• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Details E3 Plans

Wigdogger

- Phil Spencer doing his thing. Wants to start with games coming this year
- Gears 4 gameplay demo to kick things off, release date for November
- Recore gameplay footage, release date for October
- Below trailer, release date for July as a summer arcade headliner
- Battletoads announced from a small studio, trailer/footage, release date for August as a summer arcade headliner
- Titanfall 2 footage
- Forza Horizon 3 trailer/footage, release date for September
- Sea of Thieves gameplay footage, beta release date for September, full game in 2017
- Halo Wars trailer, release date for November
- Spencer back to talk games coming in 2017 and beyond
- Tacoma trailer
- Undead Labs new IP announced, trailer/footage, coming in 2017
- Scalebound trailer/footage, release date for March 2017
- Mass Effect: Andromeda footage
- New IP from Mistwalker announced, trailer/footage, coming in 2017
- Detail some extensive Windows features coming to Xbox One
- Xbox Slim announced for $299, coming in September
- Banjo-Kazooie announced from Rare as a secret project they've been working on, coming in 2017

Even thought a couple of your items won't happen, I think this is a fairly accurate "guess" as to what will likely go down. Probably sprinkle in more Wndows 10/Xbox fusion talk, as well as some back compat stuff and a bit of VR talk. But that's probably close.

jelly

I want to see what Recore is like. They are very secretive about it, is it a smaller digital title and they don't want to say.

Suppose they could tease Alan Wake and Halo 6 but that would be 2 years out for Halo and who knows for Wake.

Forza Horizon 3 maybe?

Something other than Pirates from Rare.

Undead Labs new game, big State of Decay or something else.

I don't think there will be much more than that on top of Gears, Halo Wars, Scalebound, first showing like Titanfall or something. Can't fit too much in 2 hours.

Zukkoyaki

Even thought a couple of your items won't happen, I think this is a fairly accurate "guess" as to what will likely go down. Probably sprinkle in more Wndows 10/Xbox fusion talk, as well as some back compat stuff and a bit of VR talk. But that's probably close.
I think so as well. Microsoft's last few conferences have been pretty predictable and formulaic but not in a bad way. We usually can guess about 80% what they're going to do at their conferences.

I only threw the Mistwalker prediction in because I feel like we're overdue for an "Oh shit!!" game announcement from Microsoft.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Expecting:

Sea of Thieves + New Rare Game
Recore
Crackdown beta
Scalebound
Killer Instinct General RAAM reveal
Forza
Two new IPs
Crimson Skies
Xbone Slim

HOPING:

Phantom Dust
Sunset Overdrive 2
Oculus/Xbox partnership stuff

So whatever the Rare Replay team was working on, plus Remasters or something.

Phantom Dust HD?

Wasn't the Rare Replay team basically ten guys? It was a side project, I doubt there is a Rare Replay team capable of doing a full game.

Expecting:

Gears of War 4 campaign mission
Sea of Thieves gameplay
Forza PGR reveal
Halo Wars 2 gameplay reveal
Re-Core gameplay
New Rare 3rd person action adventure trailer
Halo 6 teaser
Xbox One Slim (same specs)

Trup1aya

When they closed studios, announced no more third party buyouts of exclusives and kinda gave up when it became apparent XB1 was a lost cause.

What exactly do you expect them to release in 2017? It used to be trolling to say "lol just forza and halo" but looking at their studios, it genuinely might just be Forza 7 and a sideline Halo game. Coalition is doing Gears this fall, Rare is doing Sea of Thieves this fall, Mojang don't seem to do anything new and Lift London is Hololens.

Good thing they have Scalebound and Crackdown 3 (Isn't this 2016 as well?), but at this point last year we knew about 10+ exclusives coming 2016 and beyond. What's on the horizon come the end of this year? Do you really think we'll get a spattering of new second party exclusives?

Their trend has been to contract third party to develop games using their 1st party IPs and/or 3rd party exclusives. They don't need to own a ton of studios to nail down exclusives. It's actually probably a lot less risky to do business this way.

Examples:
Forza Horizon: Playground Games
Killer Instict: Double Helix, Iron Galaxy
Quantum Break: Remedy
Halo Wars 2: creative assembly
Crackdown 3: Reagent Games
Scalebound: Platinum Games
Recore: Comcept

It goes without saying that the unannounced games they have for 2016 are likely being developed by 3rd parties... Since we already know what their first parties are up to.

I bet 2017 will be the same, a MS footing the bill, contracting out work for IPs they own.

- Phil Spencer doing his thing. Wants to start with games coming this year
- Gears 4 gameplay demo to kick things off, release date for November
- Recore gameplay footage, release date for October
- Below trailer, release date for July as a summer arcade headliner
- Battletoads announced from a small studio, trailer/footage, release date for August as a summer arcade headliner
- Titanfall 2 footage
- Forza Horizon 3 trailer/footage, release date for September
- Sea of Thieves gameplay footage, beta release date for September, full game in 2017
- Halo Wars trailer, release date for November
- Spencer back to talk games coming in 2017 and beyond
- Tacoma trailer
- Undead Labs new IP announced, trailer/footage, coming in 2017
- Scalebound trailer/footage, release date for March 2017
- Mass Effect: Andromeda footage
- New IP from Mistwalker announced, trailer/footage, coming in 2017
- Detail some extensive Windows features coming to Xbox One
- Xbox Slim announced for $299, coming in September
- Banjo-Kazooie announced from Rare as a secret project they've been working on, coming in 2017

This is a pretty comprehensive list. Should be close to what we see. Although, I expect a monkey wrench zinger in there somewhere.

I want to see what Recore is like. They are very secretive about it, is it a smaller digital title and they don't want to say.

Suppose they could tease Alan Wake and Halo 6 but that would be 2 years out for Halo and who knows for Wake.

Forza Horizon 3 maybe?

I don't think there will be much more than that on top of Gears, Halo Wars, Scalebound, first showing like Titanfall or something. Can't fit too much in 2 hours.

Yeah exactly, they don't say a thing about it. And isn't it a rather small development team as well? Inafune and Armature right? And iirc they aren't very big. Plus Inafune is still busy on Mighty No 9? The fact that they haven't revealed a lot doesn't necessarily mean anything, because i believe Sony announced several new games as well and so far we haven't seen much on those as well? We'll find out when E3 happens.

Will it be 1.5 hours like always?

Forza Horizon 3 maybe?

Even harder to do it 90 minutes.

Zeta Oni

I wonder if 343 could do a single player expansion pack for Halo 5, maybe a campaign from the arbiters perspective or even continuing the story from 5. I do expect real DLC for Halo 5 at some point, and I'm sure it won't be multiplayer related.

I'd also like to really see them go back and fix the MCC, along with porting it over to W10 and adding crossplay. I understand it's a Frankenstein of a project, but Halo is xbox, to alot of people. The MCC needs to be reflective of that, and the state it's in isn't terrible, but its not where your premier legacy titles should be.

I'd also hope they get another partnership oppertunity with capcom. Maybe Dead Rising 4, maybe something else. I could see Dino Crisis being a great choice, maybe reboot lost planet.

Otogi 3. That's the real dream.

Chris1

When they closed studios, announced no more third party buyouts of exclusives and kinda gave up when it became apparent XB1 was a lost cause.

What exactly do you expect them to release in 2017? It used to be trolling to say "lol just forza and halo" but looking at their studios, it genuinely might just be Forza 7 and a sideline Halo game. Coalition is doing Gears this fall, Rare is doing Sea of Thieves this fall, Mojang don't seem to do anything new and Lift London is Hololens.

Good thing they have Scalebound and Crackdown 3 (Isn't this 2016 as well?), but at this point last year we knew about 10+ exclusives coming 2016 and beyond. What's on the horizon come the end of this year? Do you really think we'll get a spattering of new second party exclusives?
They never said no more third party exclusives and to the rest of your post.. have you seen Microsoft lineup? Only gears and sea of thieves is being developed by first party.. clearly they aren't having issues making these deals so why should they all of a sudden only have first party studios on 2017 games?

As for 2017 possibilities, just off the top of my head:
Halo 3 Anniversary
Dead Rising 4
Forza 7
State of Decay 2
Crackdown
Scalebound
Ori and the Blind Forest 2
Minecraft 2? would be 3 years since the acquisition

Indies etc.

I really hope we see something from Undead Labs, I enjoyed the heck out of State of Decay. Hopefully it will be a State of Decay style MMO, I would be all over that.

I'm expecting

-Halo Wars 2
-Recore
-Scalebound
-Some other Halo game for 2017 (possibly the new "story heavy first person shooter in an established Franchise" Certain Affinity was hiring for a while back?)
-Gears 4 singleplayer/horde
-Dead Rising 4
-Undead Labs game
-Sea Of Thieves
-Killer Instinct RAAM reveal
-Whatever Rares other project is
-Horizon 3
-Crackdown 3
-Ashen
-Below
-Inside

Hopes and Dreams

-Arbiter character action game developed by Platinum
-Phantom Dust
-Battletoads made by Yacht Club
-Ninja Gaiden 4 made by Oatmeal cookie with a non-rushed schedule
-Voodoo Vince 2
-Banjo Threeie

jelly

I wonder if 343 could do a single player expansion pack for Halo 5, maybe a campaign from the arbiters perspective or even continuing the story from 5. I do expect real DLC for Halo 5 at some point, and I'm sure it won't be multiplayer related.

I'd also like to really see them go back and fix the MCC, along with porting it over to W10 and adding crossplay. I understand it's a Frankenstein of a project, but Halo is xbox, to alot of people. The MCC needs to be reflective of that, and the state it's in isn't terrible, but its not where your premier legacy titles should be.

I'd also hope they get another partnership oppertunity with capcom. Maybe Dead Rising 4, maybe something else. I could see Dino Crisis being a great choice, maybe reboot lost planet.

Otogi 3. That's the real dream.

Totally with you there, I hope they have a mega update for it. Shouldn't be left as is. Perfect it and even make substantial changes that are totally different not just a fix.

I could go another Otogi for sure.

Trup1aya

I hope that 343i comes out and announces some SP DLC for H5. Maybe show what the hell Chief Blue Team was actually up to while we were stuck playing as Osiris... Give em a chance to redeem that story a bit.

Hell I'd even like to play as Arbiter during the Sanghelios. Allow us to fight against the infinitely more fun Covenant, instead of prometheans.

Compsiox

Banned
I hope that 343i comes out and announces some SP DLC for H5. Maybe show what the hell Chief Blue Team was actually up to while we were stuck playing as Osiris... Give em a chance to redeem that story a bit.

Hell I'd even like to play as Arbiter during the Sanghelios. Allow us to fight against the infinitely more fun Covenant, instead of prometheans.

This would never happen. Sorry.

Xumbrega

Banned
Great, I'm excited!

My predictions:

- Xbox Slim 299$ bundled with Gears of War 4 + All Gears BC
- Recore Gameplay, delayed to early 2017
- Gears of War 4 gameplay
- Sea of Thieves gameplay, early september launch
- Halo Wars 2 gameplay, early november launch
- Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock + more "big" games Backwards Compatible NOW!
- Forza Horizon 3 reveal, late september launch
- Titanfall 2 gameplay
- Mass Effect Andromeda gameplay
- something from Ubisoft
- Dead Rising 4
- Undead Labs New IP
- 2 New IP from third party studios
- Indie showcase, Ashen, Cuphead, Ghost of a Tale, Below, Tacoma
- Old MS IP revival

Pushed to Gamescom: Moon Studios new IP, Crackdown 3, Phantom Dust, Scalebound, Decisive Games reveal, some old rare ip revival.

shingi70

Banned
Sea of Thevives Beta starting today.

-New WRPG series either a Shadowrun game or something steampunk to contrast with Scakebounds fantasy setting.

-Banjo 3

-New Mechwarrior Entry.

Blinx the Time Sweeper X Quantum Break.

Voodoo Vince 2

Bsigg12

Crackdown is very likely going to be at E3 simply because the beta is supposed to be in the summer 2016. I can see Scalebound getting a huge push at Gamescom kinda like Quantam Break.

Ushay

Can't wait.

Really hoping to see new hardware announced, a system with some real firepower under the hood.

I think Gears of War 4 needs a big showing. Last year's teaser didn't set the world alight and while the MP may have inspired confidence among fans, I don't think they've done anything to really bring new players in.

It needs a blockbuster demo.

Montresor

Man, some of you have had some awesome ideas.

Halo 5 single player DLC would be a massive and welcome surprise

Same with Sunset Overdrive 2

And D4 Season 2...

Personally, for me it would be considered a successful E3 as long as Remedy announces a new game.

Chris1

Crackdown is very likely going to be at E3 simply because the beta is supposed to be in the summer 2016. I can see Scalebound getting a huge push at Gamescom kinda like Quantam Break.
I know I say this all the time, but they've never said it was a beta. I honestly think it's going to be F2P MP standalone with the story next year. When Microsoft purposely avoids using a word, you know they're doing it for a reason

Last year it was the Thursday before E3 (June 11th) where Phil Spencer put up the news post detailing a few of the games to expect at E3 and other games that would have their announcements pushed to Gamescom.

I wonder if they'll do a similar thing this year, splitting announcements between Gamesom and E3, and putting up a pre-E3 post giving some info on where we can expect to see more of already announced games (E3 or Gamescom).

I know I say this all the time, but they've never said it was a beta. I honestly think it's going to be F2P MP standalone with the story next year. When Microsoft purposely avoids using a word, you know they're doing it for a reason
Ya I was thinking this the other day too. Release MP seperately like some other games have been doing (see Elite Dangerous)

RoKKeR

Nice. They have a great software lineup for this year and next, excited to see some actual game play from a lot of these games.

Interested to see whether or not there is any new hardware shown, as the Neo will surely be dominating the conversation at E3. I could see a Slim being announced this year, MS sticking to that model until 2018 and then launching the next iteration of the console.

Chris1

Ya I was thinking this the other day too. Release MP seperately like some other games have been doing (see Elite Dangerous)

The wording of it is strange and is the real red flag but I think it makes too much sense business wise to make it F2P too.

F2P means everyone can play it and check it out which helps their goal here, and also helps their Azure business. F2P most likely comes with loads of microtransactions and for a game using all these Azure servers, it's probably more cost effective to have F2P with MTX than try to charge $60 or whatever for it next year alongside the campaign. As sad as it is, F2P with MTX is probably going to bring in more $ than a full priced Crackdown game.

Top Bottom