2 - Tsubasa Tiger
Damn, this really puts into light how underwhelming Nisemono was. Araragi is barely even present and all of the other characters are still able to carry the show with ease.

I was getting kinda worried with how they seemed to be heavily foreshadowing
Hanekawa's death
, but it turns out alright in the end. Even if she's not going to 'win' she's still far and away my favorite character in the show.

I was also surprised we actually get to see Mamaragi, but I'm guessing that means she'll play a part in later arcs.

convo

Black Rock Shooter [END]

In a show about suffering, I think I suffered the most.

I'm not sure I understand this completely... Like, why was Saya a sadistic, evil bitch and then she's suddenly the hero, only to play an insignificant role in the end?

Anyway, some good action, some bad action, battles that didn't make any sense, a bad ending, terrible characters and, of course, tons of suffering for everyone... Never go full Okada.

I always wondered how a franchise based on a single piece of miku fan-art and the vocaloid song can have a plot. It can only be made up but people couldn't let cool illustrations be just cool illustrations . At least the artist responsible for that piece of fan-art got to illustrate Steins;Gate and that's great.

Joe Molotov

I always wondered how a franchise based on a single piece of miku fan-art and the vocaloid song can have a plot. It can only be made up but people couldn't let cool illustrations be just cool illustrations . At least the artist responsible for that piece of fan-art got to illustrate Steins;Gate and that's great.

Pinky Swear should be the next Miku song to get an Okada anime adaptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom