• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 downgrade arguments in here and nowhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reallink

2504401-6535952199-ip9VU.gif

BoEVirV.png

cWf3DID.png

Nice try. For anyone who hasn't been following the game or beta leaks over the years, bottom pic is the canceled Wii version, Middle is PS3, and top is PC.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
are those PC or PS4 screens?

PC. They are 4K shots on high settings, no hairworks.

4K settings on Ultra will be something to behold. The PC Screenshot thread will be full of shots that look every bit as good as the 2014 version I am betting. And even certain ones that match parts of the 2013 footage.

PC. They are 4K shots on high settings, no hairworks.

4K settings on Ultra will be something to behold. The PC Screenshot thread will be full of shots that look every bit as good as the 2014 version I am betting. And even certain ones that match parts of the 2013 footage.

I believe these are officially released PC shots.
Okay yeah, because here's the game I'll be playing on PS4...

http://imgur.com/a/yuSHa
looks like last gen

cripterion

z17905653V,A-tu-ciekawostka--Pomijajac-kwestie-CGI-silnika-gr.jpg

Yikes...

Character redesign aside this particular shot doesn't look too hot for me. Still waiting for Ultra settings on pc. It's strange that they send the PS4 for review early and still has framerate problems yet they claim they can't send the pc version cause it needs the day one patch...

Impatiently waiting for the 19th...

iq9ggRe.gif

rashbeep

Banned

I will counter that bet :p

But I'm hoping you are right.

RedSwirl

I honestly wouldn't call that last trio of comparison shots a downgrade though. Some people may prefer the sharpened look and the old color palette, but that's totally subjective.

Reallink

? Have you seen last gen lately?

2434703-2843802317-newPS.jpg

Those shots look great. (For PS4 share button shots)

PS4 will be running at full 1080p, in a huge open world with no interior/exterior loading cells, and a very impressive day/night/weather cycle.

1248743196196410030.gif
\

You too scared to post GTAV PS3 shots aren't you?

cripterion

Rewatched the Gameplay trailer (the one with the GTA style presentation) it's no VGX or SOD trailer but if we get that quality come May 19th should be a hell of experience.

Hopefully Nvidia release new drivers this week :D

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
There we have it.

It took 28 pages, but here is the irrefutable proof of a substantial downgrade.

Wonder if they'll change anything for the inevitable enhanced edition.

Well. The downgrade is certainly real in certain areas. But upgrades in others.

Those screens aren't exactly the best comparisons, one being a tiny copy of a PS4 video screencap.

And as I said, PC Ultra should be able to match the 2014 screen easily.

Give me a screen like this, only on Ultra settings, with Hairworks enabled, of Novigrad. And then we will know if the game has seen a huge downgrade in the last year, if any.

wNu8dk1ARPiG.png

Until then, it is still just a bunch of off comparisons.

Really interested to see if NPC fadein/density is an option on PC. Because that seems to be the largest difference by far from that PC14 vs PS4-15 shot.

orochi91

Well. The downgrade is certainly real in certain areas. But upgrades in others.

And as I said, PC Ultra should be able to match the 2014 screen easily.

Give me a screen like this, only on Ultra settings, with Hairworks enabled, of Novigrad. And then we will know if the game has seen a huge downgrade in the last year, if any.

Until then, it is still just a bunch of off comparisons.

Really interested to see if NPC fadein/density is an option on PC. Because that seems to be the largest difference by far from that PC14 vs PS4-15 shot.

Any pics leaked yet of Hairworks + Ultra?

I'm curious to see if it will bridge the gap in visuals to such an extent.

I'm skeptical.

Lol. Like clockwork, we meet again :)

resized_evil-plotting-raccoon-meme-generator-so-we-meet-again-at-last-e0b73b.jpg

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Those of you hung up on the game not meeting its initial visual fidelity are a riot. Do you really think these developers are gimping their own game in an attempt to not give you the best they can? Even if they're technically capable of pushing the boundary further, this is really a non-issue. Downgrades sometimes happens, changes are to be expected, and plans are often altered. We're not talking about Aliens: Colonial Marines here where the final product turned out to be very different and where people were led to believe up until the very last minute that the initial previews still held true. This game seems all but the same barring a few differences. Am I missing why this game and so many others alike fall under intense scrutiny for seemingly harmless things?

rashbeep

Banned
Any pics leaked yet of Hairworks + Ultra?

I'm curious to see if it will bridge the gap in visuals to such an extent.

I'm skeptical.

No real screenshots of those settings yet. Hairworks can be seen in a few videos and it looks amazing.

We won't know what Ultra actually looks like until next week, but I'm not expecting any substantial difference to what we've already seen. I don't expect to reach the 2014 build either.

Denton

new graphics are too dark
sail missing from ship
also ship is on fire (how did this get past qa)
yennefer obvs no longer using pantene pro-v
bug where two geralts show up but one is pretty and has boobs

hahaha

seriously these comparisons are so moronic, this thread is at least good for laughs

cripterion

hahaha

seriously these comparisons are so moronic, this thread is at least good for laughs

Then why the fuck are you even in the thread? Did I claim the screens were downgraded or something? I said it wasn't looking hot.

Plenty of other threads where you can sing praises to the game you know.

raphier

Banned
The bottom is PS4, yeah? Will the PC version at least have greater population density? That's really the only difference between the second two.

look at the bridge and the wood. They're different. Lack of cables on the left, 2015 has lots of spot the difference missing

Ghazi

Final game doesn't look bad, but there is no room for doubt that it was downgraded hard from the 2013. Looks like it's mostly in overall lighting and foliage quality. I guess they just couldn't hit that target.

orochi91

Isn't it preferable to get video footage for Hairworks instead of screens? The fur doesn't look as hot as when in motion.

No real screenshots of those settings yet. Hairworks can be seen in a few videos and it looks amazing.

We won't know what Ultra actually looks like until next week, but I'm not expecting any substantial difference to what we've already seen. I don't expect to reach the 2014 build either.

Is there a specific, recent gameplay video that shows Hairworks in TW3?

I'm looking through Youtube, but the only one I see is that wolf demo from 10 months ago.

Or maybe I shouldn't spoil myself and just wait till next week for the Ultra footage + HW and have my mind (potentially) blown.

Exclusives do that regularly.

+1

Chariot

Or PC gamers who wont fork out for top end rigs instead of using low end CPU/GPU.
PC gaming is about options. In the best case you can have a game from wonderful amazing to butt ugly, but working, depending on your setup. In this case CDPR explictly stated that they made one build for the two consoles and PC, which means that they - some fancy pc exclusive effects liek hairworks aside - had to work with the weakest link. There are examples of games that ran on relatively low hardware, but could be pushed to the max.

rashbeep

Banned
Is there a specific, recent gameplay video that shows Hairworks in TW3?

I'm looking through Youtube, but the only one I see is that wolf demo from 10 months ago.

Or maybe I shouldn't spoil myself and just wait till next week for the Ultra footage + HW and have my mind (potentially) blown.

Jesse Cox's videos are running Hairworks. There was another one in the Youtube Witcher 3 thread in which the user compares the game running with it on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom