• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Execs on Forza 6: "No one getting disappointed"

Hawk269

Ill buy Forza 6 when they stop with the bs dlc car packs, ridiculous. Meaning all cars will be included when the game releases and not held off for future car packs.

That won't happen man. Every racing game now has DLC cars. While it would be nice, it is not going to happen. I think the car count will be huge on what you get on the disk, but it is a racing game, they are going to have DLC cars.

QuikNez

lmao. Yeah, I think 3d crowds will be in, perhaps not as populated, but I hope they don't have the cardboard cutouts on the trackside. I am ok with the cutouts in the grandstands with a mix of 3d models like they did in Forza 5, but trackside, I really hope the ditch the cutouts in favor for 100% 3d crowds.

Anyone wonder if they are going to increase cars on track again? They have been increasing it with each version for the most part, but personally, I would prefer they stick to 16 and improve AA/IQ and 3d crowds.

I would rather have no crowds like good ol' PGR and have more detailed cars, tracks and lighting.

Fox Mulder

Ill buy Forza 6 when they stop with the bs dlc car packs, ridiculous. Meaning all cars will be included when the game releases and not held off for future car packs.

Racing games are full of licensing costs with numerous real world tracks and hundreds of real world cars. Dlc is just a business reality of games these days. The $60 we pay now is worth less than the past.

I have played forza for over a decade and really only buy one or two car packs per game since there's tons of cars in the base game already.

Balb

Selected quotes like this are how games get overhyped leading to serious backlash. Kind of a lame thing to do in my opinion.

chugen

forza 5 doesn't even have the features that gt6 has. oh right, sorry you have the livery editor which is a game-changer.

what use is having 3-4 games come out when even its latest entry can't even do time of day or weather or a track creator? or are you content at broad daylight, dry-tracked racing every time?

it was pretty useful to have a racing game day one

Well Forza will always disappoint me as it isn't an arcade style racing game that plays like Midnight Club and Burnout.... But I hope it doesn't for others

:(

Blueblur1

I'm not a Forza fan but I'm familiar with what happened and even I wouldn't trust what they said. I'll believe it when I see it.

EBreda

Live the Forza series and I'm sure F6 will probably be the best entry yet. Hopefully the advances that Playground added to the engine are gonna be used by Turn 10.

I'd would really like to have better racing strategy and pit stops as well. And free driving on online sessions to warm up while everyone else joins. And proper qualifying.

Anyway, Forza never disappoints me.

Yiazmat

Really hoping they add in dynamic lighting.

I can see them adding weather before dynamic lighting, it would be easier. Didn't AC Unity had cloud simulation and rain even with it's prebaked lighting? To have dynamic tod I think they would have to change their entire lighting system.

But who knows, maybe they'll surprise everyone and add both.

Helios if you're listening please fix the main menu and menu system. It just isn't user friendly and lacks inspiration. Also, can we incorporate Forza Rewards into the game so I don't have to exit and go to the website?

I'm 100% fine with the cutout spectators. They still looked good to me. Spend resources elsewhere. Like real rear view mirrors.

Just thinking through it, that must be a nightmare to implement.

Anion

Helios if you're listening please fix the main menu and menu system. It just isn't user friendly and lacks inspiration. Also, can we incorporate Forza Rewards into the game so I don't have to exit and go to the website?
There is an Xbox one app. Or do you go onto the website using the console browser?

I can see them adding weather before dynamic lighting, it would be easier. Didn't AC Unity had cloud simulation and rain even with it's prebaked lighting? To have dynamic tod I think they would have to change their entire lighting system.

But who knows, maybe they'll surprise everyone and add both.

I think weather (rain in particular) has to be accounted for in the simulation model.

Fox Mulder

There is an Xbox one app? Or do you go onto the website using the console browser?

There's an app, but it's still a little clunky having to leave the game and do it at all. Maybe the intention is to get you to see the other content in the app though.

Welfare

Not even a free 4k TV to hook it up to?

disappointed.gif

4K?

I was told the Xbox One was beta tested in the future. 8K TV or bust.

My main beef with Forza was the lack of tracks and the ridiculous load times which really hampered my enjoyment of the game. I'm used to career mode feeling a little sterile so that didn't bother me too much.

The driving itself was fantastic and that's the most important part, caning F1 cars round Spa and the Nurburgring is so good.

Great list, I'd add:
- More F1 cars
- Dynamic lighting
- Bring back a good city track, New York's tracks always got boring fast - a PGR-esque Tokyo track would be great

YES. Downtown Tokyo at night needs to happen.

ShamePain

Banned
The jump from Forza 5 to 6 should be pretty significant if last gen is anything to go by. Realistically I'm expecting a good amount of tracks/cars and improved physics. The forza fanboy in me is hoping for night/weather, but I don't know if they can pull it off on Xbone at 60 fps.

Drivatars are shit really. They need an option to turn them off because I don't want career races to look like online multiplayer. They're god awful at race starts, which ruins a 3 lap race.

You just need to ramp up the difficulty. There are plenty of a fantastic drivatars out there that drive like humans that know how to race.

ShamePain

Banned
forza 5 doesn't even have the features that gt6 has. oh right, sorry you have the livery editor which is a game-changer.

what use is having 3-4 games come out when even its latest entry can't even do time of day or weather or a track creator? or are you content at broad daylight, dry-tracked racing every time?

GT5/6 don't even have cockpits in all the cars, with direct ports of PS2 cars and tracks. And Yamauchi has already said they will remain in GT7. Enjoy your ps2 content in a ps4 game in 2020.

TechOne

Day one buy for me if Forza 6 has more cars and tracks at launch than Forza 5.

Shit, the only reason I haven't sold my 360 yet is because I still play Forza 4 over 5. Don't disappoint me, MS.

Hawk269

My main beef with Forza was the lack of tracks and the ridiculous load times which really hampered my enjoyment of the game. I'm used to career mode feeling a little sterile so that didn't bother me too much.

The driving itself was fantastic and that's the most important part, caning F1 cars round Spa and the Nurburgring is so good.

YES. Downtown Tokyo at night needs to happen.

Lack of tracks was almost everyone's beef with Forza 5. While it is still a fantastic game, the lack of tracks was to me the biggest flaw in the game. I am hopeful/expecting that Forza 6 will resolve the issue. Even with the DLC tracks they had for F5, I still felt it needed at least 6 more tracks.

Oh, I don't count Test Track or stuff like that, I actually don't even like those type, so I hope they are not part of F6. Bring back Maple Valley, Fuji Kaido, Blue Mountain, Rio etc.

NeoGIF

If they can bring back all the race tracks from 3 and 4 that they left out in Forza Motorsport 5, then I will take their word for it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

They can keep it up if it means more free track dlc. FM 5 delivered on that nicely

HeliosT10

You can also redeem your rewards via the Forza rewards app.

lem0n

As long as they tweak the handling to be more like F4 and include the Nurburgring on disc, im a happy dude.

Fox Mulder

Lack of tracks was almost everyone's beef with Forza 5. While it is still a fantastic game, the lack of tracks was to me the biggest flaw in the game. I am hopeful/expecting that Forza 6 will resolve the issue. Even with the DLC tracks they had for F5, I still felt it needed at least 6 more tracks.

Oh, I don't count Test Track or stuff like that, I actually don't even like those type, so I hope they are not part of F6. Bring back Maple Valley, Fuji Kaido, Blue Mountain, Rio etc.

I'm not even worried about tracks since they'll have that covered.

I'm glad they made the hard choice to cut content to upgrade to this generation, something like GT using ps2 assets is awful to me.

I'm more interested in stuff like weather or night racing for F6.

I think the whole point of Forza rewards is so you visit their website and possibly also look at their other Forzas / purchasable content. You get more Forza Reward points for completing more things in more games. It would defeat the purpose if they just handed you the rewards immediately in game.

Cavalier

Banned
I hope they push the graphics this time around. Make it 900p I really don't care. Ryse is still the best looking game for this console right next to AC Unity. First party gotta step up to the plate graphical wise.

Imo the Forza every year thing is a bad idea
(I know FH and FMS are different style racers)

I feel theyre racing high-speed towards series fatigue

Bgamer90

Banned
Imo the Forza every year thing is a bad idea
(I know FH and FMS are different style racers)

I feel theyre racing high-speed towards series fatigue

I don't see the problem. Different teams, different play styles, different presentations, etc.

The only reason why it's viewed as a "problem" is because they share the Forza name and really nothing more. Would the complaint be about "too many MS racing games!" if Forza Horizon was called "Racing Horizon"?

GHG

"from what I've seen"

Ok, so what if you're a casual racing fan who prefers arcade games, short races, bumpercar AI and doesn't like night racing or weather? I'm sure you would have said the same about Forza 5 then in that case.

Spill the beans or keep quiet.

leobebes

Banned
The usual suspects on here with the usual brand-flavored cynicism.

Every pub and dev out there, if they've been interviewed about one of their upcoming projects will always speak glowingly. What we have here is a user, on a user-generated video games news website, post said article about Forza devs being excited about the game they created.

So why the cynicism? I get people talking about slight disappointment with DLC or lack of content in FM5, but anything beyond that raises eyebrows.

Earlier in this thread there was someone who shall remain nameless, that has come out and blatantly said they hate MS and everything they represent. So why waste your time coming into a thread regarding marketing fluff about an MS exclusive?

GHG

The usual suspects on here with the usual brand-flavored cynicism.

Every pub and dev out there, if they've been interviewed about one of their upcoming projects will always speak glowingly. What we have here is a user, on a user-generated video games news website, post said article about Forza devs being excited about the game they created.

So why the cynicism? I get people talking about slight disappointment with DLC or lack of content in FM5, but anything beyond that raises eyebrows.

Earlier in this thread there was someone who shall remain nameless, that has come out and blatantly said they hate MS and everything they represent. So why waste your time coming into a thread regarding marketing fluff about an MS exclusive?

Because Forza 5 was a huge disappointment for many of us?

So is Forza biannual at this point? It makes sense for a racing series, you'd think the audience for these games would be similar to the audience for sports games. Wonder why Sony hasn't been able to do this with Gran Turismo.

Bgamer90

Banned
Imru’ al-Qays;153279878 said:
So is Forza biannual at this point? It makes sense for a racing series, you'd think the audience for these games would be similar to the audience for sports games.

Yep (Motorsport). Been this way since 2007.

Top Bottom