• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
After few hours AFKing in the background while I finished my last exam, I have now picked up all of the following pets:

Gondria
Loque'nahak
Arcturis
Skoll
Ghostcrawler
Karoma
Ban'thalos
Ankha
Magria
Sambas
Terrorpene

Also, Burgy Blackheart's hat!

I guess I could go for the Molten Front spiders or something, but those don't seem all that enticing, really.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's ridiculous how WoW picked up just as I started raging and considered quitting... did a lot of fun content with the guild and now I regret everything I've said. Did Ulduar 25 for the first time (and hard-mode, at that), getting my iron proto-drake on one run, tons of achievements (lol...) and some legendary artifacts (we'll try and reach the legendary weapon for me).

Fun :3

demented

You're lucky, I got bored out of my mind after 3 weeks, got 6 days left on sub now and not playing at all, done until MoP or later.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So how many more months of endless void of nothingness before MoP is released? Was the Cata beta any later than this? Or do we still have another 7 months to go?

At least with wotlk they gated out the last raid, this is just dumb.

TheYanger

So how many more months of endless void of nothingness before MoP is released? Was the Cata beta any later than this? Or do we still have another 7 months to go?

At least with wotlk they gated out the last raid, this is just dumb.

This isn't any different than wotlk so far...I don't really expect a Halion, but Halion was a small scrap for how long ICC was out. Good fight but it was one boss during a nearly full year of ICC otherwise. We're not NEARLY that long into Dragonsoul yet ;/ That being said, the beta is moving quickly, honestly usually their alphas and betas are pretty fast once they're at the point mists is at now. Alpha for Cata started just before Halion was released, and Cata was on shelves like 6 months later. Mists has already been in about that state for like two months. I fully expect an end of summer release personally.

Halion trash was fucking difficult. The mini-bosses were pretty challenging/entertaining too. I've never actually fully killed Halion though, having only attempted in PUGs or semi-organized guild groups (read: not raiding it 2-3 nights a week). Gotten pretty close on Stage 3, but no cigar.

It's sort of unusually frustrating though in how one group will have it more difficult than the other (inside the shadow realm). It's a tough fight to learn for that reason. Toughest on healers out of everyone apparently.

It's sort of agonizing being the tank on the outside, hoping other people don't fail, not being able to see how well they're doing. I did tank on the inside some attempts though.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I really wish they'd fix that quest in MoP so I can progress through the story line. I can't wait 5 hours in a line for a quest.
In case you don't know what I'm talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/JMqMs.jpg
JMqMsl.jpg

That was taken at around 3 am in the morning.

Gvaz

Banned
After few hours AFKing in the background while I finished my last exam, I have now picked up all of the following pets:

Gondria
Loque'nahak
Arcturis
Skoll
Ghostcrawler
Karoma
Ban'thalos
Ankha
Magria
Sambas
Terrorpene

I guess I could go for the Molten Front spiders or something, but those don't seem all that enticing, really.
What, how did you get these afking

I really wish they'd fix that quest in MoP so I can progress through the story line. I can't wait 5 hours in a line for a quest.
In case you don't know what I'm talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/JMqMs.jpg
JMqMsl.jpg

That was taken at around 3 am in the morning.

Yeah, some of these bottleneck quests are pretty bad. It took me forever to get through Wet Work, with the 8 or so minute respawn on the water globules. I haven't picked up the balancing one yet. Hopefully these couple of quests are fixed/changed.

So far, MoP seems interesting. It took me a while to figure out why I couldn't use portals, though. Had to look that up - thought I was bugged out.

But, man, going back to the stock ui is gonna take some getting used to.

TheYanger

Halion trash was fucking difficult. The mini-bosses were pretty challenging/entertaining too. I've never actually fully killed Halion though, having only attempted in PUGs or semi-organized guild groups (read: not raiding it 2-3 nights a week). Gotten pretty close on Stage 3, but no cigar.

It's sort of unusually frustrating though in how one group will have it more difficult than the other (inside the shadow realm). It's a tough fight to learn for that reason. Toughest on healers out of everyone apparently.

It's sort of agonizing being the tank on the outside, hoping other people don't fail, not being able to see how well they're doing. I did tank on the inside some attempts though.

Oh Halion was a GREAT fight, I just mean it's not like it was some beacon of relief. Sunwell was, it released in the same sort of position (A year of BT, sunwell came out just shortly before the xpac as 'filler' although it had been in progress for ages, just like halion), and it was vastly more content to bite off than Halion (plus most guilds hadn't exhausted the content available to them since we didn't have the content shuffling we have now which shortens its life, but whatever).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Oh Halion was a GREAT fight, I just mean it's not like it was some beacon of relief. Sunwell was, it released in the same sort of position (A year of BT, sunwell came out just shortly before the xpac as 'filler' although it had been in progress for ages, just like halion), and it was vastly more content to bite off than Halion (plus most guilds hadn't exhausted the content available to them since we didn't have the content shuffling we have now which shortens its life, but whatever).

