• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#Wrestlemania 28 |OT| WWE is having another Big Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Pwtorch:

TMZ filed a report on WWE wrestler David Otunga bringing a young Haiti refugee to WrestleMania Weekend events in Miami as part of a raffle. According to the report, Otunga heard about the boy's story, which is that he moved to the U.S. two years ago following the devastating Haiti earthquake and the boy's mother died two weeks ago in Haiti. TMZ reports Otunga was "so moved he decided a simple WrestleMania ticket wasn't enough so he personally set up a meet-and-greet for the kid backstage with ALL the wrestlers at the event."

It's impossible not to like this man!

I like the emphasis on ALL of the wrestlers. It's like "don't worry guys the kid didn't just meet Otunga, that would totally blow".

Got a feeling this'll take the pattern of the last two WMs, and completely run out of steam before getting to the good stuff, which isn't even that good by WM standards

RBH

Some pics to possibly use in the OP:

20120307_WM28_rock_cena.jpg

20120308_WM28_taker_hhh_C.jpg

CMPunk%20Jericho%20WM2.jpg

SheamusBryan%20WM28.jpg

CodyShow%20WM28.jpg

20120326_wm28_TeamJohnny_SwapDrew_article_C.jpg

20120319_WM28_kane_orton_C.jpg

20120319_WM28_match_previews_KellyMaria-EveBeth_C.jpg

20120330_article_wm28_triplethreat_C.jpg

Sucks I'm going to miss the first 2 1/2-3 hours. Now I'm wondering if I should just wait until I can watch the whole thing at once or catch the last probably 2 matches which will be Rock vs Cena and Team Teddy vs Team Johnny probably.

BFIB

They better not open with Jericho/Punk. I really hate that WWE uses a main championship title as the hot opener. It needs to be Sheamus/Bryan, then Jericho/Punk, then Rock/Cena.

Ithil

They have way too many main events this year. They should have left off the Taker match til next year, it's too much here.

BOTH their World titles are marginalised and stuck before two non-title main events. That's absurd.

Aiii

So not worth it
They better not open with Jericho/Punk. I really hate that WWE uses a main championship title as the hot opener. It needs to be Sheamus/Bryan, then Jericho/Punk, then Rock/Cena.

There's something to be said for opening with Punk vs Jericho though. I mean, if they went on first they could have alot of time, if they went before the two main events they might just have to cut their match short due to other stuff going overtime and the two main events having set times.

Also, just imagine if they got 30 to 40 minutes in front of a fresh crowd, what a response they would get, what a great way to start the show.

Tbh with a card like this, there's only one throwaway match and one regular match nobody cares about. The rest are all possible A-class fights, even the 12-man match, an ending with everyone hitting their finisher and what not could make for a very entertaining match.

Nah, I'm not totally opposed to Punk vs Jericho as the opener at all, who cares if you're third last or first if at the end of the night you've stolen the show as far as wrestling goes.

Ithil

There's something to be said for opening with Punk vs Jericho though. I mean, if they went on first they could have alot of time, if they went before the two main events they might just have to cut their match short due to other stuff going overtime and the two main events having set times.

Also, just imagine if they got 30 to 40 minutes in front of a fresh crowd, what a response they would get, what a great way to start the show.

Tbh with a card like this, there's only one throwaway match and one regular match nobody cares about. The rest are all possible A-class fights, even the 12-man match, an ending with everyone hitting their finisher and what not could make for a very entertaining match.

Nah, I'm not totally opposed to Punk vs Jericho as the opener at all, who cares if you're third last or first if at the end of the night you've stolen the show as far as wrestling goes.

Which one is the regular match? Orton/Kane?

Striker

They have way too many main events this year. They should have left off the Taker match til next year, it's too much here.

BOTH their World titles are marginalised and stuck before two non-title main events. That's absurd.
One rising superstar Randy Orton thinks his match is above the World Title match. Take it as you wish.

Punk vs Jericho would be a great opener. Super hot crowd, plenty of time since nothing went long. Wasn't it already confirmed they were going on first? It's the best place they can go on the card.

Ithil

Antonio Cesaro & Kassius Ohno, The King's of Wrestling, should totally invade that match and steal the belts.

I don't want them debuting in a dark match.

There better be some big debuts from the development roster after WM. The WWE roster needs a real shot in the arm.

I don't want them debuting in a dark match.

I dunno, perhaps more people are paying attention to a free pre-WM dark match streamed on youtube rather than some random, throwaway, 5 minutes long tag match on RAW.

Ithil said:
There better be some big debuts from the development roster after WM. The WWE roster needs a real shot in the arm.

This. Rollins & Ambrose are so due a call-up, it's ridiculous. I keep hearing that quote about not bringing guys up until they have stories for them, well, it didn't stop them with Brodus Clay, did it?

DMczaf

27 WRESTLEMANIAS, 27 MOMENTS

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/27-wrestlemania-moments/page-10

WrestleMania IX - Hulk Hogan shocks the world

During his battle with then-WWE Champion Bret "Hit Man" Hart, Yokozuna managed to score the victory and win the title after Mr. Fuji threw salt in Hart's eyes. After the contest, Hulk Hogan was checking on Bret Hart's condition when Mr. Fuji dared The Hulkster to challenge the new champion. Hogan accepted. Mr. Fuji again attempted to use salt by throwing it in Hogan's eyes but The Hulkster ducked, thus causing the salt to instead hit Yokozuna. One leg drop later and Hulk Hogan was crowned the new WWE Champion. Even more impressive, The Hulkster managed to defeat Yokozuna in only 21 seconds.

WMania9_HOGAN.jpg

REMEMBER ME!

REMEMBER ME!

REMEMBER ME!

So much about this is wrong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltyMzyurjbk

But Eve and Layla in a ring dancing like that is not one of them.

LET THE FAPPAGE COMMENCE!

The cool part about all the Mike Tyson stuff I've this week with the WWE -- that dude is a TOTAL mark and looks so goddamn happy to be out there mucking it up with the wrestlers. Really cool to see when celebrities actually enjoy being with the WWE (Hugh Jackman being my favorite).

UberTag

Perhaps it's just the hardcore demographic attending the ROH event last night, but all of the impromptu "YES YES YES" chants breaking out in the crowd between every single match has me thinking Sheamus is going to be regarded as the heel in that title match with D-Brine barring Bryan doing something heinous to his beloved AJ.

Ithil

Perhaps it's just the hardcore demographic attending the ROH event last night, but all of the impromptu "YES YES YES" chants breaking out in the crowd between every single match has me thinking Sheamus is going to be regarded as the heel in that title match with D-Brine barring Bryan doing something heinous to his beloved AJ.

That's not really how it works

Ok Predictions.

Cena vs Rock (but due to interference or the ref doesnt see his foot on the ropes because Cena NEVER loses clean. this sets up the ramatch)

Triple H vs Undertaker (not gonna be clean.... someone is getting involved... but if that falls through then HBK will do something to screw Mr H's. This match will set up the main event for next mania ether being HHH vs HBK or Taker vs .....)

CM Punk vs Jericho

Danial Bryan vs Sheamus

Team Teddy vs Team Johnny (and Triple H becomes the GM of raw within a month)

Randy Orton vs Kane

Cagey

Banned
The cool part about all the Mike Tyson stuff I've this week with the WWE -- that dude is a TOTAL mark and looks so goddamn happy to be out there mucking it up with the wrestlers. Really cool to see when celebrities actually enjoy being with the WWE (Hugh Jackman being my favorite).
Hugh Jackman could be on RAW every month and I would be a very happy fan. He was excellent.

Ithil

My own late predictions:

Cena vs Rock - Cena wins lol

Triple H vs Undertaker - With a bit of shenanigans to set up HBK/HHH but to have Taker bow out of this feud the victor

CM Punk vs Jericho - Logical

Danial Bryan vs Sheamus - Though I expect the feud to keep going past WM

Team Teddy vs Team Johnny - No idea really, but I hope it's this

Cody Rhodes versus Big Show - "feel good" aspect for Big Show aside, it makes no sense to put a close to retirement guy over the young Cody (especially since Big Show likes putting over guys)

Randy Orton vs Kane - Whatever

WWE would like to welcome you to celebrate The Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. In the tradition of this momentous occasion, WWE hopes that you will join them in creating a special atmosphere for their inductees and attendees. The WWE staff and management request that you follow a few simple requests...

In an effort to show respect to the WWE Superstars and Hall of Fame Inductees, WWE asks that there be no chants or cat calls from the audience during the presentations.

Join in the celebration and dress your best! Business casual attire is suggested. Thank you in advance for your assistance in creating a special evening.

WWE hopes that you enjoy the 2012 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Wrestlemania 28!

Good luck with that WWE.

"randy savage! clap clap claplclapclap. randy savage! clap clap claplclapclap"

somedevil

So John Pollock did an interview with Wade Barrett who said he had surgery 4 weeks ago and its going to take 4-5 monthes for him to be ready. So if everything goes great he will return for summerslam.

If that happens that the money in the bank might happen at summerslam then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom