• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow EB just really stuck it to the PSP

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
cvxfreak said:
I personally prefer to use my bright lit SP or the micro for GBA games. I don't think the poster above was trying to insinuate that someone keep the SP and not get a DS.
Perhaps...perhaps...

I suppose I assumed as much because I use my DS on the train everyday. If I had to carry around 2 systems (or pick and choose), it'd be pretty lame. I rarely play portable games around the house, minus some Wi-Fi action.

(nice avatar update btw :D )

arcader

Banned
RubxQub said:
Perhaps...perhaps...

I suppose I assumed as much because I use my DS on the train everyday. If I had to carry around 2 systems (or pick and choose), it'd be pretty lame. I rarely play portable games around the house, minus some Wi-Fi action.

(nice avatar update btw :D )

Well yeah - for travel I would only take the DS Lite with me for both DS and GBA game playin.

When at home tho - and I wanna play GBA or a GNC link game why not use the GBA SP? Besides the battery lasts like a month on one charge ;) and wont wear down my DS battery for when im not at home.

arcader said:
umm im suggesting he keep the GBA-SP AND get the DS-lite.

Its better to have both - not trade the GBASP for the DSLite.

The point was kind of that I don't really have the desire to get a DSlite if I'm paying full price for it. Being able to get 40 bucks off with an SP trade-in was the whole incentive for me to consider getting one in the first place.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Gexecuter said:
OMG!!!, ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!,JUST LIKE 9-11 AND THE YETI AMIRITE?

No, not at all. But back in the hay day, when I worked at EB we used to get emails from corporate telling us that 'Smarch is going to be Nintendo month. Nintendo will be our vendor of the month. We'll be running so and so promos." You have to pay EB in order to be a publicized vendor. Now it's a little different, they don't have VOM anymore. Companies do pay EB to be put in the spotlight (promo deals, posters, cardboards, decor, etc.). And I have a friend in corporate EB that has told me the very same thing I'm telling you.

I'm not taking away the hilarity of this, because it's actually funnier if Nintendo is behind it.

Jokeropia

arcader said:
As no doubt the PSP will have more longevity due to its greater technical limitations and will be as hot as the PSOne around year 5-6.
Err, longevity is caused by popularity, not technology. That's why the original Gameboy lasted longer than the Game Gear and the PS2 lasted longer than Gamecube and Xbox.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Jokeropia said:
Err, longevity is caused by popularity, not technology. That's why the original Gameboy lasted longer than the Game Gear and the PS2 lasted longer than Gamecube and Xbox.

It's the library of games, which the DS has a much better one.

Fady K

Woah. What happened here? Sucks for the PSP, i wish it got more credit than this. Oh well.

Cant really say im happy about this thread with a good bud being perma-banned and as Matix said, more fire to the PSP flame.

Im getting Ratchet and Clank Size Matters and Monster Kingdom this weekend, and im having a blast playing Lenneth and MGS: PO, in other words, im definitely enjoying my PSP.

Kreed

vantastic said:
once again gaf makes a big deal out of nothing

deleteil3.jpg

Beezy

Fady K said:
Woah. What happened here? Sucks for the PSP, i wish it got more credit than this. Oh well.

Cant really say im happy about this thread with a good bud being perma-banned and as Matix said, more fire to the PSP flame.

Im getting Ratchet and Clank Size Matters and Monster Kingdom this weekend, and im having a blast playing Lenneth and MGS: PO, in other words, im definitely enjoying my PSP.

The other half arrives.

reminder

I have 14 games for my PSP compared to 12 for my DS. I have both systems since their european launch (DS = march 05, PSP = september 05). I never regretted a purchase of a PSP game. On the DS i regret the purchase of 3 games.

I enjoy my PSP much more than my DS. I play games on it, watch Simpsons, use the browser etc. every day. My DS on the other hand is gathering dust since a month now. Until Christmas it gathered dust since april or so.

If this is the future, then i'm very happy to live in the past. :)

Adam Blade said:
:(

I'm really not part of the Konex crew. Srsly.

Pop Quiz, hotshot:

Xenosaga is:

a) the junkiest junk that ever junked
b) badly written story but still fun
c) an inoffensive RPG from Namco that has some good ideas and some major flaws
d) the greatest story written since the Renaissance

Segata Sanshiro said:
Pop Quiz, hotshot:

Xenosaga is:

I wouldn't know. Never played the game, nor do I have any desire to. :(

SS4Rob

Wow, my productivity went down the drain thanks to this thread. I can't imagine what could be in the Peter Moore thread...

My fave post is the embedded :lol 's.

:lol

Fady K

Adam Blade said:
:(

I'm really not part of the Konex crew. Srsly.

I feel you man, i feel you :D

Segata Sanshiro said:
Pop Quiz, hotshot:

Xenosaga is:

Ill choose D. FOR LIFE :D

Segata Sanshiro said:
Pop Quiz, hotshot:

Xenosaga is:

the Renaissance didnt even have terribly good "stories".. thats not even what the Renaissance is known for

spoken like a true Xenosaga fan -_-

meltpotato said:
the Renaissance didnt even have terribly good "stories".. thats not even what the Renaissance is known for

spoken like a true Xenosaga fan -_-

I! BUT HE! IT WAS! Damnit, I hate Xeno with the fury of a thousand suns! I was merely administering a test, which I have dubbed the Konex test. Adam Blade has failed, making him truly a failed Konex cloning experiment.

Man. Talk about backfire. I'm gonna go spank it to NiGHTs for a while now. ; ;

S-Wind

The EB nearest to me replaced the ad with an ad for the trade in you GC/Xbox/PS2 and get $100 off a Wii/360/PS3.

HOWEVER they had plenty of promotional booklets featuring sales, promos, trade-in deals, etc. Sixteen pages worth.

Look at what's on page 10:

CIMG1117.jpg

Here's a closer shot (not that my shitty photo skills make it any better):

CIMG1119.jpg

Hopefully this will satisfy the skeptics. I can scan it as well, but then that won't be until I get home around midnight.

Even though the ad may not be up, the trade in the PSP for $100 towards a DSL IS still on, of course.

BTW: For all you Lower Mainland NeoGaffers, the Future shop at Metrotown is selling Nintendo brand Wii Component Cables for $39.99 and they have Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/ the Bongos for $19.99

arcader

Banned
S-Wind said:
The EB nearest to me replaced the ad with an ad for the trade in you GC/Xbox/PS2 and get $100 off a Wii/360/PS3.

HOWEVER they had plenty of promotional booklets featuring sales, promos, trade-in deals, etc. Sixteen pages worth.

Look at what's on page 10:

CIMG1117.jpg

Here's a closer shot (not that my shitty photo skills make it any better):

CIMG1119.jpg

Hopefully this will satisfy the skeptics. I can scan it as well, but then that won't be until I get home around midnight.

LOL - I cant believe you bothered....

And reallt NDS and PSP bot hhave brill libraries...

My DS library
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=abrader&mode=edit&grp1=653161&objt=1
(I need the Kirby games - NES Kirby on Wii VC has made me a believer)

My PSP library - look at this handheld love;
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=abrader&mode=edit&grp1=567173&objt=1

arcader said:
LOL - I cant believe you bothered....

And reallt NDS and PSP bot hhave brill libraries...

My DS library

My PSP library - look at this handheld love;
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=abrader&mode=edit&grp1=567173&objt=1

I was about to mock you for making such an obvious statement (of course they both have great libraries), but then I see you've posted links to uh...your collection. And I have to be honest, I don't have the heart for it now.

edit: you need Phoenix Wright and Elite Beat Agents and god almighty why do you own Tenchu

arcader

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
edit: you need Phoenix Wright and Elite Beat Agents and god almighty why do you own Tenchu

I havent stumbled upon P-Wright yet.

I tried Elite Beat Agents onb my friends DS and didnt fancy it much.

I have had much fun with Tenchu DS - trap combos are great...

I am also a huge FROM SOFTWARE fan and like to give their stuff a try as they have never let me down (Kings Field II locked me in for good)

arcader said:
I havent stumbled upon P-Wright yet.

I tried Elite Beat Agents onb my friends DS and didnt fancy it much.

I have had much fun with Tenchu DS - trap combos are great...

I am also a huge FROM SOFTWARE fan and like to give their stuff a try as they have never let me down (Kings Field II locked me in for good)

Fair enough, then. Make the effort to find PW, at least if you like adventure games. It's a nice change of pace and somewhat ironically feels like the very model of a DS game to me.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Pop Quiz, hotshot:

Xenosaga is:

I'll go with C.

But yeah anyway. I traded in my DS Lite for my PSP and I have really been enjoying it. I just don't think the DS had the games I wanted to play.

Jiggy

arcader said:
My DS library
All I can say is, do it now--get Kirby Squeak Squad, I mean. Because if Kirby Super Star shows up on VC any time soon and you buy that, which you should, every other Kirby game you play following--even the really good ones, which are the ones on GBA and DS--will be just a little bit more of a letdown than they would have been otherwise.

Top Bottom