• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Ben-to ep. 5
Well, that was interesting from Saito being threatened to get batteries shoved up his ads to having to cross dress to get away..... Pretty fun until Saito got rekt at the end. Now we are going into a East vs. West bento shop turf war?

Hey... Saekano was actually pretty decent. I enjoyed it.

Yeah, I had a lot of fun with it too!

is this season over yet?
2 more days, then the fun begins Sat.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Why're you taking recommendations from Floe's stream?

DansGame

Yeah, they're not taking any chances after that incident. It got so infamous that both Simpsons and South Park referenced it.
It's not from his stream. More a subset of his stream viewers who watch anime. :V

Twin star exorcist END
ca28c45ede6058269bebe3ea93a1c0d71490821496_full.jpg

This ending was absolutely beautiful...I mean wow. The way they handled the romantic finale of this show was 10/10. The backgrounds, the music and the platora of emotions got me good. These 2 might easily be my favorite couple in all of anime.(Sakura and Syaroan movie scene might be beaten just a little.) The way they built everything up to how each of the main duo expressed their love will nailed every point. Even in the end they were capable of inserting what makes both character so special in what you think would be a weird place, but it actually made everything so much better. I mean just writing this and remembering the key scenes as me in fucking tears...best romance. I still got all these little warm feelings. What a great shonen duo.

Love that little tease at the end, the show played me good haha.

Alright AnimeGAF, I need some GIFs for the upcoming Magic the Gathering thread. Specifically, Yu-Gi-Oh GIFs, since the upcoming set has an Egyptian theme. I want the following:
* In the last opening of the first series, the part where it shows Yugi, then it transitions to Atem on a throne, then a shakey close-up of him.
* Someone going "Oh no!"
* Something related to Egyptian god cards.

I'd appreciate the help.

Alright AnimeGAF, I need some GIFs for the upcoming Magic the Gathering thread. Specifically, Yu-Gi-Oh GIFs, since the upcoming set has an Egyptian theme. I want the following:
* In the last opening of the first series, the part where it shows Yugi, then it transitions to Atem on a throne, then a shakey close-up of him.
* Someone going "Oh no!"
* Something related to Egyptian god cards.

I'd appreciate the help.

61b.gif

You can use JoJo for the third thing too. Hell you can probably workshop it for the first one

So what does Amazon have this season so far? Sword Oratoria, Re:Creators and Atom The Beginning are the ones we know.

I am gonna suppose everything else sentai license will go to amazon too. Hummm I really hope Anime strike stay US exclusive for now.

In addition to Saekano S2 due to their noitamina partnership, Amazon also will have exclusive streaming rights to Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul and possibly Sakura Quest as well.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
In addition to Saekano S2 due to their noitamina partnership, Amazon also will have exclusive streaming rights to Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul and possibly Sakura Quest as well.

i was really looking forward to saekano s2 and sakura quest, hopefully crunchyroll gets something i'm interested in, since it's the only anime streaming service available in my country

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I will never ever pay for Strike on top of Prime.

Cornbread78

Love, election and chocolate ep.5
Poor dude doesn't even remember the love letter... At least his speach wasn't a complete fail in the end.

KraytarJ

K-ON!! 16
Azusa learns the hard lesson that while you can take the girl from the hedonism you can't take the hedonism from the girl. Basically she's been infected by the band. Was cool to see more weird pairings, this time centred around Azusa.

jonjonaug

Maid Dragon 12 - The anime original content has been pretty good outside of endless "Saikawa makes a funny face" and "small boy cannot handle boobs" jokes (like, that's their characters in the manga too, but there's more to them than just that) but we're back on episodes made up of actual manga content and with three of the best chapters in the entire manga all arranged into a single episode. It's some Good Shit.

That's not to say the bits of anime original content haven't been good here either. It's nice to see something with Shouta and Luccoa that isn't just boob jokes and more Fafnir content is always appreciated.

How good is Kase-san and Morning Glories? Asking for a friend.

Good in short bursts. Like every chapter is the same (every chapter: "main character likes girl and girl likes her back but oh no what if girl doesn't actually like her back that much oh no wait she does phew") and progression is slow, but the actual writing is solid and the characters are likable.

BeyBlade Episode 47 EngDub

I love Mr. Dickinson's meddling in the Bladebreakers activities. Hes the best.

I wish Kai was there to tell Tyson what to do to handle the upcoming battle with the Demolition Boys. Also the tourney, did they really push it off to a future season?

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 7

LJHmydP.png

iukHHSC.png

I can't help but feel as though the ridiculous image stereotyping sucks the air out of the attempt to tell a more emotional story.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam

xa0wWtK.png

RDCjRs2.png

I guess the thirst for vengeance caused Andrew Graham to grow three sizes and add a baritone to his voice.

The show has certainly shifted towards the more serious side.

Puruzi

Banned
Feel like starting an older anime today, should I start Baby Steps or Midori Days

Baby Steps isn't really old but whatever, basically not this year or last

I can't help but feel as though the ridiculous image stereotyping sucks the air out of the attempt to tell a more emotional story.

The image stereotyping is more or less sprinkled across the show to not interfere the emotional aspect of the story. You'll of course see more of it as the show goes on, but when things get serious it won't be much of a problem.

Feel like starting an older anime today, should I start Baby Steps or Midori Days

Baby Steps isn't really old but whatever, basically not this year or last

G Gundam.

JulianImp

Ah, the good old days when sexism and racism were socially accepted... I remember watching some old futuristic anime set in space on one of my cousin and I's random cruncyroll dinners, and of course the space station had to have a pink spacesuit to give to its lone female tripulant (a princess that the MC had to rescue, by the way).

Still, would it have killed them to give tequila gundam a revolver, or were gundams at that time more focused on melee combat? You seriously can't have a mexican cowboy stereotype without that, a poncho and maybe even a guitar.

Cornbread78

Princess Nine ep.22
I really hate Izume's passive aggressive behavior and treatment of everyone. Please tell me she gets humanized by the end of this show...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom