• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XB1 Retail Version of Battlefield 4 Will Still Run at 720p, 60 FPS, EA Rep confirms

belmonkey

Assuming that the PS4 really is 50% more powerful, and 900p is roughly 56% more pixels, would that kinda be the upper limit of what to expect?

How do we know they are not dropping both versions to 720p for performance reasons? Maybe the PS4 and X1 could not handle a stable 1080p for this game.

There's 0 technical reasons for the PS4 version to not run at a higher res than the Xbox One. Or to look identical.

It will be nice when the hardware and games finally come out so we can do proper comparisons. There's still way too much information floating around that is constantly needing clarification and updates. While this feeding frenzy within the forums is entertaining I refuse to get caught up in it. I'm still sticking to my PC until the dust settles and more importantly, when each console has a decent library to play.

This is why we still don't know. It's only a bit over a month until Next Generation Console launches and yet they are keeping us in the dark. Why? So people won't go out and pick one version over the other.

A sale is a sale EA. Fuck off with that parity shit.

http://www.gamespark.jp/article/2013/09/29/43766.html

ブースにてDICEのプロダクトQA担当者に確認したところ、Xbox OneとPS4バージョン製品版の解像度およびフレームレートは同一を目指しているということでした。それにあわせて記事の内容を修正いたしました。最終的な仕様はEA/DICEから正式に情報公開されるまで不明です。

Google translate:

After a review of the product QA personnel of DICE booth , it was that the frame rate and resolution of the PS4 version product version and Xbox One that is aimed at the same . We modify the contents of the article to match. The final specification is unknown until it is officially published information from EA / DICE.

Literal translation:

ブースにて
At the booth

DICEのプロダクトQA担当者に
from DICE's product Q&A personnel

確認したところ、
has confirmed,

Xbox OneとPS4バージョン
the Xbox One and PS4 versions

製品版の解像度およびフレームレートは
regarding the commercial version's resolution / framerate

同一を目指して
strive towards sameness

いるということでした。
it is something they said.

Then they added that it wasn't final, and will only be known for sure when official EA / DICE information comes out.

Anonumos

Banned
v6b10hUm.gif

SEE BELOW:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=84015727&postcount=132

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT:

And see also:

http://www.gamespark.jp/article/2013/09/29/43766.html

ブースにてDICEのプロダクトQA担当者に確認したところ、Xbox OneとPS4バージョン製品版の解像度およびフレームレートは同一を目指しているということでした。それにあわせて記事の内容を修正いたしました。最終的な仕様はEA/DICEから正式に情報公開されるまで不明です。

Google translate:

After a review of the product QA personnel of DICE booth , it was that the frame rate and resolution of the PS4 version product version and Xbox One that is aimed at the same . We modify the contents of the article to match. The final specification is unknown until it is officially published information from EA / DICE.

solarus

Well on the bright side, a lot of GAF has always been very vocal about 60fps>1080p so at least the frame rate will please some people.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
You have developed for both machines?!!
I understand where you're coming from with this but he is right in this case. Earlier quotes from some developers imply that as well. Some flat out say that PS4 is the more capable system, period. On spec sheets and real world performance.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm going to wait until we get the final game since show floor reps tend to not know anything. 720p would be depressing though. I think that would say more about the difficulty of working with the XBO toolset right now that the power.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
How do we know they are not dropping both versions to 720p for performance reasons? Maybe the PS4 and X1 could not handle a stable 1080p for this game.
Could be, but why is the PS4 version running at a higher resolution in development, but the Xbox One isn't?
Doesn't make sense, and judging by the spec PS4 can handle it.

badb0y

This mean EA lied back when people were shitting on BF4 for being 720p and they said it would be higher than 720p but lower than 1080p.

VanWinkle

Pretty disappointing. The next gen versions we have seen in off-screen footage doesn't even look very good either, so it truly seems bizarre that they can't get it up to 1080p, or at LEAST 900p. It better have some beastly AA to somewhat offset the low resolution

Wereroku

Because that's not what EA wants.

That was a crafty edit since most of titanfall's sales are going to be on 360. Let not kid ourselves the third parties currently don't care about the new gen as much as 360 and ps3 since the bulk of their sales will come from there.

GodofWine

Oh god, are you going to argue that Killzone is open-world now?

Oh god, are you going to argue that Battlefield is open world now?

This is your 720p image original:

And this is how it will look on your 1080p screen:

Looks like Im gonna put the panny 720p Plasma back in the basement with the PS4, seems like letting it output everything in 720p is the smart choice for now

Lynn616

Could be, but why is the PS4 version running at a higher resolution in development, but the Xbox One isn't?
Doesn't make sense, and judging by the spec PS4 can handle it.

Do we know the X1 was not running at 1080p in development?
Do we know the PS4 version was running stable at 1080p in development?

Mrbob

It just about confirms 720p on Xbox One and 1080p on PS4.

Well done MS. Well done.

Well, they didn't say for certain but I would expect this to be the case. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if the PS4 version can't hit 1080P. Dice needs to unlock the proper balance in PS4 I guess.

720P next gen games want to make me cry.

teokrazia

Bah, Xbox 360 was an hardware that I liked, with a 'philosophy' that I liked [the first years].
With Xbox One MS seems is fucking all the way.
All the way.
Also self-nullifying the only reason I should desire the console, Titanfall, by bring it on PC.

The saddest thing is that the most accredited responsibles of this mess, Mattrick and Ballmer, are jumping off the boat, leaving it in troubles.
Good luck out there, Xbone.

Top Bottom