• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSMrRound

One of my personal hope for Anime Japan=

possible news of Symphogear season 4, in the form of a PV etc (feels like it's nearly time). Some side news on the Fat-I mean Sympho Grand Order mobile app game might be nice.

Cornbread78

Panty and Stocking ep.7
i1nFh6y.jpg
The mecha anime I've been waiting for...
This show is so Dan stupid, but entertaining as fuck. Lots of funny stuff in both episodes.

For a studio named Bee Train they never made an anime that was about a train run by bees or maybe a train shaped like a bee. Kind of a missed opportunity.

duckroll

Im confused, is just the debut episode a net premiere or will the whole series be a online club exclusive? No tv airing?

It's a little new project they are doing like Thunderbolt. It might or might not only be a single episode for now. We'll learn more later this year. If it's popular I'm sure they'll make more. It's not online club exclusive, they're just getting it first. They also got to watch Thunderbolt ep1 first before it was put online for everyone else. The normal release for Twilight Axis will probably be July or something, since Thunderbolt ep8 is in June.

Jex

[Scum's Wish] - 11

On the surface, this almost seems like a sweet, romantic development. Yet, another way to describe the events of this episode would be:

"Man with giant Oedipus-complex allows his serious girlfriend/mother-figure to sleep with as many men as she wants".

Mr. Milquetoast is is actually one screwed up dude.

duckroll

http://sakuracon.org/2017/03/world-...mi-hakkenden-with-fma-director-yasuhiro-irie/

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!

TEN YEARS OF BELIEVING!

Tell me about it.

"I'm going to probably cheat on you at some point."
"I know and I don't care."
It's just like I suspected, sensei is the most fucked up one LOL. Like for real, a woman tells you that she is fucking around and you go and
ask her in marriage
. Open relationships and swinging are a thing, but this isn't that. She's gonna keep doing it (maybe?) while he isn't.

Aki-at

POLYGON "SIDONIA" PICTURES/GODZILLA/GEN "THE BUTCHER" UROBUCHI/YUSUKE "FIRE EMBLEM" KOZAKI fans gonna want to check this out: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=232673256#post232673256

I've always wanted a film where Godzilla reigns over Earth (albeit post apocalyptic styled world with a group of survivors) so this is right up my alleyway! HYPE!

Wonder when they're going to show off Godzilla himself.

They've improved with Aijn. Plus this is going to be a movie, not a whole series. I'm thinking they'll have a bit more money to work with.

Netflix co-producing too so they should have a fair bit more cash to throw at this.

They've improved with Aijn. Plus this is going to be a movie, not a whole series. I'm thinking they'll have a bit more money to work with.

The problem with Polygon Pictures' approach to CG is not lack of money but deliberate artistic decisions made with the misguided intention of imitating 2D animation. Unless the directors at Polygon change their mind with regard to the best way to do CG animation, their works are going to keep having the same mistakes.

duckroll

The problem with Polygon Pictures' approach to CG is not lack of money but deliberate artistic decisions made with the misguided intention of imitating 2D animation. Unless the directors at Polygon change their mind with regard to the best way to do CG animation, their works are going to keep having the same mistakes.

There's no "problem" since this will forever remain a matter of taste. Some people love it, some don't.

Clov

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the limited framerate either. At least Ronia looked nice; they didn't go for a limited framerate with that one, did they? Perhaps they'll do the same thing with Godzilla, since it's targeting a more mainstream audience.

POLYGON "SIDONIA" PICTURES/GODZILLA/GEN "THE BUTCHER" UROBUCHI/YUSUKE "FIRE EMBLEM" KOZAKI fans gonna want to check this out: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=232673256#post232673256

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I got a Switch today, I finally get to hear more about Polygon's Godzilla film, Thunderbolt gets a new episode up, designs for Twilight Axis come out
and look retro enough to appease me
. Life just doesn't get better. Edit: Actually it could, Getter Robo revival when?

There's no "problem" since this will forever remain a matter of taste. Some people love it, some don't.

Also this.

The problem for me and others who consider Polygon's Japanese-centric work ugly, then.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the limited framerate either. At least Ronia looked nice; they didn't go for a limited framerate with that one, did they? Perhaps they'll do the same thing with Godzilla, since it's targeting a more mainstream audience.

Ronia the Robber's Daughter did not use a limited framerate, correct. We can only hope. (And get some better character models, please?)

I think Sidonia had several threads in the off-topic section about how great it looks or something like that.

Well, the action scenes were sure good.

Cornbread78

Sums Wish ep.11
tuZmlDJ.jpg

Sensei, WTF is that? I'm so confused Why would you do this to yourself? I understand unconditional love, but your setting yourself up for a life of pain down the road. I'm surprised how much of this show has been focused on Akane and not just Mugi and Hanabi..

Chase17

Fuuka 12
So Koyuki, who apparently doesn't have a bad bone or grudge at all, clears the air with Fuuka. And Yuu gets Fuuka to go back to the band.

Fuuka presumably breaches her contract and performs with the Fallen Moon, and her agent rewards her with signing the band.

Koyuki is for some reason a rabbit now lol

This show had an awful first few episodes, a middle stretch where it was ok, then ended pretty badly. I was promised a twist, but the twist being that there was no twist was pretty good. AOTY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom