• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE brings back Starrcade for Network Special - November 25th

THE GUY

Banned
SDL is such crap right now. Even that card looks terrible. They really should've sent over Balor or Rollins when they did the shake-up.

I never realized there were two R's in Starrcade.

Why

Starrcade_83_poster.jpg

DeathyBoy

Banned
Feuding with Mankind? Not even close.

In terms of workrate it isn't even close to what WWE had between 2001-2003. And the characters are either unimaginative or completely generic. Guys look stock as ever. To stand out WWE tries putting these labels on guys and comes off forced as hell, ie. Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose.

Five years had Taker at 95. Nice try. (And I'll give you his highs were better, but Taker's prime was a good decade plus after he started.) Dude stunk up 99-2001.

Feuding with Mankind? Not even close.

In terms of workrate it isn't even close to what WWE had between 2001-2003. And the characters are either unimaginative or completely generic. Guys look stock as ever. To stand out WWE tries putting these labels on guys and comes off forced as hell, ie. Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose.

I agree. The only thing current WWE talent have over the old guard is athleticism. Theres a lot more to being a wrestler than being athletic. You need charisma, in ring psychology, distinct look and some good entrance tunes. How many current stars have have 2/3rds of that besides Nak, Finn, AJ, SZ, KO, Roode and Joe?

Fatalah

Michael Hayes Invites Cody Rhodes To Team With Goldust At WWE Starrcade

Starrcade was the creation of Dusty Rhodes and WWE producer Michael Hayes wants to honor that by having Cody Rhodes and his brother Goldust team at the upcoming live event.

As we previously reported, WWE announced this morning that they'd be reviving the Starrcade name for a live event in Greensboro, North Carolina next month and Cody reacted on Twitter by saying, ”Dear @MichaelPSHayes1 If you're afraid an event won't sell cuz' the holiday and want one of my Dad's events...at least book Goldy.."

Hayes responded by saying, ”So Cody, UR right we should have Goldy on the show, by the way, what R U doing that night??? Wanna team with UR Brother?"

Top Bottom