• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men: Days of Future Past -- Trailer #3 (Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Is it safe to say singer is gone after DOFP? Will Fox refuse to risk it?

And I'm getting worried with all this Mystique advertisement. I know JLaw is big now, but she is a bad Mystique :[

Gorillaz

Yea, at this point I don't know about Singer leading the charge for the series after this.

But if DOFP puts the series back on the map, then anybody can really take it from here.

Effect

Is it safe to say singer is gone after DOFP? Will Fox refuse to risk it?

And I'm getting worried with all this Mystique advertisement. I know JLaw is big now, but she is a bad Mystique :[

I will not be surprised at all if he's gone. He might very well be gone already. He's not doing anymore press for the film with the issues surround him now. He was suppose to be at Wondercon I think but canceled. That's suppose to be the case for other appearances. Fox is likely not going to have him in public at all going forward. Will not be surprised if others interviews don't say his name. He is completely toxic at the moment regardless of how this thing ends. If they could strip his name from the trailers they would I bet.

Effect

I thought the same after X2.

They just need to not rush anything they do. If a director or writer says they need more time and a more appropriate budget then Fox needs to listen and not rush it out. Same with Sony. That's how we ended up with X-men: The Last Stand and Spider-man 3. I like to think both have learnt their lesson and know with Disney/Marvel in the position they are in and with WB/DC stacking out their own corner they know they can't screw things up.

The Singer situation is beyond their control. Everything else they can control when it comes to future films. So I really doubt we're going to see a repeat of X-men Origins or The Last Stand.

I thought the same after X2.

That was different circumstances. The guy they picked to succeed him bailed at the last minute after Singer himself bailed at the last minute.

Now? Now they have YEARS to grab somebody, and helping run a superhero series is a pretty good gig if you can get it. The number of potential prospects has gotta be better than a list that starts with Brett and ends with Ratner. Directors are likely a little more inclined to take such a job. Lotta job security there if you deliver. So long as you don't do something that shines a light on DECADES of shiesty behavior so ridiculous that the response to allegations of your sexual abuse of a minor isn't even "My GOODNESS" but "It took THAT long??"

Effect

I do think this though. The next director's background is going to be scrutinized so thoroughly that the FBI/CIA might end up impressed.

Maybe not so much scrutinized as scrubbed up. Make the payoffs now while it's cheaper.

That possibly too.

I wonder how big of a role Stryker is going to have. He's been a focus in two films already not counting DOFP. Wonder if they're over doing it with him.

Prompto

Banned
If things get worse for Singer, I'm betting they'll ask Matthew Vaughn back. He has a good relationship with Fox, he's still involved with X-Men films as producer and writer, he's producing the Fantastic Four reboot for them, and he was originally supposed to direct Days of Future Past anyway if he didn't drop out to direct the Secret Service movie. Just depends if he says yes. If not, hopefully they hire a decent enough director.

Toa TAK

Banned
I keep forgetting about Singer leaving for SR.

At least he left after the "Jean/Phoenix and Logan final rubble climb climax" was in the original treatment. That I did like from The Last Stand.

Does Vaughn have any interest in doing another X Film? edit: beaten.

injurai

Banned
If things get worse for Singer, I'm betting they'll ask Matthew Vaughn back. He has a good relationship with Fox, he's still involved with X-Men films as producer and writer, he's producing the Fantastic Four reboot for them, and he was originally supposed to direct Days of Future Past anyway if he didn't drop out to direct the Secret Service movie. Just depends if he says yes. If not, hopefully they hire a decent enough director.

At this point I would be completely fine with that. I don't think X1 or X2 did anything particularly better than First Class. I loved Kick-Ass. Cinema X-Men is already kind of screwing with it's continuity both with itself and to the comics.

Holy shit I am hyped for this movie.

I don't give a shit what MCU-wankers say, Sony are doing pretty darn well with the X-men franchise - it is rich enough to stand as a universe on its own.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I hope this means we'll get Vaughn doing the rest of the X-men films.
Holy shit I am hyped for this movie.

I don't give a shit what MCU-wankers say, Sony are doing pretty darn well with the X-men franchise - it is rich enough to stand as a universe on its own.

I still prefer EA's X-men universe.

