• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Goo, Human Resource Machine, Little Inferno hitting Switch in NA this week

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Definitely picking up a 9th copy of World of Goo.

Still one of my favorite games.

yeah I'll get world of goo again. had a blast with it on mac back in the day. and i think i had it on wii.

actually maybe i won't buy this again.

Beartruck

Those are all good games, but they're also all pretty old. Oh well, I guess the Switch is getting Snakepass in a week or so.

Shiggy

World of Goo plays really well with touch controls. Much better than pointer controls. Can fully recommend the Android version.

Little Inferno was rather boring, but think I got it with some Humble Bundle or so.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hard to get excited about games that have been on pretty every device for almost a decade....

How old they are isnt that relevant. If you meant that its hard to get excited about games you have played a decade ago i understand that...but if you still havent played them - what are you waiting for ?

Also World of Goo isnt on any current gen console...you can play the Wii version via WiiU BC - but its not on Vita, 3DS, PS4/One etc. as far as i remember.

Shiggy

How old they are isnt that relevant. If you meant that its hard to get excited about games you have played a decade ago i understand that...but if you still havent played them - what are you waiting for ?

Also World of Goo isnt on any current gen console...you can play the Wii version via WiiU BC - but its not on Vita, 3DS, PS4/One etc. as far as i remember.

It's on Android/iOS, and Switch users always have those around anyway ;)

ramparter

Banned
is world of goo worth getting if never played before???

World of goo holds a special place in my heart, it's a very special experience, it started like a funny original puzzle game but eventually it got me emotionally involved. I'd listen to the soundtrack for a long time after.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's on Android/iOS, and Switch users always have those around anyway ;)

Which is fine as well...this isnt a either or situation.
Though i would assume if someone was interested in playing them on mobile he likely already did.

Tonyx

Do we know the prices? Especially World of Goo is kinda old. Just curious (don't think I will double dip here unless of a very low price).

tuffy

I took a minute to work out how to wake up the Switch with no Joycons attached, so I'm ready to play a lot of World of Goo and Human Resource Machine in pure tablet mode.

Krakatoa

Didn't two of these games release with the Wii U launch? I think I purchased one of them digitally already. They better be cheap, or it will be a pass for me.

C.Mongler

Hmm, I'll probably pick one up as a game is a game at this point in the Switch's library...any recommendations as to which one to get?

Hmm, I probably pick one up as a game is a game at this point in the Switch's library...any recommendations as to which one to get?

If you've not played any of them go with World of Goo.

Switch also has a few other worthwile eShop games such as Snipperclips, FAST RMX, Blaster Master Zero, Shovel Knight, I am Setsuna and a handful of cool Neo Geo ports.

Turrican3

Hmm, I probably pick one up as a game is a game at this point in the Switch's library...any recommendations as to which one to get?
I'd choose World of Goo as well.

If you're (somehow) into programming give Human Resource a try, is quite an interesting twist on the subject.

C.Mongler

Thanks, I'll probably pick up World of Goo. I actually own it and Little Inferno on PC from the early Humble days but never got around to playing either.

I've also already got Snipperclips, FAST RMX, and Metal Slug 3. The first two are very fun, though I don't have a consistent player 2 for the former and I get burnt out on being trash on the latter. Metal Slug is Metal Slug. I've got Shovel Knight on PC and never really got very far, and it's a little pricey, so I'm waiting to see if I'll actually play it before I pick it up again on the Switch. Still got plenty of Zelda to play and I'll have Binding of Isaac on Friday. Blaster Master is also on my 'to get' list, and I want I am Setsuna, but it's a bit too pricey for me right now. Might wait to get an import on the physical version at a similar/lower price as I like cluttering myself with boxes.

Top Bottom