• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Japanese voices?

Definitely not that. I like the english voices more then the japanese ones. I think it's just the MC is lacking? Maybe a good side-lead would be good. Also I need some emotions, which I have not yet have 4 episodes in.

Also Funimation has been doing good with english dubs recently. I find a bunch of them better then their japanese voices.
------------------------

That Yu Yu hakusho thread made me go and check back some of the fights and MAN Hiei is such a badass! Best character and he has the best fight of the show too.

Narag

Princess Nine ep.6
Why they gotta make the fat girl the catcher? If they made this show these days, there would be hell to pay for those stereotypes, lol. Well, at least they got two more girls with only a couple more needed.

Best part is the music that starts when she appears at this point of the episode.

I like Hiei, but come on, we all know who the best character of Yu Yu Hakusho is, and it's not even a contest.

This is what happens when you change avatars to something outside of the theme.

Clov

I was looking at an HMV back home to see if I could get anything decent during their closing sales, and I managed to grab a BD copy of Level E for pretty cheap. I was pretty happy with it, but none of my friends seemed to really know about it.

I remember really enjoying it when it came out. Had a pretty catchy opening song too!

Cornbread78

Panty & Stocking ep.4
6UvtquH.jpg
Speaking of stereotypes, this show is terrible, but so friggen funny at the same time. The fat girl bit wasn't that great, but the panty run? Oh my, lol. So many things wrong, but so damn funny about this garbage l.

Didn't see anybody post about it in here, but I got a notification from haveibeenpwned yesterday that Funimation was breached. Email addresses, usernames and passwords are out there. This might be worthy of a thread on OT.

Didn't see anybody post about it in here, but I got a notification from haveibeenpwned yesterday that Funimation was breached. Email addresses, usernames and passwords are out there. This might be worthy of a thread on OT.

Funimation: In July 2016, the anime site Funimation suffered a data breach that impacted 2.5 million accounts. The data contained usernames, email addresses, dates of birth and salted SHA1 hashes of passwords.

Compromised data: Dates of birth, Email addresses, Passwords, Usernames

When they recently updated their site last month, I had to change passwords.

Kenstar

Gabriel Dropout 7

Ep was botched
Shouldn't have watched
Negative 0 laughs were had
Vigne continues to be bad
'but we need the boring straightman'; a copout
show would be better if Vigne just dropped out
Kick her out she has 0 range
latest

★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . 
.  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...somewhere  ° ☾ °  
¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .  * :.   ★ °● ¸ .   
* ¸.  .in a parallel universe* ● ¸    ° ☾ °☆  .    
★ ★ °. .  . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ ..Vigne...° ☾ 
★ °● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * was good

elDLIVE Episode 2 (engdub)

Cast has grown on me, I really like the voices now, especially Drew (but I guess they are going with Dolough? I dont understand these naming choices considering the manga from viz goes with Drew).

Yoyosa sounds hilarious to say out loud.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
fuck u for steeling my pasta and fuck u for talking shit about best demon

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Drakengard 3

Y'know I've beaten both Drakengard 1 and 3's true end bosses, but I still think the last boss in Sonic Generations is worse then both.

if it wasn't for a certain video on youtube, i would never have beaten drakengard 3 last boss. With that said, i can't wait for what nier automata has in store for us.

Wood Man

I'm dropping out of Gabriel Dropout.

I don't mind a show full of mean spirited & selfish characters if it's funny. But there was no funny found.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I want to like Vigne but come on. That last episode is beyond zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh I dropped GabDrop last week it's just another bad DogaKobo show.

Wake me up when Nozaki-kun S2 is announced.

if it wasn't for a certain video on youtube, i would never have beaten drakengard 3 last boss. With that said, i can't wait for what nier automata has in store for us.

Its actually impossible without one of the videos that gives you a metronome to follow. If people say they beat the last boss without one of those videos they are fucking lying.

MartyStu

Remember, magic is still limited by leyline availability and the relatively low number of witches. In the past it might have been your best option to carry a broken object to the nearest witch shop and back, but with technological advances either mundane repair or outright replacement are probably cheaper when you factor in travel time.

Also, Lotte got an A+ for fixing up a shoe. I kind of doubt repair magic would be very effecive on microelectronics.

It is not that the show can not make a good case for magic's fading relevance, it just does not.

Cornbread78

Absolute Duo ep.4
Oh, what a cute "date" episode. Lilith's blaze is pretty badass though. No real harem yet though. Boo/10 for harem fun.

blurr

This whole Mob Psycho discussion has been pretty illuminating. I am not looking to tell people how to feel about a show but I am very interested in hearing why people feel the way I do. To that end, this debate has been useful.

I cannot personally cannot see a problem with a writer creating a story as they go along. That just seems to be part of the creative process - which is an organic exercise. The idea that 'good' writing involves planning everything in advance feels very peculiar to me. I don't see what that has to do with a story being good or bad (beyond basic consistency).

The only time I might take umbrage with this kind of story development is in a mystery story which is expecting the audience to correctly solve a puzzle. For a puzzle to be fair the audiences need access to all the information required to solve it. However, outside of that particular context, it seems far less important.

Hell, I wouldn't even really be bothered if the writer had broken an explicit rule they set earlier in the narrative, as long as breaking that rule rewarded some kind of interesting development. Araki ignores his own rules all the time in JoJo's and that doesn't stop the series from being great - in fact the freedom it offers Araki to create as he seems fit is one of the reasons that the series is so enjoyable.

It's interesting that you bring up Jojo's, I've always seen it reinvent its fiction during the beginning of an arc, as a fresh page into the world as opposed to somewhere midway or the climax. Unless that changed from part 3 and 4 which I have not seen yet. MP100's psychic energy does have some basic resemblace to Jojo's hamon or stand.

There are certain levels of complexity when relaying "powers"/fiction in a show:

Inherent Complexity: something that is explicitly complicated, described through clear visuals or explained to a detail. HxH falls into this. This is probably not the most elegant way to relay powers but there's an appeal to it for some.

Loose Complexity: This is where the show establishes something very loosely, OPM for instance talks about a world that is constantly attacked by monsters and people in some or the other unspecified way gain various powers. MHA talks about people simply being born with various powers. I could add the universe of Kekkai Sensen to this where it talks about a cross dimensional portal where the possibilities are limitless.

Emergent Complexity: something that is basic initially but is eventually/as the show progresses shown to take different forms and explained visually or verbally but only brief enough to gain an idea about it. I feel MP100 and Jojo fall into these. This is where what you've mentioned about a writer building or changing something applies but the argument isn't that he shouldn't but that he could've done it convincingly than so conveniently. Whether or not it was convincing seems to be a very subjective aspect.

Hand Shakers Episode 3 (engdub)
C5KKAUEWYAArg2A.jpg:large
C5KKkERW8AAQ7G-.jpg:large

Tazuna's such a great kid. I love how the feelings are so pure with him and Koyori and just trying to get her to experience things while getting stronger. I guess the first time I watched I didnt notice that she can go 15 minutes without needing to hold his hand. Great improvement.

Tazuna has great dodging ability and also I just noticed he can even slide backwards.
C5KNN16WcAAvCtl.jpg:small
C5KNfR1WIAAdCSq.jpg:small

I started playing story of seasons to wait for Zelda, and it grabbed my attention for 1 and a half days before I realized that Stardew Valley did what this did but better. The monotony hits hard.

blurr

I started playing story of seasons to wait for Zelda, and it grabbed my attention for 1 and a half days before I realized that Stardew Valley did what this did but better. The monotony hits hard.

I saw the trailer and I was afraid that would be the case. It reminded me of Fantasy Life.

Monster Hunter Stories Ride On Episode 15 (engdub)

Genie and Hyoro's bonding moment was sweet, I guess its his way of showing his concern and sadness over letting Hyoro go off into the world.

Navirou's running thing during the episode with Lute being unable to tell what was wrong with him was funny.

I thought you were talking about one of the best Zelda games for a second and was about to smack you with a rolled up newspaper.

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Oracle_of_Seasons_and_Oracle.jpg

It and Ages are fantastic...

...save for that fucking Goron dance.

ēlDLIVE Episode 5 – A Pursuer From the Past: Part 2
tumblr_okwxh3qrgy1vj5j9co1_500.gif

Gucci was pretty good though beyond the action I loved the part with Gucci mom and Chuuta Kokonose having a moment. I just read this in the manga today and felt all good about it.Glad to see it deliver well here.

The battle scene in space was much clearer in the anime than the manga, I was trying to figure out the plan while reading the manga and it just made much more sense in action.

Penguindrum 23

I'd be lying if I said there weren't things in this episode that connected with me. It seems like things are finally getting real and turning into that darker final act, I'm interested to see where it goes.

...Oh wait theres one episode left lel

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Dragon Maid - 2 - 6

This show is something else.

And they knew exactly what the hell they were doing when they paired Shouta with that super busty dragon lady. Hooooly shit. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom