• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Execs on Forza 6: "No one getting disappointed"

Seeing as Forza 5 had less content than Forza 4 I can only see them improving with Forza 6, and since pretty much every single Forza game has been fantastic I actually believe them when they say no one will be dissapointed. I hope they include tracks from Forza 5 in 6 though, especially Nurburgring.

LoveCake

Night, Weather cycle in game.
Just two versions, a normal one & a Limited/Collectors Edition.
Zero retail specific DLC.
Zero day one DLC.
Loads of cars on the actual game disc.
A season pass announced in advance of the release & what the content is likely to be, ie NO rubbish car packs or release the cars as individual cars that you can just buy singly.

Anion

Things needed for me to be happy
- 400+ cars
- night
- rain
- include all the tracks that were previous Forzas but missing in F5

Things that would make me UBER happy
- snow
- no cardboard people. Would rather have people removed all together tbh...
- my God damn Porsches

Nice contribution there. *Sarcasm*
Thanks for contributing too brah
Just ignore it and don't give it satisfaction

QuikNez

- 400+ cars
- night
- rain

- snow
- my God damn Porsches

Great list, I'd add:
- More F1 cars
- Dynamic lighting
- Bring back a good city track, New York's tracks always got boring fast - a PGR-esque Tokyo track would be great

- 400+ cars
- night
- rain

- snow
- my God damn Porsches

Lets say they included all of these things you mentioned, how would the developers improve on Forza 6 then for a Forza 7? I feel like they pretty much have to hold themselves back from going all out on content and features just so they could keep producing sequels every 2 years.

What this game really needs is realistic engine and body tuning.
So not only them ugly forza spoilers with downforce. No i want more choices, i want drag racing parts so i can build 1500hp 2jz's and rb26/rb30's. I want 4rotor turbos with 1000 horses on low boost.
I want sr20's in the 1000hp and 4g63t with 1200hp. Also v8 twin turbo with 2000hp easy.
And i want the option to fatten up the rear tire for more grip.
If this game does the same as they did since fm2 soo that means almost no customalisation options on 80% of the cars then im passing on this game.
Im a fm fan since fm1 on the org xbox. And loved it. Fm2 is still my favorite one it was almost perfect for its time.
But since fm3 its all downhill...
With fm5 as the absolute bottom.. damn that game is boring :(

Anion

Lets say they included all of these things you mentioned, how would the developers improve on Forza 6 then for a Forza 7? I feel like they pretty much have to hold themselves back from going all out on content and features just so they could keep producing sequels every 2 years.
Oh I know exactly what you mean. I suppose it could end up like how f3 to f4 was in a way. Minor graphics improvements, few more tracks, and more cars. Personally, I would still be happy with that.

This could be alleviated if the Forza series became a three year cycle with FM, FH, and something else I would guess

What this game really needs is realistic engine and body tuning.
So not only them ugly forza spoilers with downforce. No i want more choices, i want drag racing parts so i can build 1500hp 2jz's and rb26/rb30's. I want 4rotor turbos with 1000 horses on low boost.
I want sr20's in the 1000hp and 4g63t with 1200hp. Also v8 twin turbo with 2000hp easy.
And i want the option to fatten up the rear tire for more grip.
If this game does the same as they did since fm2 soo that means almost no customalisation options on 80% of the cars then im passing on this game.
Im a fm fan since fm1 on the org xbox. And loved it. Fm2 is still my favorite one it was almost perfect for its time.

The physics in FM4 are way beyond 2, and 5 has the best on console. I don't know what game your looking for if you can't appreciate the improvements made to the actual driving.

Edit: Also do you mean widening the tires more? Because you can already change front and rear tire widths in the game.

What even?

Forza 4 is almost literally "Forza: Greatest Hits". There are more than 550 cars in that game by default, tons of tracks, and tons more tuning parts for almost every car. How is that in any way downhill from FM3?

And yet FM3 is considered the weakest of the series with 5 notably having the best driving of any.
Not by my standards.
Sure driving is better but thats almost an must if you make a new racing game.
But in game content and real inovations its really downhill since fm2.
Like i said i want more customalisation. Wide body kits with real brands in tuning.
I can go all night with making my wish list but i am doing it since forza 2....
And only thing from my lists crossed off is drag slicks. And only that they havve nailed since fm5... fm4 drag racing was amazingly bad :(

ICPEE

I honestly hope not. Why waste resources rendering a crowd in 3D when you're driving past it at 150 mph anyways? Cardboard cutouts of Dan Greenawalt are OK by me, especially if there's night and weather.
True. Resources would be better spent somewhere else. This goes for all racing games unless there are pit stops with mechanics buzzing around your car then a decent 3D model would do. I actually hope Forza 6 has fully simulated pitstops including actual mechanics working on the car at pitstops. That would be truely amazing.

Biker19

Banned
Pot, kettle, you get the picture.

Sure, keep bringing up the past like it means something. I'm sure that there's plenty of skeletons in your closet that you don't want people like me to look at.

You bump up two folk not contributing then get snarky with others?

It was their opinion. There are plenty of posters who also thought that it was PR fluff.

Not by my standards.
Sure driving is better but thats almost an must if you make a new racing game.
But in game content and real inovations its really downhill since fm2.
Like i said i want more customalisation. Wide body kits with real brands in tuning.
I can go all night with making my wish list but i am doing it since forza 2....
And only thing from my lists crossed off is drag slicks. And only that they havve nailed since fm5... fm4 drag racing was amazingly bad :(

It sounds like you want a drag racing simulator.

Certinty

Hopefully not, but then after FM5 I might just skip 6 and stick with Project CARS for sim racing goodness this year.

No it didn't.

If there was any disappointment it was from the lack of tracks, namely ones that were new additions to the more recent games at the time.

Exactly. I think MS was worried about shipping a 60-80 GB game at launch. I suspect that's why Sony held off on a next gen GT.

But now people are used to the larger game sizes, and external drives are cheap and easy to install. I expect that there will be plenty of tracks in the new game.

Anyone complaining about microtransactions didn't play the game. Credits were generous, and you didn't have to spend money to enjoy it at all.

GamerJM

Banned
Slim X1 + Forza 6 is in my future, I can't wait.

I hope not. Seriously why did Microsoft bundle 360s with Forza games? I don't give a shit about them either way. My fat came with Forza 2 and my slim came with Forza 3 and I hated both games. They should do a Halo bundle instead.

I'm so on the fence about whether I should get a racing sim this gen. They require so much time investment.

Hopefully not, but then after FM5 I might just skip 6 and stick with Project CARS for sim racing goodness this year.

Forza isn't sim, it's simcade with the focus being car ownership and customisation. pCARS is a through and through sim where you don't own any cars and the focus is motorsport, despite that exact word being in Forza's name. If you're only looking for sim then you won't get it from Forza, but likewise, if you're sick of sims, Forza might be refreshing to play.

The physics in FM4 are way beyond 2, and 5 has the best on console. I don't know what game your looking for if you can't appreciate the improvements made to the actual driving.

Edit: Also do you mean widening the tires more? Because you can already change front and rear tire widths in the game.
Offcourse the driving physics are better but if i want to race only i would go project cars or iracing or assetto corsa. Because they nail physics even better.
No i want to play a game and want too build special cars. Make wheelies eith cars who would in real life with same specs.

And i was talking about making the side walls on tires fatter like drag racing tires.
Not good for circuit racing but teally good for straight line racing :D
But allot of cars can do with a boost in rear tire width also ;)

Bgamer90

Banned
I hope not. Seriously why did Microsoft bundle 360s with Forza games? I don't give a shit about them either way. My fat came with Forza 2 and my slim came with Forza 3 and I hated both games. They should do a Halo bundle instead.

Halos gets special bundles (more expensive) due to the game already being system sellers. Forza isn't really a huge system seller but at the same time the bundles help to get new people into the series.

theWB27

Exactly. I think MS was worried about shipping a 60-80 GB game at launch. I suspect that's why Sony held off on a next gen GT.

But now people are used to the larger game sizes, and external drives are cheap and easy to install. I expect that there will be plenty of tracks in the new game.

Anyone complaining about microtransactions didn't play the game. Credits were generous, and you didn't have to spend money to enjoy it at all.

I could've sworn Dan said the game was lighter on content because they didn't want to ship cars/tracks that weren't next gen ready. As in...they could've ported over more stuff, but chose not to.

prefabbed hype for an anualised game, can you feel it guys?

Forza Motorsport isn't an annual game. Wrong thread?

One day an executive at Microsoft or Sony or Nintendo or something is going to get asked about an as yet unreleased game and go: "You know what? I played a preview build and thought it was pretty crappy. I wouldnt buy this if I was one of my consumers"

And then the world will fall apart :p

So best looking racer ever, dynamic weather, night time, every racing type, VR support, no microtransactions, free blowjob, and all DLC free?

It sounds like you want a drag racing simulator.
Well most of the time in fm5 i play drag racing indeed. But thats because of the lack of tracks. And somehow the game is boring. Drag racing is something i can do in a half hour and then im done and i turn on my ps4.

But i want a forza thats looks at whats aroud in the world of motorsport and addepts to it.
Look at the time attack cars. There are some absolutly amazing cars there with amazing power and downforce.
I want to see that. Its going really really quickly in tuning parts development.
Gtr's with 2000+hp is seen allot now.
Or galardos with 2000hp and more.
I want too create such beastly cars in forza.
But i guess im alone on this one...

Forza 5 is the first forza game I played. I enjoy it as a SIM racer although I feel the track variety is a little weak. Can long time forza fans explain why they dislike part 5?

Don't forget that the game needs to be completely free, and the free game has to come with a free Xbox One as well.

Not even a free 4k TV to hook it up to?

disappointed.gif

Top Bottom