• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow EB just really stuck it to the PSP

Grayman

Wow. I think it would be funny if Sony went back to attack ads like with crash bandicoot and Nintendo. All we need is a picture of Scarface with a PSP mounted under his assault rifle: THEY WANT A WAR! I'LL GIVE THEM A WAR! I BURY THESE COCKROACHES!
dskillzhtown said:
Wow, I wonder how Sony feels about that. I need a crazy Sony quote about this, lol.
Ebgames has such strong confidence in the psp that they are gathering all the units possible for a rush in demand after a big announcement.

S-Wind

Mejilan said:
Is that real!?

Cooooold!

Bitter tears!

Etc.
jetjevons said:
Is that ad really real?

If so = WTF?!?!?!
Branduil said:
I can't believe this is real.
Musashi Wins! said:
This has to be a photoshop...
Lost Fragment said:
Where'd you get this, OP? And what tells us this isn't shopped.

Because...wow, I can't beleive this is real.
Vilix said:
In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure the ad/promo is fake.

It IS real.

It IS NOT a photoshop.

I have seen that ad in person at all the EBs in my area.

lessthanthree said:
So any proof this is real yet?
perryfarrell said:
Absolutemently not true, Sony wouldn't allow it
typhonsentra said:
Is that really an EB Games ad? Did you take that shot yourself or did you get it from another forum?
coldvein said:
That ad looks so 80's... and fake?
lynux3 said:
Is this real? Can anyone confirm? :lol

OK, since so many of you have trouble believing this (JEEZUS KRIST! I thought Firestorm's post #283 would have sufficed) I'll go to EB tomorrow with my digital camera to take a picture of the [LARGE] ad in question.

I'll even hold up a personalized message in front of the ad....

EDIT: typo

Pud

Banned
Grayman said:
Ebgames has such strong confidence in the psp that they are gathering all the units possible for a rush in demand after a big announcement.

bargain_bin350.jpg

xfactor

Banned
Well at least the PSP is positioned in the middle while the DS phat and GBA SP are shifted to the sides in that ads :)

xfactor

Banned
which means at least EB games is putting the focus of PSP over the old DS and GBA SP, so that's quite of a consolation to the PSP fanboys :D

ToxicAdam

I hate to be Mr. Conspiracy Theorist. But the PSP looks like a perfect location for where a GB Micro would be instead.

I would love to be proven wrong .. because it would be one of the most hilarious ads ever.

They should only give you $88 for the PSP and when you trade up for the DS Lite you should get a copy of the Back to The Future trilogy on UMD.

sphinx

the piano man
Linkup said:
I sit here for like 5 minutes wondering what was so funny, then I saw reggie.

I thought it was funny you laughed at a :lol smiley. I actually laughed in front of my PC.

reggie there is funny as hell, too.

S-Wind

BlindN-Fan said:
Is it wrong that I don't find this funny?

Nah, I think it perfectly normal.

I am stupified at the passionate responses. I've been seeing this ad at my local EBs for days now and I thought nothing of it. I already have 1 DS and 2 DS Lites and I plan on getting a PSP before the end of the month.

I NEVER thought this promotion was a big deal at all.

Go figure.

I'll try to have the photo up by 5 PM Pacific Time.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
BlindN-Fan said:
Is it wrong that I don't find this funny?
I understand if you don't find the ad itself funny but if you don't find some of the reactions to be hilarious it is quite obvious you've had a humorectomy.

S-Wind

Jive Turkey said:
I understand if you don't find the ad itself funny but if you don't find some of the reactions to be hilarious it is quite obvious you've had a humorectomy.

Agreed.

Mana Knight's reaction was priceless.

I don't understand why he got banned, though.

EDIT: DOH! Mana KNIGHT, not Mana Byte!

Lobster

Banned
Jive Turkey said:

Sign me up for a de-humorectomy...

basis

actually if the CA folks have seen this in EB:CA for sometime as some of the CA members have verified, why hasn't it been reported earlier? only just the last 24hrs? not trying to derail the awesomeness of this thread but it just isn't like GAFers to be late.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I hate to be the bearer of bad news in this thread...but I hope you guys know that Nintendo may very well be responsible for this promotion, and not EB. It's funny either way, but I'm just saying.

S-Wind said:
OK, since so many of you have trouble believing this (JEEZUS KRIST! I thought Firestorm's post #283 would have sufficed) I'll go to EB tomorrow with my digital camera to take a picture of the [LARGE] ad in question.

I'll even hold up a personalized message in front of the ad....

EDIT: typo
Considering my post came hours before the post in question, I don't see why you're getting so annoyed.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I really hope Sony reps don't read this board.........

yeah right they must have an immunity to this stuff by now.

basis said:
actually if the CA folks have seen this in EB:CA for sometime as some of the CA members have verified, why hasn't it been reported earlier? only just the last 24hrs? not trying to derail the awesomeness of this thread but it just isn't like GAFers to be late.

Someone hit it on the head a few posts up from yours. Nobody thought this was a big deal. EB does this stuff all the time, and this isn't even the first time they've run this promotion. Not every GAFer goes looking for conspiracies against their chosen company every time they're out for their morning constitutional.

Though, it appears at least some do. :lol

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
AlphaSnake said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news in this thread...but I hope you guys know that Nintendo may very well be responsible for this promotion, and not EB. It's funny either way, but I'm just saying.

OMG!!!, ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!,JUST LIKE 9-11 AND THE YETI AMIRITE?

Top Bottom