• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men: Days of Future Past -- Trailer #3 (Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured I'd ask this here.

Does anyone have a gif of Professor X zipping around really fast in his wheelchair at the Wolverine credits scene?

New Xavier/Erik clip

Alludes to how Xavier is walking again and also implies that
most of the First Class cast were killed off between movies

6BY0HDY.jpg

Pro

Did anyone clarify whether or not
Wolverine still has an adamantium skeleton
after the events in The Wolverine? Is it just
his claws that the adamantium got removed from
? Cause whether or not it is present day or past Wolverine in DOFP he should only have
bone claws
then, but I thought I saw a trailer with
adamantium claws
. Just wondering what the rest of his
skeleton
is like now.

JdFoX187

Banned
? Cause whether or not it is present day or past Wolverine in DOFP he should only have
bone claws
adamantium claws
skeleton
is like now.

Should still at least have
his Adamantium skeleton. Only the claws were melted off.
Really curious how they're going to address that. Or if they're just going to gloss right over it.

Platy

bone claws
adamantium claws
skeleton
is like now.

Did the trailer showed him using it in the future ?

Theoricaly the past part is before it at all ...

New Xavier/Erik clip

Awesome !

In Singer we trust !!!

....for directing ... a x-men movie =x

Wait did he say
Angel? Wasn't his first appearance in the third movie?

Angel's also the name of the stripper girl in First Class.

Haven't seen a clip of Logan in the future but all of the promotional material shows him with his adamantium claws in the future and bone claws in the past.

Deadly

Angel's also the name of the stripper girl in First Class.

Haven't seen a clip of Logan in the future but all of the promotional material shows him with his adamantium claws in the future and bone claws in the past.
Ohh right.

And it makes sense about Logan because the 'past' setting is before the Weapon X program no?

cacildo

Im on blackout too. The trailers were bad, and that´s great, because it dosent spoil the movie.

If the new clips are good... i really dont wanna see em before the movie!

iEL5rbS.gif

MisterHero

New Xavier/Erik clip

Whoever's in charge of the story is doing a great job.
They're making Xavier's 'retconned' death relevant throughout the movie rather than a one-liner. He's probably using his twin's body to walk.

On the other hand, some characters seem to have died via dialogue. :p

spekkeh

Banned
I think McAvoy pales next to Stewart. He's decent, but yeah, those are big shoes to fill. Fassbender really holds his own though. One of the best actors of the moment. He completely stole 12 Years too, surprising given his role.

I think McAvoy pales next to Stewart. He's decent, but yeah, those are big shoes to fill. Fassbender really holds his own though. One of the best actors of the moment. He completely stole 12 Years too, surprising given his role.

Agreed, I like McAvoy and he definitely carries his own in the Professor X role, but Stewart embodies the character to a much higher degree. Although his chemistry with Fassbender is amazing, I can't see him growing up into being Stewart.

Fassbender, on the other hand, is a maelstrom of rage and power and I can see him transitioning into McKellen in this universe. I actually think his portrayal surpasses McKellen's (although it is aided by better writing) as far as the raging, wronged-by-humanity mutant crusader angle that they're going with the character.

Ashhong

I think the biggest issue with McAvoy's X is just the character itself. He isn't Prof X yet. Fassbender is pretty much the Magneto we know. To me, McAvoy isn't even playing the same character as Stewart is. Not yet at least.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I think the biggest issue with McAvoy's X is just the character itself. He isn't Prof X yet. Fassbender is pretty much the Magneto we know. To me, McAvoy isn't even playing the same character as Stewart is. Not yet at least.

Singer for some reason hates the idea of a young bald, paraplegic, Xavier.

Timbuktu

So we seem to have skipped over the dark and tragic middle part of a trilogy, I'm cool with that. We didn't really need more January Jones.

Not sure who would be a good young version of Patrick Stewart. Tom Hardy again?

MisterHero

So we seem to have skipped over the dark and tragic middle part of a trilogy, I'm cool with that. We didn't really need more January Jones.
Supposedly, Sigourney Weaver was going to play Emma Frost in X3 before Singer left. I'm still curious how that would've worked.

Blader

Fwiw, Singer and Kinberg have said that this movie is supposed to be mainly Xavier's story similar to how First Class was mainly Erik's story. I think by the end of this one, McAvoy's portrayal should be more in line with Stewart's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom