• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Paradox Interactive team up for gaming showcase on March 6th with new announcements.

Here is the on-demand recording for those who missed the stream,

<>
Original trailer,

https://news.italy24.press/technology/385803.html
On March 6, 2023 at 18:00 Italian time, Paradox Interactive will hold a presentation event of his new games, in collaboration with Xboxes. Which suggests the arrival of most of the titles announced on the Xbox Game Pass (for now, however, there is no confirmation).

Three new games and four expansions for titles already on the market will be presented during the event. Anyone who wants can follow him on Paradox’s YouTube and Twitch channels.

The announced games are developed by Colossal Order (Cities: Skylines), Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Trilogy, Battletech) and Paradox Tectonic, a new studio headed by veteran Rod Humble. Among the titles whose expansions will be announced, Crusader Kings III and Europa Universalis IV stand out.

Fredrik Wester, the CEO of Paradox Interactive, said about the event: “I don’t mean we have too many announcements to make, but it’s hard to decide which one excites me the most.” Wester also referred to the joy of being able to communicate directly with the community and not having to keep announcements a secret for much longer.

Of course, the collaboration with Xbox is also interesting, which certainly opens up the hypothesis of announcements relating to the Microsoft ecosystem, in particular to the aforementioned Xbox Game Pass.
Paradox-Interactive-Announcement-Show-750x422.jpg

New announcements and 3 new games, and the showcase will be presented by Xbox.

It's not clear what that means as Paradox did not elaborate, but it's likely there may be a couple exclusive releases, some exclusive content, and all games announced at the show may possibly all be on Game Pass.

There doesn't seem to be more detail but March 6 isn't long from now so not long to find out. I'm curious on the production of the three new yet to be announced titles.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Neat, unfortunately Paradox doesn’t make many games I’m interested in. But hopefully something interesting gets announced.

DaGwaphics

Just looked at their games list, outside of City Skylines I don't have much experience with their stuff either. I do like RTS and Strategy games though.

CamHostage

New announcements and 3 new games, and the showcase will be presented by Xbox.

It's not clear what that means as Paradox did not elaborate, but it's likely there may be a couple exclusive releases, some exclusive content, and all games announced at the show may possibly all be on Game Pass.

It's possible, but I don't think there will be any exclusive releases for Xbox out of this show?

Most things previously known from the company is multiplatform or PC (except for Cities VR for PSVR2, which is not on Xbox for obvious reasons,) and most Paradox games are PC products primarily with console releases as a bonus. (And I'm not sure they'd have the financial latitude to release a console version exclusively for one platform unless the incentive was really strong up front?)

Probably Xbox is hosting this for exposure, but also as you said, probably Game Pass would be a big part of this type of event? So I'd be surprised if there were exclusive games for Xbox, not surprised if there were GP deals or content or scheduled releases, and overall my guess is that Xbox's sponsorship will be more strategic rather than content-oriented, but I await to see what surprises are in store...

It's possible, but I don't think there will be any exclusive releases for Xbox out of this show?

Most things previously known from the company is multiplatform or PC (except for Cities VR for PSVR2, which is not on Xbox for obvious reasons,) and most Paradox games are PC products primarily with console releases as a bonus. (And I'm not sure they'd have the financial latitude to release a console version exclusively for one platform unless the incentive was really strong up front?)

Probably Xbox is hosting this for exposure, but also as you said, probably Game Pass would be a big part of this type of event? So I'd be surprised if there were exclusive games for Xbox, not surprised if there were GP deals or content or scheduled releases, and overall my guess is that Xbox's sponsorship will be more strategic rather than content-oriented, but I await to see what surprises are in store...

I mean nothing is stopping xbox for buying exclusivity, or timed exclusivity, Xbox will release on PC anyway.

Last edited:
I like Paradox games. At least, almost all of them. In general they have great depth and you can play them virtually forever. Wouldn’t expect anything exclusive announcements during their show, but I’ll take any Paradox games that are released on gamepass. If it’s just separate releases I’ll probably end up buying them on pc or the ps5

StereoVsn

Harebrained Studios is great, loved their Shadowrun and like their BattleTech games.

EU4 is possibly my most played game of all time. CK3 is good. Cities is best modern citu-builder.

This should be a good show.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping they reveal a new Shadowrun game but with real time combat instead of turn based.

Beechos

Their games are way too complicated for me , too. How about a rise of nations sequel are those devs still around?

Havoc2049

Just checked. I can’t say I’ve played a single game from Paradox.

Not for me.
Check out the Shadowrun Trilogy by Harebrained Schemes. The complete trilogy is on Game Pass. The first game is less than 20 hours long, so it's not a big time commitment to see if you like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom