• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Sony Earnings: What to Watch

Screenshot-4_28_2017-8_03_01-AM.jpg

Elios83

20m PS4 shipped during FY2016.
LTD shipments at the end of March 2017 at 60m.
78m expected by the end of March 2018.
Also profits for both the gaming division and the whole company are expected to grow considerably during this fiscal year.
Investors and market will be really pleased with these results.

ggx2ac

Is it me or did they fail this?

CURRENT FISCAL-YEAR FORECAST: The fiscal year that started this month marks the last under Chief Executive Kazuo Hirai’s latest three-year business plan. Under that plan, Sony had targeted operating profit of more than ¥500 billion for the current fiscal year. Sony recorded its biggest operating profit, ¥525.7 billion, in fiscal 1997.

I'm reading ¥288.7 billion from their operating income.

Xando

I would say realistic forecast but 18m still a lot of units, wonder how they achieve that.

Fall looks pretty great. I reckon Destiny, COD and Battlefront 2 bundles are gonna be on fire.

RDR2 releasing this FY would also be great for them.

jayu26

I misread the quote. I see the ¥500 billion operating income for the next fiscal year now.
You did misread, but that forecasting is incredibly aggressive I think. They are forecasting 120million yen operating income from Semiconductor. That seems insane. Than again, that earthquake did screw them pretty badly.

Top Bottom