• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Zabant

8bZ6dmr.jpg
That is an incredibly generous interpenetration of Taker's hairline.

Branson

That is an incredibly generous interpenetration of Taker's hairline.
What is wrasslegafs obsession with people's hairlines. It's like they are seeing that there are different people On earth for the first time.

Anyway. I really wonder if they are going to do a PC version this time. The only thing that sucks about the PC version is that the people who make CAWS on community creations are usually focused more on consoles. Which is fine. The game really didn't look much better.

Son Of D

If this turns out to be a dud, I hope the uproar is enough that this series becomes a biannual release.
Seeing that WWE didn't allow 2k to delay one of the games until Wrestlemania (I think it was 2k14) there's no chance (in hell) that they'll allow for a biannual release schedule.

Honestly releasing the games alongside Wrestlemania might help the sales to be honest. Gets them out of a crowded time of year and also releases when WWE is in its strongest season. Although I guess that means less money at the end of the year to balance out the lower buyrates and ratings.

Purexed

Banned
Got the game and the first match I did was Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins at WrestleMania 31...

Why did Roman Reigns start doing the Yes chant during the in-ring introductions with Lilian Garcia?!? Gotta admit though, that glitch was funny as hell. This won't be the best game ever, but the roster is unbelievable so I'm planning on having some fun with what's here.

BONDO

surely a dumb question but the answer is not popping up on google for me.
This game has local 4 player right?.....

zkorejo

I got this yesterday. I am expecting this to review well.

Gameplay is solid. It has added alot of little things and it all makes the match flow much more realistically and is pretty fun at the same time.

Improved creation suite is another plus point. Face Import actually works really well. The only issue I had was my picture I uploaded (ADR) was too big and I had to upload another resized image. Way better than the days where we used PT texture tools.

The face deformation can help you morph the face perfectly. I am expecting super realistic created wrestlers from the community.

No custom title defense in Universe mode is the only complaint I have and I am hoping it will be fixed soon.

I got this yesterday. I am expecting this to review well.

Gameplay is solid. It has added alot of little things and it all makes the match flow much more realistically and is pretty fun at the same time.

Improved creation suite is another plus point. Face Import actually works really well. The only issue I had was my picture I uploaded (ADR) was too big and I had to upload another resized image. Way better than the days where we used PT texture tools.

The face deformation can help you morph the face perfectly. I am expecting super realistic created wrestlers from the community.

No custom title defense in Universe mode is the only complaint I have and I am hoping it will be fixed soon.
Is it as buggy?

Can't wait to pick up a copy after work.

So excited about face deformation. Wrestling Legends Forum Caw makers are gonna work their magic again thanks to this.

zkorejo

Is it as buggy?

I played for about 6-7 hours. I did exhibition matches, Universe and messed around the CAS.

I didnt see any glitches. I knew about edited attire glitch so I didnt try that. Game is smooth, I did see the framrates dropping a bit when I used the repeated kicks signature from Daniel Bryan. IDK if it was random or if it is an issue with that particular move. But that just happened once.

jon_dojah

Banned
Just picked this up. First wrestling game I've bought since Fire Pro in the Dreamcast/GBA days. I've wanted to buy a WWE game the past few years but always decided to skip them because of jankiness and horrible user reviews but I couldnt hold it together this time. I was willing to risk $60 especially since I havent been part of the "reward yukes for their mess ups" problem. I'm hoping to enjoy this, bugs, glitches and all. I really tried to talk myself out of it but they got me.

Please be good, pretty please

Just picked this up. First wrestling game I've bought since Fire Pro in the Dreamcast/GBA days. I've wanted to buy a WWE game the past few years but always decided to skip them because of jankiness and horrible user reviews but I couldnt hold it together this time. I was willing to risk $60 especially since I havent been part of the "reward yukes for their mess ups" problem. I'm hoping to enjoy this, bugs, glitches and all. I really tried to talk myself out of it but they got me.

Please be good, pretty please

What made you go for this one? The roster?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ok so

It's just like the WWE in the sense that I can't pin ANYONE with one finisher
And the 'cooldown' reversal thing seems like a good idea until you realize that the extra damage or whatever on bigger guys is nowhere near as OP as having those extra reversals.
And finishers are CONSTANTLY reversed by the AI. It's happened in all 5 of the matches I've done so far

Got this from Redbox earlier. Haven't played a WWE 2K game in years but the roster had me interested. Played a few matches and i'm having fun so far. Might end up picking this up this weekend.

Ok so

It's just like the WWE in the sense that I can't pin ANYONE with one finisher
And the 'cooldown' reversal thing seems like a good idea until you realize that the extra damage or whatever on bigger guys is nowhere near as OP as having those extra reversals.
And finishers are CONSTANTLY reversed by the AI. It's happened in all 5 of the matches I've done so far

You have to turn all the ai settings down in the menus somewhere. Just turn the ai reversal meter all the way to 0. It doesn't fix it in every game mode though.

Ban Puncher

I saw a second hand copy of Day of Reckoning on GameCube for $7 yesterday.

Maybe I should get that and spend the remaining $53 on cheap, nasty beer and drink until it feels like I am playing a decent wrestling game.

Hasney

I saw a second hand copy of Day of Reckoning on GameCube for $7 yesterday.

Maybe I should get that and spend the remaining $53 on cheap, nasty beer and drink until it feels like I am playing a decent wrestling game.

May I recommend the Fallout beer?

Forkball

Is this not coming to PC? Or is this one of those things where it will randomly be released in March with no additions?

Is this not coming to PC? Or is this one of those things where it will randomly be released in March with no additions?

Same as last year, no PC version announced yet.

If anyone was wondering about not being able to edit or create title matches in Universe Mode nothing was changed with the day 1 patch, I know some people were holding out hope.

So this means we can't make Thriple Threat or Fatal Four-Way title matches just whatever the cpu generates based on the 1 v 1 rivaries. Can't even edit that match or change the opponent, if you do it makes it a non title match. If anyone remembers Universe Mode was like this SvR 2011 and when they fixed it in WWE 12 it was highlighted as a new feature for Universe.

This is most likely to avoid the bug that would sometimes occur when editing a title match which would reset the entire March card on occasion. It also would end rivalries that were for the title if a third person outside the rivalry won the belt. Not sure how Money in the bank will be handled because cashing in on a title holder in a rivarly is exactly what that would do.

Top Bottom