• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

antitrop

Watching the stream, this game looks like it has "Secret Best Shooter of the Year" potential written all over it.

Incredibly impressed.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, watching proper gameplay footage I'm very confident this will be a superb single player shooter. Not necessarily truly "old school", but still its own thing and faithful to the concept of what people have come to expect from a proper first person shooter that doesn't rely on badly designed chokepoints and enemy fodder to constitute "level design".

After this, anybody who missed it should look into Metro: Last Light too. It has its share of problems but it's a long, very well designed shooter.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
WTF Amazon? My estimated delivery date was changed from Tuesday to Thursday the 22nd.

Mine too. They've dropped the ball lately on release date delivery. Prime is getting less and less attractive.

I want a physical copy so I can eventually gift to family... but that PS+ $53 deal is looking better and better.

Raptor

Yeah, watching proper gameplay footage I'm very confident this will be a superb single player shooter. Not necessarily truly "old school", but still its own thing and faithful to the concept of what people have come to expect from a proper first person shooter that doesn't rely on badly designed chokepoints and enemy fodder to constitute "level design".

After this, anybody who missed it should look into Metro: Last Light too. It has its share of problems but it's a long, very well designed shooter.

Even on 360 it was my favorite FPS since God knows when, incredible game and I will buy it again for PS4.

I'm avoiding all footage so as not to be spoiled, so this news, along with that level map picture, has really made my day.

So hyped for this bad boy.

Any word on differences between the PS4/X1 versions? I want to get it on X1 (prefer the controller for FPS), but will go PS4 if there's any major issues with the X1 version...

Levyne

Banned
Finally some real impressions.

Thanks, perfect Dark.

And that spoiler, haha, awesome.

I want to buy this but I have 1 important question:

Is there a preload available for PS4?

This has been asked a lot. I think the short of it is that no one knows.

zorbsie

Didn't know til I turned it off that devs showed up on that stream. So cool. Been having a blast playing it. I wanted to start a new game on "Death Incarnate" but the perks would have reset so I continued on from where I was. Hopefully I wasn't too awful, I'm always looking for treasures. :)

Dawg

Damnit I forgot about the patch.

Ah well, downloading. Can't share impressions like some other people in this thread but I will try and tackle Über difficulty so I can share some infoz about that on release day.

bidguy

Banned

Ah well, downloading. Can't share impressions like some other people in this thread but I will try and tackle Über difficulty so I can share some infoz about that on release day.

are you buying the digital version ? patch is included if you do. 44.55gb

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Fuck you and your review copy.

Drewfonse

Still normal, will change the difficulty to hard in my second playthrough

Any way that you could provide us with some more in depth performance feedback on the One's version? Smooth frame rate? Any screen tearing? That kind of stuff. Has the game improved for you from a visual standpoint?

I'll assume that you have a nice TV.

Thanks.

Any way that you could provide us with some more in depth performance feedback on the One's version? Smooth frame rate? Any screen tearing? That kind of stuff. Has the game improved for you from a visual standpoint?

I'll assume that you have a nice TV.

Thanks.

Performance is great. Smooth 60 FPS and I didn't notice any screen tearing but I would wait for other impressions to be 100% sure ;)

Good to hear. I've been wanting something like this for a while. Excited to play on ps4 next week.

psychotron

Performance is great. Smooth 60 FPS and I didn't notice any screen tearing but I would wait for other impressions to be 100% sure ;)

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

murgo

Amazon.co.uk has the PS4 version for 40 pounds, which comes out at about 54€. Much cheaper than the 69€ Amazon.de wants and it's uncut :).
You also get the soundtrack if you preorder.

TheGameCollection has a pretty good offer as well, about 50€ with shipping to Germany! Better price, but Amazon ships faster and has the OST.

Theecliff

Banned
You know what, screw it. I've been quite interested in this for a while and after seeing all the hype in this thread and elsewhere I think I'm just gonna go ahead and preorder.

Question: When are reviews coming?

Was it better than Metro 2033. I only played that and loved the atmosphere, but the mechanics weren`t that good (shooting, stealth was broken).

Leb

Was it better than Metro 2033. I only played that and loved the atmosphere, but the mechanics weren`t that good (shooting, stealth was broken).

Mechanics are sound and the stealth is broken in the other direction, i.e., is extremely powerful. Much more polished and consistent experience than 2033, with an atmosphere that almost matches 2033.

DukeBobby

The shooting mechanics are much better. The stealth is no longer broken, but the AI is pretty dumb. You can stand 2 inches in front of them and they won't see you, as long as you're in the dark.

x-Lundz-x

Wait on the next gen redux package though ;). They were great games but played pretty terrible on consoles.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Can't wait for some PC vs PS4 articles, if it looks the same as in those gifs/videos (minus IQ of course) I'm gonna shit myself and go PS4 (my PC Is still on i5 750 so...)

Top Bottom