• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 NBA 2K6 preview

Kruza

There is a preview of Xbox 360 version of NBA 2K6 over at IGN, including a short movie trailer that must be seen to be believed. It looks incredible.

nba-2k6-20050930031515778.jpg

Kruza

GhaleonEB

The movement of the jerseys was very impressive. When the guy ran by at the beginning, I actually thought it was real, and was going to segue into game footage. Damn.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the animation still is a bit jerky between motions, but sweet lord those player models rock and the cloth physics are amazing.

oh, and EA's launch titles continue to dissapoint after seeing the compitition.

FightyF

Banned
nba-2k6-20050930031519184-000.jpg

I wish that games like Splinter Cell or MGS 4 had the realistic look of these games. Man, that looks...*sniff* it looks beautiful. Excuse me I have something in my eye...

Oh and remember when I said LONG AGO that VC would have come out with a far superior looking next gen football game if they had a chance? I'm sure the people who disagreed with me back then would be inclined to agree now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

op_ivy

360 is a beast! haters eat crow!!

this is nuts, come on x05

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
okay i watched the hd version of the video

some slow down issues (probably a minor thing) and the jersey animations arent that great. It seems like the back of the jersey animates for no reason...all of the time.

FightyF

Banned
Noticed that the jerseys seem to float on the players...but I'm sure that further tweaking (perhaps next year's version) will solve that.

op_ivy

shit, i need to see the higher res one. anyone?

blim to the rescue?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Looks like I'll be buying two bball games for 360...eek at that vid :D

One thing I'd like to see is the players shooting form is the way they release in real life. Just like in baseball games they have all the players signature batting stances.

Not really a big deal but it'd add some to the realism, for me. As it is now they all have that funky videogame release ((haven't played any of the latest games yet so not sure if they do that now).

Seth C

Wow, that's just...insane. I read the article, too...and the game has 10,000 individual crowd models, so we should be bale to say goodbye to seeing 20 of the same person in every view of the crowd.

Jewbacca

Banned
Fuma said:
Geeeeewwwwww!

nba-2k6-20050930031526637.jpg

omfg I had to look twice at a glance... I even brought my sister in and asked her do you think that is a real picture and from 8 feet back on a 19inch monitor she thought it was... loll

That is amazing.

GhaleonEB

I remember the comment MS made a few months ago. Basically went, "After X05, there will be no doubt XBox 360 is next-gen."

If this and PGR3 are a taste of what's to come at X05, my eyes are going to be exhaused from all those orgasms.

hgplayer1

these pictures shocked me. I was not prepared. should have sent a poet.

I have a feeling NBA Live is gonna get stomped visually.

I honestly felt glee when I saw these pics and I havent even seen the vid. from all the good impressions for NBA2k6 on Xbox Ill definitely be picking this up at launch.

EB Guy

Burger King viral marketer
I can confirm that this is in game, it's same video that take 2 showed us a few days ago.

DMczaf

Thank god NBA2K is back in terms of gameplay this year, that makes the graphics that much better knowing that the game plays like one of the best basketball games ever :)

DMczaf

U.2.K. Tha Greate$t said:
Can someone picture a NFL2K6 ON X360? But this wont happen, due to you know who.

Could you imagine MVP Baseball on 360?! But this wont happen, due to you know who.

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
VC confirmed they'll be showing a football game at the X05 thing :)

Please dont tell me you fell for that fake crap. Come on Konex, it said VC told IGN at the Sports Gaming Convention. Have you ever heard of this convention? :lol

Zep

Banned
DMczaf said:
Could you imagine MVP Baseball on 360?! But this wont happen, due to you know who.

wait? MVP had good graphics? Missed that part...

But gameplay is unmatched.

Top Bottom