• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd Box Office [OT] 07•30/8•1•10 - Nolan's dream is still alive, Schmucks eat cake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

GoutPatrol said:
Then why does this thread read like you're hating the player (Nolan) and not the game (GAF)?

Because DM didn't like Quantum of Solace, and there has been war between him and Solo ever since.

vooglie

harSon said:
I'm not being ignorant, a screenplay is not always synonymous with its end result, and some of them are more eloquently written than others. An excellent screenplay does not necessarily mean that its film adaptation is going to be equally as impressive, and the exact opposite is true as well.

Have you read Tarantino's screenplays? They're not all that great to be perfectly honest, something that can't be seen by simply watching the film itself.

I get that, but it seems obvious that Jett is referring to the end result and not the written script.

I don't generally read screenplays as I'm more interested in the end result in terms of dialogue and pacing. Though I have to say that just because someone is eloquently written doesn't mean it will transfer well to the screen, even if it was directed by the world's most competent director.

BumRush

So happy that Nolan's getting the love he deserves. Inception was amazing and box office results like this pretty much guarantee he'll have other (non-licensed) projects in the future.

We need some new director to appear and make a movie in 4D that grosses 4 billion dollars and gives everyone multiple orgasms so every thread that involves either Cameron or Nolan doesn't turn into the same people fighting with each other. :lol

DMczaf

CajoleJuice said:
We need some new director to appear and make a movie in 4D

It came out 2 weeks ago
ftDU7.gif

shintoki said:
Not everyone has to love Aliens. Nor is this sudden hate from Avatar. It's a simple thing called "Different opinions":lol

On Avatar. None of the fight scenes will probably be remembered above Inception's Twirling Hallway(Even though I think Avatar's are much better, this one does something unique), but I feel the scenes that will be remembered are the flight ones+destruction of the tree.
It is just the sudden rise of "Aliens sucks!" that has seemed to permeate GAF lately. I know people have differing opinions, so no need to be an ass about it. I was simply pointing out that the sudden surge of the "Aliens sucks" club is kind of shocking, as it was never really that vocal or visible before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom