• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order "Panzerhund Edition"; $100.00, No game copy.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Who the FUCK thought that was a good idea!? Someone was actually paid money to think of this idea, write it down, and present it to other people, who apparently all said "Yeah, that's a great idea, let's ship this without the actual game"......I don't even.

Ban Puncher

$100 and I don't even get a Mecha-Hitler figurine?

lOxc731.gif

p2535748

Conceptually yeah, it actually sounds pretty good

....the problem is that the contents of this particular LE are highly questionable at the price they're asking for

I completely agree. This is not a good value proposition. I can't really tell if it's worse than other collector's editions because I generally avoid them.

gstaff

Honestly, I think they should include the game, but do what some companies do, just sell it directly from their site.

I can chime in here. There's a couple reasons for why the game isn't included.

1) The Panzerhund Edition is only sold at store.bethsoft.com and It's limited to 5,000 editions worldwide. Logistically we have no way to anticipate which versions people will need (NTSB, PAL, etc.)
2) With many people purchasing the game digitally, we wanted to provide an option to purchase the content without needing to purchase the disc.
3) We knew many folks had already pre-ordered to get into the DOOM beta.

Worth noting, if you already pre-ordered a physical copy of the game already, it includes a steelbook case you can put the game in.

I'm torn here, on the one hand they're plastering "doesn't come with the game" everywhere, on the other hand it still seems a bit sneaky. There's simply no way this isn't going to lead to someone not realizing what they're buying. On the other other hand, CE's are pretty much always overpriced extraneous crap, so you'd think someone would be reading what it comes with before purchasing.

Adam Blue

Would this be worth $150?

I'm probably getting this on PC digitally, so this would be my way to obtain its physical representation. I don't mind it too much really, but $100 may be too much.

Also, my daughter with the Panzerhund.

i2HGr25VVAuBR.jpg

dream

1) The Panzerhund Edition is only sold at store.bethsoft.com and It's limited to 5,000 editions worldwide. Logistically we have no way to anticipate which versions people will need (NTSB, PAL, etc.)
2) With many people purchasing the game digitally, we wanted to provide an option to purchase the content without needing to purchase the disc.

Worth noting, if you already pre-ordered a physical copy of the game already, it includes a steelbook case you can put the game in.

Points 1 and 2 strike me as being at odds with each other. The inclusion of a digital code, as many have pointed out, would obviate the need for a physical disc--as you point out in point #2. If territories are a concern, the small print run of "5000 editions worldwide" should work in your favor by allowing the implementation of some sort of manageable redemption system that provides a code for whichever version the customer requests.

antitrop

I'm torn here, on the one hand they're plastering "doesn't come with the game" everywhere, on the other hand it still seems a bit sneaky. There's simply no way this isn't going to lead to someone not realizing what they're buying. On the other other hand, CE's are pretty much always overpriced extraneous crap, so you'd think someone would be reading what it comes with before purchasing.

On another hand, let's look at how ridiculous it is to ship a video game edition without a video game.

Wozman23

While I have no interest in this package, I do like the idea. If executed better with certain releases, I may bite.

For instance, I would have loved an option for the Rayman Origins CE in the states, but it was exclusive to Europe. $20-40 bundles with art books are always welcome in my eyes.

BadAssShit.gif

Got damn! You just sold me on this game.

So, can you clear this up for the couple people that were trying to claim otherwise. It is pay $60 for the game in stores, pay another $100 for this edition online, for a total of $160?

People seem to be lacking in a basic understanding of logistics. There is as the Bethesda community manager above stated a very real reason why no game is included within the CE.

It's the same as the Dead Space CE or the Forza 5 CE

murgo

Man, the stuff you get is awesome. Love how all the documents are in german. But 100$ and no game? Hell no..

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
well as far as stupid things go this will be hard to top. Hopefully it doesnt become a trend

seriously, R O F L

People seem to be lacking in a basic understanding of logistics. There is as the Bethesda community manager above stated a very real reason why no game is included within the CE.

It's the same as the Dead Space CE or the Forza 5 CE

I think the bigger issue is the value doesnt seem anywhere near 100.....looks more like the $40 value range.

atr0cious

This is gonna be at least alright, but I'm more hopeful about what Starbreeze does with the melee combat. Then maybe they can go back and help Vin finish the new game.

I have a friend who climbed that mountain for the edelweiss flower like SS soldiers, so he's probably copping this collector's edition.

Jito

Banned

1.With only 5,000 copies being sold it doesn't seem like much of a hassle to contact people when they order and ask them which version of the game they'd like with it? Better yet make it part of the online ordering... It's laughable that a giant company such as Bethesda can't ship different platform copies to each of the 5,000.

2. You could just include a code for those that want a digital download?

3. Those people would be sensible enough to cancel their pre orders for the collectors edition (if it included the game)?

These are some terrible justification for trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of fans.

gstaff

Got damn! You just sold me on this game.

So, can you clear this up for the couple people that were trying to claim otherwise. It is pay $60 for the game in stores, pay another $100 for this edition online, for a total of $160?

That's correct. The game and the Panzerhund collection are separate.

Marcel

People seem to be lacking in a basic understanding of logistics.

Nope. Read on!

Points 1 and 2 strike me as being at odds with each other. The inclusion of a digital code, as many have pointed out, would obviate the need for a physical disc--as you point out in point #2. If territories are a concern, the small print run of "5000 editions worldwide" should work in your favor by allowing the implementation of some sort of manageable redemption system that provides a code for whichever version the customer requests.

Is it that they can't do it, or don't want to? We'll have to wait for that Bethesda guy to answer this post I suppose.

Minions

If no game is included the CE should be around $60~ That would make both at MSRP $120 total. (Which is a little high tbh)

That said, It is restricted to 5000 copies so I'm sure that it will sell out regardless.

ITT people who fail at reading press releases properly

You could read one of the other 3 threads currently on gaf about it or look it up on twitter or whatever, and figure out that you pre order the collectors edition, pick up the game, and bethesda will THEN ship you the collectors guff so you dont have to wait for a single gigantic package that might take longer to arrive.

Finally someone with sense!

Hmm... I guess someone needs to learn how to read.

That's correct. The game and the Panzerhund collection are separate.

I like the idea of agnostic special editions, especially since I only buy digital for the most part. However, the pricing just doesn't sit right with me for this one and hope they consider dropping it down a bit. Either way I hope more companies start doing this since it's a great idea.

So either the CE materials were arriving from China too late to pack with a region-specific copy of the game and would therefore cause the CE to miss street date or none of the major retailers wanted to carry it at the price Bethesda wanted.

Looks like a marketing manager somewhere done goofed.

People still care about the Wolfenstein series this much?

Yes. Could ask the same about <insert your favorite game here>

that is retarded.

Insulting and improper use of the word.

Marcel

If no game is included the CE should be around $60~ That would make both at MSRP $120 total. (Which is a little higher tbh)

That said, It is restricted to 5000 copies so I'm sure that it will sell out regardless.

It's $40-50 worth of stuff, maybe. I know you gotta pay the Collector's Edition tax for that Chinese manufactured game branded junk but that mark up without a game to soften the blow is kind of ridiculous.

Top Bottom