• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

DieH@rd

Banned
kpcpnr.gif

Smokey

FYI:

At Best Buy if you are a Gamers Club Unlimited member , you get $20 in rewards pre-ordering on top of the 20% you already get off for being a GCU member. So it ends up coming out to $27 for the game. Ends tomorrow.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How is the stealth/action balance attained?

Are there stealth-specific levels, or can you go stealth the whole game?

I really hope it's the former, as people say the gunplay is quite good. However, if the stealth is well done I always feel compelled to go that route.

glaurung

How is the stealth/action balance attained?

Are there stealth-specific levels, or can you go stealth the whole game?

I really hope it's the former, as people say the gunplay is quite good. However, if the stealth is well done I always feel compelled to go that route.
Your choice, really.

There are RPG style character development trees dedicated to different play styles. Stealth, tactical, assault and demolition.

FYI:

At Best Buy if you are a Gamers Club Unlimited member , you get $20 in rewards pre-ordering on top of the 20% you already get off for being a GCU member. So it ends up coming out to $27 for the game. Ends tomorrow.

Yeah I'm jumping on this because of that.

Somewhat interested in the game but this made me get in.

Sothpaw

I wonder how the story handles the atomic bomb. Did Germany discover it before America in this story? Does it not exist at all?

FYI:

You also get a $5 eGift Card now since they ran into manufacturing issues with their original in store preorder bonus. See here.

Seriously a phenomenal deal for a day 1 purchase imo.

Game (the UK one)

Has an offer for £5 off when using the code OCCUPIED, bringing the PC version with all the tat to just under £22. Applies to the console versions too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Level design looks great.

mapl5c68.jpg

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Can someone give a rundown of what each difficulty level does?

I'm getting the impression that some don't have regenerating health? If you pick one of those, do med kits appear in the game?

Holy fucking shit...god...awesome easteregg (Spoiler)
after chapter 3 you can go to sleep (optional). You'll have a nightmare.....and you'll return to retro-wolfenstein

I really wish we could get some PS4/X1 impressions before launch. I pre-ordered on PS4 because I assume it will look better but I'd rather play on X1 (more comfortable for FPS's with their controller)

seph1roth

Well if we take a proper look to that map, it's not more complex than other games like Bioshock or Singularity...and this games are not famous thanks to the level disgn, in fact...the level design of Bioshock for example is very simple, even atrocious if we compare to System Shock.

Is that a part of the map/chapter or is the entire map? if is the second one then the lvl design is ver simple, far away from a good lvl design.

And btw, the day we will see an actual FPS with a great lvl design and a great AI probably Texas would be an independent country.

Top Bottom