The editing in The Wolverine will drive you crazy. The chopsticks are standing, they aren't, they are. The gloves are taken off, cut, cut back, the gloves are coming off again.

Watched it tonight, I did have a giggle when I saw those, the gloves one was really noticeable lol, really bad.

Wiktor

I'm hoping now that Singer is gone they might considering giving the reins to the universe to Christopher McQuarrie. Guy was clearly interested in this and seeing an X-Men movie completely written and directed by him would be amazing. Especially since he will be coming off from hot Mission Impossible 5, which would be really effective for marketing purposes.

Has an explanation been provided as to how Charles came back to life after been disintegrated in X3? Sorry if this was answered previously in the thread.

Volimar

He transferred his mind into a person in a coma I think it was.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSkn3KYwmtc

Yeah, except he makes everyone think it's Xavier when they see the other guy, who also happens to be wheelchair bound.

You know what? Fuck it. Fuck the timeline. Fuck continuity. Fuck gaping plot holes. I'm going to see this film and enjoy it.

Edit: btw, does anyone have a link to the after credits scene of winter soldier?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Has an explanation been provided as to how Charles came back to life after been disintegrated in X3? Sorry if this was answered previously in the thread.

Not yet, but I'm sure they'll take care of that in the movie. Just like they handled Young Xavier looking like Data from Star Trek in X-Men Origins Wolverine.

Beth Cyra

Not yet, but I'm sure they'll take care of that in the movie. Just like they handled Young Xavier looking like Data from Star Trek in X-Men Origins Wolverine.

According to even Patrick it's just the scene at the end of X3, he even commented on how surprised he was that so few people watched it according to the other thread.

Blader

According to even Patrick it's just the scene at the end of X3, he even commented on how surprised he was that so few people watched it according to the other thread.

Now that I think of it, was X3 the first time one of these movies did a post-credits scene?

Platy

Now that I think of it, was X3 the first time one of these movies did a post-credits scene?

Probably not ... X2 had one.... but was as usefull as the "after all credits" scenes on marvel movies : just some yellow glowing on the water.

X3 probably had the first "middle credits scene" important scene

Blader

Probably not ... X2 had one.... but was as usefull as the "after all credits" scenes on marvel movies : just some yellow glowing on the water.

X3 probably had the first "middle credits scene" important scene

oh shit, really? That movie has been out for 11 years and I never knew it had an after credits scene.

vgJames

Banned
Something about the film just feels off to me, can't put my finger on it and felt like this since the first trailer dropped.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
oh shit, really? That movie has been out for 11 years and I never knew it had an after credits scene.
X2 doesn't have an after credits scene. He was alluding to the voice over by Jean at the end of the movie with the camera flying over Alkali Lake where you can just barely make out a yellowish Phoenix bird shape under the water before it cuts to the credits.

X3 has an after credits scene where Moira is in the room of the comatose patient she and Charles were video conferencing about earlier in the movie. We never get a clear view of the patient, but he says, "Moira", in Xavier's voice and startles Moira. It's assumed Xavier transferred his mind into that body right before he died. If you watch the commentary for the movie, Ratner and the writers say that it could be Xavier's twin brother. They do make mention that they know he has a twin sister in the comics, but decided to make it a brother as an "out" for future movies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Do it. The sequel to everything.

So she was cut out for more Professor X and Magneto? I'm down, sadly.

No, she was ADDED in order to cut more Prof X and Magneto. That whole subplot was cut, and their screentime with it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently, that photo of the little girl with Quicksilver is NOT the Scarlet Witch according to Singer...

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/04/2...t-scarlet-witch-out-who-is-the-third-sibling/

In a new interview with Empire Magazine (transcribed over at CBM), X-Men: Days of Future Past director Bryan Singer corrected a misapprehension many fans have had that the little girl pictured with Quicksilver in photos and trailers from the film is in fact his sister Wanda, better known to comic book fans as the Scarlet Witch.

“Is that the Scarlet Witch? No, that’s his little sister,” Singer said. “I even had a line which I cut, where Quicksilver’s mother says to the little girl, ‘Go up and bug your sister,’ and the little girl says, ‘She bugs me!’ You never see the older sister, but it was to imply that there is an older sister for comic bool fans. I ended up cutting it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom