• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Hell In A Cell '17 |OT| Here Comes The Money.....There Goes The Money

fhqwhgads

5b21bd16c0bc8ad1-600x400.jpg

When: October 8th at 8PM Eastern and 5PM Pacific
Where: Little Ceasers Arena at Detroit Michigan
Watch: Pay Per View and WWE Network

It's that time of year again, where WWE reminds us that speciality matches barely matter anymore and they can hand them out like candy at a yearly event because who needs mystique or suspense for an intense feud when you can just dump any old matches in one. I mean, it's not as bad as it was last year, but you know.

20171003_HIAC_tagteam--c70eeeae9d00287ef08402b2ea19d35f.jpg

Kick Off Match: Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin Vs. The Hype Bros
Mojo Rawley won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

5993b10e1901e967909--2da7234a181ded5cbdeb11dd76826ffe.jpg

The Fashion Files Returns
Breezie and Dango are back, and still not getting matches or highly deserved title shots. Better than nothing I suppose.

20170926_HIAC_OrtonRusev--528bf8d9ae2d43f400719b2993c84ad9.jpg

Randy Orton Vs. Rusev
"Hey Randy, Rusev wants you to return the favour to him on Smackdown! Don't worry, I'll owe ya one next time!"

20170926_HIAC_RoodeZiggler--1fd40eaaf4725be9ad174d8ae0634bac.jpg

Bobby Roode Vs. Dolph Ziggler
According to WWE, the best way to get a new star on the main roster over is to have them appear, take them off TV for weeks and then dump them into a match with a random midcarder. Let's see if it pays off!

20170926_HIAC_StylesCorbin--8ee7760f56eb126b6c815b78a8d95e34.jpg

United States Championship Match: AJ Styles Vs. Baron Corbin
I honestly think this match could be better than AJ's Kevin Owens feud. Not sure why, but I'm rooting for Mr Receding Hairline to at least get a cool End of Days spot somewhere in the match.

20170912_HIAC_TagTeam--454c2389bb76021b50ff0e111c033b5a.jpg

Hell In A Cell Match for the Smackdown Tag Team Championships: The New Days Vs. The Usos
There's nothing this feud can't do. They made Usos cool again, they made hot potating titles cool, they got a 4 star match on a preshow. Please steal the show once again.

20170919_HIAC_NataChar--080e01b69bbdd640a7e60ca11660925c.jpg

Smackdown Women's Championship Match: Natalya Vs. Charlotte
Last time these two met they dropped the ball with their Montreal screwjob fetish, so surely they won't repeat it again...right?

20170905_HIAC_JinderNakamura--997dd2cba3d045502327cd85534bdb7f.jpg

WWE Championship Match: Jinder Mahal Vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
ONE POINT THREE BILLION INDIANS

20170912_HIAC_ShaneOwens--4098c216714680682894d8249ec381b3.jpg

Hell In A Cell Match: Kevin Owens Vs. Shane McMahon
We all know what's coming. Don't be ashamed to admit this is your number one reason to watch tonight.

had no idea what the matches were before this thread.

Usos and ND are always good, only other thing is seeing Shane jump off a cell again.

I will watch a gif of Shane finding a new way to jump off the cell in the morning and that will be WWE intake for the month.

Actually I wonder if they just do the exact same spot as the Undertaker cell match. That seems like the most WWE move

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Seeing Blade Runner tomorrow, so I'll have to watch this throughout the week.

Hopefully its good

Smackdown is coming to Portugal for the first time in years. I honestly don't feel like going. Feeling no hype at all surrounding anything WWE-related. This card is awful. And even worse is knowing the results won't help.

yuraya

Check your emails everyone. They are giving away 1 month of the network for 1$.

2 ppvs including this one for a buck basically.

Baron Corbin's hairline bums me out. I skip all his matches cuz I don't want to see it. It's too depressing.
Oh and also cuz he sucks, but whatever.

Ziggler

In 2017

I will watch a gif of Shane finding a new way to jump off the cell in the morning and that will be WWE intake for the month.

Actually I wonder if they just do the exact same spot as the Undertaker cell match. That seems like the most WWE move
My guess is Shane or KO goes through the cell.

Though the Falls Count Anywhere stipulation probably means the pinfall is going to be outside the cell.

MavFan619

Banned
Vince and Steph will help Shane win, after KO beats the piss out of him
I hope he destroys them as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shane who never wins somehow wins this. Which would be the kind of move that bums me out from WWE. Oh well ;_;

DogDude

Tag match should end the show imo. Two greatest teams of the generation going at it one last time? No brainer imo.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I hope he destroys them as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shane who never wins somehow wins this. Which would be the kind of move that bums me out from WWE. Oh well ;_;
If Shane wins clean, fuck the WWE

MavFan619

Banned
Seriously doubt he loses, that would make him 0-3 since his return
Yeah and it's not WWE if the guy who carried the program on the mic, does all the house shows, has been wrestling his ass off forever, beats the McMahon. Can't have that 0-4, though technically he did win the Surviror Series match after potatoing everyone because he's bad. Damn, now I'm salty.

T.v

Fashion police have me the most hype. Good job WWE. AJ will make Corbin look like a million bucks, and the tag match should be great. The rest does not interest me at all. I'm usually down for Ryder,but not like this. Putting Roode against Ziggler is a great way of killing any momentum he may have had.

MC Safety

WWE: Yes, We're Still Using The Evil Foreigner Gimmick

But wrestling matches are usually good guy v. bad guy. And in the case of the good guy, he is also a foreigner.

They're selling this pay per view on the strength of the boss' son doing a flip off a steel cage. That's more daunting than 10 Jinder Mahals.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
A falls-count-anywhere hell in a cell match is the dumbest shit ever

I remember this time last year, when the trend was that Smackdown had awful looking cards that ended up being much better then they looked. Now they just have awful looking cards that end up awful. At least the New Day and the Usos won’t let me down. Dudes had me marking out during the fucking pre show at Summerslam

norm9

Cause the crowd reacts big to him and has made Owens the top heel right now on smackdown.

Ugh. KO gonna have to work around this guy to his own detriment.

Tag and women's title only things Im looking forward to. Also Shelton Benjamin. Didn't realize he's back.

Tagyhag

I remember this time last year, when the trend was that Smackdown had awful looking cards that ended up being much better then they looked. Now they just have awful looking cards that end up awful. At least the New Day and the Usos won’t let me down. Dudes had me marking out during the fucking pre show at Summerslam

I still don't know what happened. Either the writing team changed or Vince gave it its full attention or something.

SD was such a breath of fresh air in late 2016.

Auraela

Banned
Probs have kane come out in cell match n help shane. Call back to his debut n wwe are going on bout its 20 years of kane on Facebook.

Ties into the story of his suited up corporate kane

My take is that Shinsuke is going to lose so that Jinder can be champ for the India tour. It's a shame that they couldn't hold off on Shinsuke getting a title shot until after the tour so that Shin could get a title run.

I'd like to see something happen during the Shane/KO match. Either McMahon shenanigans, or Sami Zayn shenanigans, or HHH shenanigans, or something.

Just_one

Only looking forward to the 2 cell matches.

As others said Shane will do something stupid but i think the match that will save the whole night will be the tag match for sure!

Would like to see Charlotte win the title though.

Top Bottom