• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 07•21-23•17 - Slam Dunk' for Nolan, Apes escape, not rough Girl's Trip, Luc

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Flawed as it is, it is still leagues better than Man of Steel, BvS, and Suicide Squad. Hell, Green Lantern was better than those films.

jMs1MTg.gif

kswiston

I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed of that. That we both have survived so long without tags or multiple bans. Only one ban ever myself. Dunno about you.

Zero bans.

I don't even know how tags work or where they come from. How do you not have an awesome box office related one?!

I think that forum admins have the tag making privileges. Moderators can tag themselves, but I think that's about it. Stump once changed the username, avatar and tag of a Canada basher into our flag and national anthem.

Toa TAK

Banned
Good Christ, I'm surrounded by illiterate imbeciles with dyslexia.

Now I'm fucked by both Thor: The Dark World and Thor: Ragnarok.

At least they can't fuck it up any more with the first.

Fuck Thor movies.

Green Lantern is just mediocre at best, yet unoffensive. That would be a compliment to the shitshows that were BvS and Suicide Squad. I would even put X-Men Origins: Wolverine above BvS and Suicide Squad, and that is even worse than Green Lantern.

Zero bans.
Lucky man. I have said it a few times in here, but had linked a pic to something in a Roger Ebert thread of all places and it changed to goatse. That was a long one month ban. Other than that, my record is clean.

Toa TAK

Banned
AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaanyways,

Atomic Blonde is still sitting pretty at 77% on the 'meter.

It's gonna be fresh. It's going to take the world by storm.

I keep hearing that the John Wick association with Atomic Blonde is sorta/kinda hurting it.

Like, people who go in just thinking "action spy thriller" end up thinking its alright.

People who go in thinking "JOHN WICK-esque, but with a lady spy" leave sorta underwhelmed.

Toa TAK

Banned
Nope. My bribes are getting sent out as we speak.

Why are you set against me this film, BGE?

Don't you know the 'meter is worshiped around here?
I keep hearing that the John Wick association with Atomic Blonde is sorta/kinda hurting it.

Like, people who go in just thinking "action spy thriller" end up thinking its alright.

People who go in thinking "JOHN WICK-esque, but with a lady spy" leave sorta underwhelmed.

That sounds about right. I didn't really have any expectations from it going in.

Maybe we should just strike John Wick from any mention in Atomic Blonde reviews.

I keep feeling like Atomic Blonde has already released. So it's this weekend? Maybe I'll catch it with my girlfriend on Saturday.

this fucking bomb emoji in the title makes me think theres something on my screen every time i open ot gaf

I guess xaosslug should file that knowledge away for future reference.

(the entirety of the Emoji Movie's run will be awful, won't it?)

I have never been banned! I'll never be banned! I RETIRE

That's definitely the best way to go into it. It's not Wick at all.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Green Lantern isn't mediocre or unoffensive. The fucking harm that film did to Green Lantern as a franchise has and will continue to take years to clean up. Fucking wasted the awesome casting of Mark Strong as Sinestro too. Fuck Green Lantern.

Perhaps you missed only the most beautifully bizarre Movie GAF thread in quite a while? Or maybe one of the best tag jokes in ages?

(well, actually both fit that latter description what with Toa and all)

Orochi crafted a Wagner-esque troll symphony in that Ragnarok thread, he really did.

Unfortunately that one guy marked out too hard on the poor shaming thing, and then everything got kinda dark. Then PsychBat started pulling all manner of sweaty, fleshy gifs out from god knows where and between the fissure in reality spewing monsters directly into my head and that poor guy repeatedly rushing mods like the Black Knight, I had to bail.

The best part of the darkness blotting out all reason was K-Swiss finding a burrow atop Mount Doom and just sniping people for like 2 hours straight.

Like an old man. Or Sculli.

That dude's been banned like 50 times since I've been here, and probably another 150 more before that. I remember being brainfuzzled when I found out he was asking for them. Not like, through bad behavior or anything, but that was how I found out posters here could tug on a mod's pantsleg and be like "I can't stop myself from coming here and posting but I need to finish a term paper so can you just ban me for like, 4 weeks or something?"

Like, that was a service being provided by the moderation team. I had no clue.

Still seems bizarre to me.

Kswis continuing to be an unforgiving savage when he wants to be. It should be a warning to us all not to get on his bad side. He will pull some graphs out showing how frequently we post in some random threads or something.

Kswis was pulling off some Ed Harris in Enemy at the Gates shots in that thread.

lfR0N.gif

Besson still has some pull in France apparently. Valerian's opening is much better than I expected, only slightly below the Fifth Element so far. The reviews are okay, most seem to be relatively positive, which is extremely rare for Besson around here.

Second best opening of the year in Paris, between Despicable Me 3 and La La Land. Allociné is projecting 3 million tickets sold when all is said and done, which is more than most superhero movies usually do. Still not gonna be nearly enough for this film to be profitable though. Time for Le Dernier Combat 2.

France knows what's up. The reviews aren't unanimous either, but a lot of them seem to get what most American critics missed, in my opinion. I get the impression there's a bit of a cultural gap here. Valerian feels very European, and a couple of reviews on Allociné actually mention the contrast between Valerian and American blockbusters.

Green Lantern isn't mediocre or unoffensive. The fucking harm that film did to Green Lantern as a franchise has and will continue to take years to clean up. Fucking wasted the awesome casting of Mark Strong as Sinestro too. Fuck Green Lantern.

At least there was a pretty good cartoon from out.

For real, they somehow made the worst iteration of Hal in that movie.

kswiston

I'm surprised nobody came out of that Ragnarok thread with a tag.

The Thor thread handed out a bunch of mega mushrooms and let us go on a rampage for 4-5 hours. After 1200 posts or so, the effects wore off and everything returned to normal. No (full) tags. Almost no bans. Even though I had to see someone's face shoved into a naked man's ass as Japanese gameshow employees caned him or something.

The Thor thread handed out a bunch of mega mushrooms and let us go on a rampage for 4-5 hours. After 1200 posts or so, the effects wore off and everything returned to normal. No (full) tags. Almost no bans. Even though I had to see someone's face shoved into a naked man's ass as Japanese gameshow employees caned him or something.
To think the only person banned was someone railing on other members for "poor shaming".

What a night.

Davide

Can we retroactively just admit Iron Man 2 was rotten to get it over with?
Nope

I remember when I was so disappointed with Iron Man 2 because I had no idea we'd be getting so much Iron Man in other movies too. Now I can look back watch it again and it's fine.

Iron Man 3 should be rotten instead

Oh hey box office GAF what's going on in her...................

I seemed to have missed something

I recapped it pretty cleanly up above, I think :)

I mean, it's no Mandrake, but what is

Nope

I remember when I was so disappointed with Iron Man 2 because I had no idea we'd be getting so much Iron Man in other movies too. Now I can look back watch it again and it's fine.

Drew! No! No, man!

Iron Man 3 is a good movie. Iron Man 2 is confused and messy. But I've also been told that rewatching it NOW, after all the shit it had to shoehorn in to set up the cinematic universe like it did? It plays a little better

Unfortunately it's still got Randy the Ram in it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Nope

You want one of the "best" MCU movies rotten?

Top Bottom