• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow EB just really stuck it to the PSP

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ebgamesflyerfunny2.jpg

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Eteric Rice said:
Well I'd hope not. If you did, I'd have to dub you some kind of superhero or something. Because that is like, super fanboyism...

I'd call you Super Fanboy. You'd have gotten your powers when Nintendo killed the PSP, and you're out for revenge. Like Batman, or something.

Damn, I need to call DC Comics with this shit.

I'm kidding. :)

hahaha your avatar is awesome btw

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Oh.....my.....god. This is like the best thread I've read in a while. And not even cause of the topic, but cause of Mana Knight. I'm suffocating here. :lol

I'm gonna follow Mana Knight everywhere from now on.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
EB likes to resell crap, why is it so hard to believe this ad? They want to make money on reselling a psp, along with selling a DS Lite, since they are selling like hotcakes.

KINGMOKU

I still havnt picked up a DSlite, or NSMB. I will eventually I guess.

I kinda like my DSphat though. Has some heft to it. I can use that sucker as a weapon.

I should stick a tether on it, and start using it as some sort of mace against stupid people at gamestores.

See em at the counter buying a used/new game from Gamestop, and THWACK! Right to the head. That'll stop em dead in thier tracks. Would be awesome.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
moku said:
See em at the counter buying a used/new game from Gamestop, and THWACK! Right to the head. That'll stop em dead in thier tracks. Would be awesome.

And your DS would still work fine after!

jko

Demigod Mac said:
I'm keeping my brick DS.

DS Lite = D-pad downgrade total.
same here, if they hadn't messed with the DS Lite D-pad, that little thing would be the perfect system.

Eteric Rice

TheGreatDave said:
Really? I can't stand the D-Pad on the DS Fat by comparison.

You don't notice it until you have a game that REALLY needs you to be accurate. Final Fantasy VI is a good example. When I try to use a Blitz, OMG... I've actually threatened a friend of mine while playing it.

MoxManiac

jko said:
same here, if they hadn't messed with the DS Lite D-pad, that little thing would be the perfect system.

I'm kinda shocked by this. The screen difference in a DS phat vs Lite is incredible. like it's not even the same system the difference is so pronounced

Eteric Rice said:
You don't notice it until you have a game that REALLY needs you to be accurate. Final Fantasy VI is a good example. When I try to use a Blitz, OMG... I've actually threatened a friend of mine while playing it.

The only game I can say I noticed much of a difference one way or another was Mario Kart DS - I love that thing on the DS Lite.

jko

MoxManiac said:
I'm kinda shocked by this. The screen difference in a DS phat vs Lite is incredible. like it's not even the same system the difference is so pronounced
i hear you, while true, the d-pad isn't the most responsive with diagonals...and when you are playing an action intensive game, you'd want that.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I was wondering why Mana Knight didn't respond in a while, and then I realized he got banned. :/

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Eteric Rice said:

No problems doing Blitzes, or playing the GBA Street Fighter games on my DSL.

MoxManiac

Just a note on blitzs on a DSlite. I had a very hard time doing phantom rush on it, until i realized i was accidently pressing L shoulder with one of my fingers during the motion. Once I started making sure i wasn't touching that button during the motion I haven't missed a blitz since.

Z3F

Banned
jko said:

Guess you'll have to wait for the DS lite SP or maybe the DS lite Micro after it.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Hmm, I've got an old GBA SP I haven't used since getting the revised SP and my present blue DS Heavy. I may take them up on this. I can do $30 for a Lite.

I just joined the party....what did I miss?

wait let me guess....a huge, pointless debate which really boils down to DS vs PSP, how sony is or isn't screwed, with a little taste of sales here and there?

Zeed

Banned
underfooter said:
I just joined the party....what did I miss?

wait let me guess....a huge, pointless debate which really boils down to DS vs PSP, how sony is or isn't screwed, with a little taste of sales here and there?
No. You missed Mana Knight's legendary postings, and quite possibly the best thread ever
in the past few weeks anyway

Pud

Banned
renvi said:
Is there no one else can be as retarted as EB.

I... no, I can't do it. I'm just not as mean as someone like drohne or amir0x :lol
edit: nevermind, I've been beaten to the punch!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
renvi said:

renvi said:

renvi said:
Is there no one else can be as retarted as EB-> . <-

Length: 1 sentence

Errors: 3

Irony factor: High

Post Rating: 8.8

Lo-Volt

Scenester said:
Gaf got really good in the past week or so. Havent been posting here much lately be Im back now after all of this shyt

Indeed. Between this and the Peter Moore mother****ing extravaganza, there's never been better times on GAF for hilarity.

Fusebox

Banned
Damn funny ad all things considering.

Dont get me wrong, I loves me DS and PSP equally but whenever I think of the DS I think of Super Mario and Mario Kart and Advance Wars and a stack of other old SNES games and the PSP I think of Loco Roco and Liberation and other new titles.

So yes, EB suck.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Mana Knight said:
Looking at that ad makes me want to never shop at EB again, even if they are my only choice. I personally think the PSP is way better than the DS.
No, Sony has been giving PSP pretty good support. Not the support PS3 will be getting and what PS2 got, but still pretty good. PSP is definitely the most amazing handheld ever.

I'm reporting this to SCEA asap.
Grow up. Sony doesn't care about you... why should you care about them?

You're pathetic.

Top Bottom