• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Battleground '17 |OT| A Canadian, Bulgarian, and Maharajah walk into a bar...

Has there ever really been a situation like Jinder because where he's pushed as a face in one country while the rest he's a heel? Closest I can think is Bret Hart, but it was always clear he was a heel in the US and face everywhere else within the story. This seems really weird.

Like you said, Bret Hart, which was the best version of that type of angle, because he even wrestled like a face in Canada.

I like this twist, it makes the story more interesting to me. For ages, guys like Lord Stevan/William Regal would be cheered in front of their native crowds despite being heels, and WWE would double down on them bring heels to their own audience. It made no sense. I like it when they embrace that an audience will like a heel because he's from there. They're trying to tap into that Heel Bret run with this, it's not as good because Bret was organic but then again, Bret v Shawn was one of the greatest angles in wrestling history, so nothing can really compare these days.

Shauni

Like you said, Bret Hart, which was the best version of that type of angle, because he even wrestled like a face in Canada.

I like this twist, it makes the story more interesting to me. For ages, guys like Lord Stevan/William Regal would be cheered in front of their native crowds despite being heels, and WWE would double down on them bring heels to their own audience. It made no sense. I like it when they embrace that an audience will like a heel because he's from there. They're trying to tap into that Heel Bret run with this, it's not as good because Bret was organic but then again, Bret v Shawn was one of the greatest angles in wrestling history, so nothing can really compare these days.

Yeah, but the difference is that's how Bret's angle was presented everywhere, and the others you mentioned were they were still presented as heel the crowds just still cheered them. This seems to be an exclusively India thing of redubbing Jinder as a face within the storyline

Top Bottom