• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and The Evil Within 2 Steam Pre-Order -50% (CDKeys)

Do you care when corporations and even game developers outsource their work to India/China and pay them wages that are lower than first world wages? Almost every AAA game gets some amount of work outsourced these days to India/China.

Sure the wages they pay are comparable to other jobs in the same sector in that country, but the bottom line is a first world company that is capable of paying first world salary is outsourcing to third world countries and paying them third world wages because they want to exploit the cheaper prices as well. So why is it alright when they don't but when the tables get turned the people doing it become "filth"?

Everyone should benefit from Globalisation. Beside there's the other important factor that despite there being no manufacturing overhead digital games cost the same price because platform holders would rather have their shares become fatter than make the price cheaper for consumers.

There is a reason CD Keys is not banned on GAF, and that's because it's fine.

Just ignore that asshole, s/he's probably a bitter console player, we always have a few like him/her in CDKeys threads.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Just ignore that asshole, s/he's probably a bitter console player, we always have a few like him/her in CDKeys threads.

Remember the scare tactics against CDKEYS people tried to employ when Resident Evil 7 was coming out. They even got some gamers to ask for a refund from CDKEYS before they even knew if the codes worked or not haha.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where do I put my email for the code?

I gather you're seeing something different to this?

cdkeysdiscountcodeappvss59.jpg

dr_rus

Thanks to these guys it will soon be absolutely impossible to get a normal game version with English VO/text here in Russia. Last key I bought from them I had to activate via VPN as even EU/US keys are now region locked - which is an absolute insanity if you think about it because they usually cost twice as much as Russian region RU limited versions.

I still don't understand why Steam / others don't just provide an option of buying a more expensive version from another region. Seems like a no brainer really.

JaseC

I still don't understand why Steam / others don't just provide an option of buying a more expensive version from another region. Seems like a no brainer really.

If you're ever that desperate for a ROW version, have someone gift you a copy in exchange for PayPal Bucks or some such.

Azzanadra

I am looking forward to TEW more... but its also the one with a higher chance of being bad....choices, choices. Wolf is definitely the more "safe" choice here...

dr_rus

If you're ever that desperate for a ROW version, have someone gift you a copy in exchange for PayPal Bucks or some such.

I fully expect gifting from more expensive regions to be cut off soon as well. Also, how do you gift games in Origin, for example?

JaseC

I fully expect gifting from more expensive regions to be cut off soon as well.

That would surprise me. Publishers gain nothing by forcing people in regions such as Eastern Europe to spend less on games than they may otherwise would.

Also, how do you gift games in Origin, for example?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/send-and-receive-gifts-with-origin/ Uplay still lacks a gift system, but Ubi sells its games on Steam, anyway... which, now that I think about it, is probably the reason.

killroy87

NFS Payback is also at a good price. PC would be the version to pick up, if you're able. I assume it will be the only version at 60 fps.

It is. It's the greyest of grey markets.

Put people generally don't have a problem screwing a dev over as long as they can save a buck or two.

A new game is over 90$ after tax here in Canada now. I can't afford that, so a lot of the time it's either I go to cdkeys or I don't play the game.

I like supporting devs and do it whenever possible, but if it's $90 vs $45 the choice is clear.

If they were more competitive with their pricing up here (like 60ish dollars) I'd probably buy direct on steam despite the price difference.

killroy87

A new game is over 90$ after tax here in Canada now. I can't afford that, so a lot of the time it's either I go to cdkeys or I don't play the game.

I like supporting devs and do it whenever possible, but if it's $90 vs $45 the choice is clear.

If they were more competitive with their pricing up here (like 60ish dollars) I'd probably buy direct on steam despite the price difference.

Or wait for a legit sale?

You do you, but don't make it sound like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place and cdkeys is your only option lol.

Thanks for showing us! Pre-ordered TEW2.

Put people generally don't have a problem screwing a dev over as long as they can save a buck or two.

How is that screwing them over? It's not like the copies fell off a truck and someone stole them.

You do you, but don't make it sound like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place and cdkeys is your only option lol.

I mean yeah of course I could wait.

I guess what I'm saying is that maintaining competitive pricing isn't the customer's responsibility. As a customer, I have little reason to wait for a sale (that, at least here in Canada, 99% of the time won't even be as good of a price as this) as a customer.

Not justifying, just disagreeing

mephixto

Banned

Well Bethesda always tries to screw me over here in my country. Not gonna pay $ 73.45 for it on Steam (that's how much it cost if I convert it from my currency)

Even Ubisoft use a fair conversion other publishers even had it lower than the $ price.

But I guess that doesn't matter to you.

kevin1025

Banned
An i5-3570 should be able to run both games, I'm guessing, right? Wolfenstein is super likely, it's Evil Within 2 I'm wondering about requirements-wise.

nOoblet16

Question, how is buying from CD Keys screwing developers over because of the low price but waiting for a sale to buy it at low price different ?

In both case the developers and publishers are getting around the same amount of money which is less than full western price but in once case you get the game at launch and indirectly pay the publisher/developers at launch vs getting it and paying for it a year later. It's not like these cheap copies were made for free, someone somewhere paid the publisher and the developers for its existence in the first place.

Might grab these then

As an aside Bethesda has a very fine collection of franchises with great game output it's really impressive

killroy87

Question, how is buying from CD Keys screwing developers over because of the low price but waiting for a sale to buy it at low price different ?

In both case the developers and publishers are getting around the same amount of money which is less than full western price but in once case you get the game at launch and indirectly pay the publisher/developers at launch vs getting it and paying for it a year later. It's not like these cheap copies were made for free, someone somewhere paid the publisher and the developers for its existence in the first place.

How do you know that?

And to be clear, I'm not morally opposed to CD Keys, I'm just not trying to make excuses about it being super shady.

T.O.P

Banned
Decided to buy both...TEW2 better be a nice upgrade from the first messy game

Less worried about Wolfenstein being a good game for now

~Kinggi~

Banned
Anyone have experience with contacting cdkeys support about sudden price changes? I bought both these games the day or day after they appeared on cdkeys for 38.xx each and literally the next day they drop to 35 and 34. Kind of pisses me off i paid for games 4 months out at the earliest time and got screwed on the price still.

NeoRaider

Anyone have experience with contacting cdkeys support about sudden price changes? I bought both these games the day or day after they appeared on cdkeys for 38.xx each and literally the next day they drop to 35 and 34. Kind of pisses me off i paid for games 4 months out at the earliest time and got screwed on the price still.

Try asking for refund. Then buy them again at reduced price if you are interested.
They offer refunds for pre-orders.

Conflicted between buying for PC and enjoying the smoother framerate or buying for PS4 or Xbox One and enjoying the comfortable lights-off/couch experience for The Evil Within 2. That's a really hard price to ignore.

NeoRaider

Conflicted between buying for PC and enjoying the smoother framerate or buying for PS4 or Xbox One and enjoying the comfortable lights-off/couch experience for The Evil Within 2. That's a really hard price to ignore.

You can have lights off/couch experience on PC too. So PC.

Top Bottom