They seriously need to plan better. A full year of nothing is unacceptable.

edit: and I don't mean in the entitled "buuh blizzard you owe me patches!" kind of way. I mean I'm just gonna not play until MoP comes out. BC seemed messy at the time, but in hindsight it had stuff to do all the way up till WotLK, even the pre-patch event was way more awesome than the Cata one.

Ultratech

Gondria
Loque'nahak
Arcturis
Skoll
Ghostcrawler
Karoma
Ban'thalos
Ankha
Magria
Sambas
Terrorpene

Heh, I think I've seen or gotten most of what's on that list. NPCscan is pretty useful except when it targets something and I can't quite detect where it is (it's happened a few times).

The spiders are alright, but some are pretty tricky to get. I got Solix this past week, and it was pretty easy since you just kite it until it's low enough on energy then attempt to tame. The others I haven't tried.

Went and got the The Kurken which was pretty cool. It's nice having mini-Omen for a pet. Really wanna get Chromaggus, but it could be tricky.

Too bad my stable's almost full...

Whooter

Really wanna get Chromaggus, but it could be tricky.

My hunter has Chromaggus. It was pretty easy, once we figured out that I was the only person that could be in the room for the taming. Just leave the rest of your party outside and Tame Beast. No tricks necessary.

TheYanger

They seriously need to plan better. A full year of nothing is unacceptable.

edit: and I don't mean in the entitled "buuh blizzard you owe me patches!" kind of way. I mean I'm just gonna not play until MoP comes out. BC seemed messy at the time, but in hindsight it had stuff to do all the way up till WotLK, even the pre-patch event was way more awesome than the Cata one.

It's one of the reasons I don't understand why they ever went with the 'new patches completely invalidate old raids' model. BC, the highest end guilds were in BT for a YEAR, but your average raider had content the entire expansion and it was great. Instead now everyone gets the boredom of 6 months farming zones.

Rokam

Is there a GAF guild in Mal'Ganis?

Nope, quite a few in raiding guilds, others spread out in various guilds. Most of my characters are just in the many zerg guilds for the perks. My recommendation if you join one of these guilds is turn off guildchat or your head will explode.

Cipherr

They're great in 3s now, which is the only bracket that matters.

Heh, yeah, Hunters are doing great in PvP.....

They've pretty much been on the bottom of the totempole as far as pvp goes this entire expansion correct? I remember some numbers being released and hunters win % being the lowest.

Yep, near the bottom, occasionally a spot or two up from it, but the most consistent towards the bottom of nearly all classes.

Audioboxer

Was considering rolling a priest on a fresh server to try healing for the first time. However in case I find it too stressful or not to my taste I think I'll be better of rolling a Paladin/Druid or Shaman - Although I think I'll leave the Shaman till MoP, as I really want to be a Shaman Panda :p

Think going Paladin or Druid will be good for versatility, if I don't enjoy healing I'll go a tank - Had very little tanking experience also, always been DPS.

As posted earlier I'm going to level up slowly, do and read quests and take two gathering professions to do along the way. I think this play style may favour a Druid more, as they seem good solo levellers and travellers (faster movement).

Any opinions on healing/tanking difficulties between a Druid and Paladin? Oh yeah, I'd also like to try some PVP/BGs for the first time ever really as well - Mostly played on PVE servers and/or avoided PVP for all my WoW years.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm enjoying Pally healing thus far as I level. The decent amount of instant casts lets you line up a good amount of burst if needed.

Audioboxer

I'm enjoying Pally healing thus far as I level. The decent amount of instant casts lets you line up a good amount of burst if needed.

Yeah I think going Prot/Holy whilst levelling (Prot to 30) and occasionally queuing an instance for tank/heal to break things up sounds good.

That way I get to learn both tanking & healing on my way to 85.

witness

And I've finally downed a expansion boss. God bless the LFR system otherwise I would have never seen this most likely. I ended up winning my helm token and the 2 hander off DW for my Death Knight. I really enjoyed the raid and the cinematics, by far better than any raiding I did during BC and WotLK.

idlewild_

Yea this is a problem. The thing that scares me most is losing the double focus back from steady/cobra.

no refund on dodged shots is going to be terrible (and steady/cobra being dodgeable is doubly so). rogues/ferals/probably monks are just going to laugh as every hunter focus starves themselves trying to do anything.

Gamble

Is there anyone who would be willing to send me a scroll of resurrection I promise to name my next first unborn child after them if they do :)

Top Bottom