• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow EB just really stuck it to the PSP

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
mj1108 said:
But at least you can touch the wasteland.
Let him be. His world is shattering around him. It is just our place to sit back and laugh.

Snaku

Banned
24bail2.gif

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Oh man, I laughed so hard that people in the other cubicles were IMing me asking me what was up...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Goldrusher said:

I'm pretty sure the PSP version handily outsold the DS version.

People don't buy DS's for Ridge Racer :p

Anyway, too bad stores don't do tradeins here. I have a second PSP and a DS phat to sell off.

theBishop

Banned
Tempy said:

Anyway, too bad stores don't do tradeins here. I have a second PSP and a DS phat to sell off.

Killzone 3 DS

confirmed.

If it is real, that's quite clever by EB. The DS bubble is going to burst soon, so they're trying to offload as many as they can, and get as many PSPs as possible, so when the DS does fail, they have large stocks of used PSPs they can sell for massive damage er.... profit.

Remember, they don't want you happy. They want your money. If that means scamming you out of superior hardware under the pretence that what you are getting back is better, then so be it.

:lol

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony announce two new PSP skus at GDC or sometime very soon:

"PSP": The current PSP with a major price drop
"PSP 2": The current PSP with built in storage and connection to Sony's PSN to download games (Both normal PSP games and "arcade" style games).

Juice

Wow, I haven't traded anything in for years, and I'm tempted to ditch my PSP toward a Lite. My dad is killing for a decent Sudoku machine (DS + Brain Age), and I've been craving the Lite's goodness for a while. I don't see why not to, since I haven't turned my PSP on in 6 months (and that was only to test to make sure the battery hadn't drained in the 9 previous months of disuse).

CountZeroInt said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony announce two new PSP skus at GDC or sometime very soon:

"PSP": The current PSP with a major price drop
"PSP 2": The current PSP with built in storage and connection to Sony's PSN to download games (Both normal PSP games and "arcade" style games).

How would a "PSP2" fix what appears to be the biggest concern with the PSP - shitty software sales?

Dracos

If it is real, that's quite clever by EB. The DS bubble is going to burst soon, so they're trying to offload as many as they can, and get as many PSPs as possible, so when the DS does fail, they have large stocks of used PSPs they can sell for massive damage er.... profit.

Remember, they don't want you happy. They want your money. If that means scamming you out of superior hardware under the pretence that what you are getting back is better, then so be it.

Holy crap, who wrote this? :lol

FoxSpirit

Tempy said:

I'll gladly buy your olde PSP.

sphinx

the piano man
that's the most humilliating blow a Playstation branded product has ever had to endure.

I think this add will be photoshopped, rehosted and brought into discussions for the years to come. I suppose this is what GCN owners around 2003 felt.

really,

ouch...

Slippers

RevenantKioku said:
I must have worked in retail too long. :lol
I just don't understand how one couldn't get that it is obviously referring to the one being bought. *sigh*
When I read it, I thought it meant if you bought a second-hand PSP from EB you couldn't turn around and trade it in for $100. You could only trade a PSP in for $100 if it was one you bought new.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Slippers said:
When I read it, I thought it meant if you bought a second-hand PSP from EB you couldn't turn around and trade it in for $100. You could only trade a PSP in for $100 if it was one you bought new.
Shit, that'd even be better for them considering what they make off of the used systems.
It's saying you can't buy a used DSL, which makes sense 'cause they don't want you using that much credit to their money makers.

Eteric Rice

DeaconKnowledge said:
With the power of Sony fanboy love and tears. It will work if you BELIEVE in it!

Pfft, love AND tears? In the first Pokemon movie it only took ONE tear to bring Ash back to life!

But for this, there aren't enough tears in the world... :lol

$100 isn't bad, Game Rush here has been giving a whopping $60 for a core PSP for quite some time (which surprised me, because they usually give very good trade).

M3Freak

Banned
Testicular Sound Express said:
ebgamesflyerfunnylq5sr7yc5.jpg

thats pretty vicious

I got my PSP in Chandler, AZ, when I waas vacationing there over Christmas. I walked in to an EB and decided I was going to buy one.

Me: Hi. I'd like to purchase a PSP and Daxter, please.
Dude: Okay. I'll be right back.

[Dude goes to the back. I thought he went to get new stock.]

Dudette shows up, and pulls out a PSP, cables, and a bunch of other shit.

Dudette: Doesn't this PSP look good? No scratches, blah..blah...blah
Me: I don't want a used PSP. I want a brand new one.
Dudette: Are you sure? There's nothing wrong with this one. You get an EB warranty.
Me: I'm visiting from Canada. I don't want a used one, and the warranty is most probably useless to me since I'm not staying here.
Dudette: You should really get this. It costs less.
Me: I don't care. I want a new one. Besides, my credit card extends warranties.
Dude: How long does it give you?
Me: Doubles the warranty.
Dude: I'm just trying to help you, but that will only give you 6 months.
Me: O_-

Dudette stares at me like she's about to cry.

Me: Give me a new PSP and a new Daxter game.
Dudette: Ok.

I only mention two, but there were four, maybe five employees that day. All of them were ganging up on me. I've never experienced anything like that before in my life.

Then, as I'm PAYING for the PSP, the another Dudette says she wants a PSP, and the first Dudette has the gal to say "Don't bother - it sucks". I should have at that point said:

Me: For ****'s sake. Give me back my money. You can take the PSP and shove it.
Dudette: o_O
Me: You're actually dumb enough to ruin a sure fire sale because I didn't buy the stupid used PSP? Are you STUPID?
Dudette: o_O

Alas, I didn't. I should have said something, but I didn't. I really shouldn't have bought it from there.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that ad makes sense because EB wants to RAPE more people that want to buy new DSes, PSPs, etc.

I'd rather go to Zellers, Future Shop, etc. At least they're happy to sell you stuff!!

beermonkey@tehbias said:
$100 isn't bad, Game Rush here has been giving a whopping $60 for a core PSP for quite some time (which surprised me, because they usually give very good trade).
It's only $100 if the trade-in is towards a DSLite. I think trade-in value is $65 for a PSP otherwise.

Top Bottom