• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Please tell me tha Iok Kujan dies horribly in Gundam: IBO.

Seriously. Hearing him spouting nonsense about some sort of silly honor code every other scene and constantly messing things up during the mobile armor arc made me wish he'd just drop dead. His informed ability of being really charismatic is kind of sad as well because his followers are basically backing up the equivalent of a snotty little kid.

Paltheos

I like Hiei, but come on, we all know who the best character of Yu Yu Hakusho is, and it's not even a contest.

I like to believe it's a sign of good show when I read a line like this (without also looking at the username) and I don't know who the speaker's talking about. It could be any of the main cast. Well... except for Kurama. He's a good character! But just not best material.

blurr

Rakugo has no place for irony though.

today's brain decisions:

1. dropping gabdrop
2. going to pretend that last episode of maiddragon didn't happen and continue on

Considering what all I've been hearing about gabdrop, I'm assuming I'll be satisfied watching short clips on YouTube. Still haven't started watching it, even though I have all episodes lying around.

Maid Dragon - not very keen on resuming it either, I'll catch up to Kemono Friends and 3Gatsu for now.

Qurupeke

Black Rock Shooter 5-6

Is this stupid because it's an anime or is it an anime because it's stupid?

I don't understand anything anymore. It was dumb and now it's dumber. I suffer. Thanks Okada.

MSMrRound

Little Witch Academia 7

That was a pretty enjoyable episode! Way better than the previous two, that's for sure.

Part of me felt like I was watching another LWA ova, with antics and hijnks mixed in for a satisfying payoff towards the end of the episode. Good to see Ursula standing up for herself (and Akko) for once.

Fbh

So is the Seven Deadly Sins S2 going to be a weekly thing on Netflix? I'm only seeing 4 episodes available right now.

Anyway, pretty dissapointing so far.
I mostly enjoyed season 1 but 2 has been a bunch of filler so far

So is the Seven Deadly Sins S2 going to be a weekly thing on Netflix? I'm only seeing 4 episodes available right now.

No. It was a four episode miniseries that aired on Japanese TV last year.

Or they are all new shows for this season and it's all in good fun.

Evidently. Wasn't trying to sound genuinely grumpy though I admit that it does read like that.

Was still wondering why Rakugo/Deen was named at all but yeh, makes sense if second seasons don't count.

Stuff I got this time while in Japan:
C5M14FAWMAAeolI.jpg:large

Mendrox

Season 2 is almost 95% filler except for the last 3 minutes every episode. It was just a filler series for the real deal coming this year.

Ah, so the photo with the stack of H doujins is a Line messenger exclusive.

Is that a Your Name artbook?

And Mike bought a ton of doujins, eh?

I didn't buy any doujins, except the ones a certain guy here wanted me to get for him!

And it's another Your Name movie screening booklet. This time it was an interview one.

What is that Lucky Star book?

A Yoshimizu Kagami Lucky Star Art Book.

jman2050

Black Rock Shooter 5-6

Is this stupid because it's an anime or is it an anime because it's stupid?

I don't understand anything anymore. It was dumb and now it's dumber. I suffer. Thanks Okada.

whynotboth.gif

BRS TV is a masterpiece in trainwrecks. Only a mind like Okadabot's could create nonsense of this caliber.

I started playing story of seasons to wait for Zelda, and it grabbed my attention for 1 and a half days before I realized that Stardew Valley did what this did but better. The monotony hits hard.

Should've played Rune Factory 4, the best Harvest Moon game.

The Vision of Evangelion - 16 - 17

This sure is a mecha anime that came right after Evangelion all right. Not to say that it's ripping anything off, but I'm sure getting vibes of that with all this stuff between Van's turmoil with the Escaflowne and Hitomi's inner conflicts.

They're good vibes though. The way they're being used to add to the world-building with Hitomi's grandmother, Alan's father, and the Mystic Lands being
Atlantis
all really nail that classic fantasy feeling of me being invested in the world and the adventure these characters are on.

The Vision of Escaflowne - 18

OH MY GOODNESS.

THE VILLAIN THIS WHOLE TIME WAS
ISAAC NEWTON.

ISAAC NEWTON
CREATED GIANT ROBOTS IN A FANTASY LAND AND MAGIC IS ACTUALLY SCIENCE.

OH MY GOODNESS.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Vision of Escaflowne - 18

OH MY GOODNESS.

THE VILLAIN THIS WHOLE TIME WAS
ISAAC NEWTON.

ISAAC NEWTON
CREATED GIANT ROBOTS IN A FANTASY LAND AND MAGIC IS ACTUALLY SCIENCE.

OH MY GOODNESS.
I don't remember this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom