• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst game-breaking bug you've personally experienced?

Firebrand

Skyrim had a couple of ugly ones.

First I had this one guy from a guild in Whiterun chasing me all across the world to lock me in dialog repeatedly. Turned out to be related to a bounty in another region, hah.

After taking a long break from the game I decided to go back and finish it and some sidequests. I endured the mind-numbingly boring civil war questline, taking all these keeps, only to have the final "bosses" of the questline be NPC-tagged and invulnerable.

Saucy_XL

Banned
(Atlesst I think it was a bug) In the original Planetside, my character would never actually enter the H.E.A.R.T shuttle. Instead it would place my character on top on the outside with no way to get in. Pretty sure it was supposed to put you inside once you walked through the teleporting doors. So I'd just fall off once the shuttle got high and fast enough. Tried reinstalling, making new characters.

It's really not too relevant to gameplay, but profile corruption on LittleBigPlanet 3 is the worst thing ever. It makes the process of creation a tensile state of pre-emptively assuming you're possibly going to lose all your work at least every half hour... and alternatively have to 100% the entire game and DLC again, if things go particularly awry with your various back ups. For creators it's worse than anything is.

nampad

Bundesligamanager 95, I could not even install it several times. And the few times it did install, it crashed right at the start.

Pandy

Well, me and everyone else who bought Space Station Silicon Valley couldn't 100% it. Impossible without modifying memory contents somehow. Also, RIP DMA Design.

So much time spent jumping around that room trying to figure out what I was missing.
Great game otherwise though. Really wish that had been patched and made it to VC along with Body Harvest.

Worst I've personally experienced was probably Dead Rising on 360.
Not sure how common a bug it was, but when I played it had a very high probability (something like 5-10%) to crash when loading a new area. Combined with the games save system, it rendered it completely unfinishable for me. Managed to make it a few hours in a few times.

Top Bottom