• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Execs on Forza 6: "No one getting disappointed"

Leflus

Imru’ al-Qays;153279878 said:
So is Forza biannual at this point? It makes sense for a racing series, you'd think the audience for these games would be similar to the audience for sports games. Wonder why Sony hasn't been able to do this with Gran Turismo.
Forza Motorsport has been biannual since the beginning.

EatMyFace

Banned
That's some great PR. No way this can bite them in the ass in a few months.
Imru’ al-Qays;153279878 said:
So is Forza biannual at this point? It makes sense for a racing series, you'd think the audience for these games would be similar to the audience for sports games. Wonder why Sony hasn't been able to do this with Gran Turismo.
Forza is an annual franchise.

leobebes

Banned
That's some great PR. No way this can bite them in the ass in a few months.

Forza is an annual franchise.

Please don't force me to dig up every piece of PR fluff regarding every big name release of every game that has been released over the past five years.

Okay, I found one:

"Over on the PlayStation Blog, Shu talked about Bloodborne, and why some games were seemingly missing from the show:

“It’s an amazing experience. It’s beautiful, It’s big and it’s scary, and there’s a lot of blood. It’s so, so awesome.

We wanted to show a lot more, but you know how PR goes.”

My experience with Bloodborne better not be just 'great', it has to be amazing, or it's gonna bite Shu in the ass.

wapplew

its hard to make driving sim disappointing these days.
All you need is enough content with beautiful graphic and good driving physic.

You can also redeem your rewards via the Forza rewards app.

I think the whole point of Forza rewards is so you visit their website and possibly also look at their other Forzas / purchasable content. You get more Forza Reward points for completing more things in more games. It would defeat the purpose if they just handed you the rewards immediately in game.

Yeah, I missed that somehow. I like seeing the content, I just wish it were a part of the games OS, maybe pulling the content directly from the web. Obviously this would work online only. No big deal, just a wish list thing.

The menu overhaul I'd like though. I want to quickly be able to jump into Circuit, Garage, Time trials, Leaderboards. Livery Editor and tuning should all be part of the Garage. And give us a nice house we can add our trophies and cars to. Remember PGRs garage? Remember how you could play geometry wars in it? That was dope. Wish listing here - I know many will disagree!

I don't see the problem. Different teams, different play styles, different presentations, etc.

The only reason why it's viewed as a "problem" is because they share the Forza name and really nothing more. Would the complaint be about "too many MS racing games!" if Forza Horizon was called "Racing Horizon"?

I'm pretty sure you just repeated everything I said in my comment.

But anyway, yes, I think it would be better to not have the Forza brand on both racers.

Bgamer90

Banned
I'm pretty sure you just repeated everything I said in my comment.

I didn't really. Only part I really stated again was about the styles.

But anyway, yes, I think it would be better to not have the Forza brand on both racers.

I don't see why it's a problem. As long as the games continue on being solid then who cares. The "fatigue" that would be created for some people is pretty much a just psychological pet peeve because of the games using the same name.

Jamesways

Tracks, tracks, tracks.

Include a larger roster of tracks and I'll be happy.

It'd be nice if they put more emphasis on actual motorsport, but I know that's not the main concern of the franchise. Forza MS is a lot of different things for a lot of different people, and I understand that.
But still, some endurance racing and pit strategy would be nice.

cbox

It doesn't matter if I've been disappointed in the past. But I've been equally as excited for every new forza ever since I saw the first trailer back on the xbox. There's something about this series that's just in my blood.

I didn't really. Only part I really stated again was about the styles.

I don't see why it's a problem. As long as the games continue on being solid then who cares. The "fatigue" that would be created for some people is pretty much a just psychological pet peeve because of the games using the same name.

Just to clarify this has nothing to do with the style, or quality of the game

Maybe "brand fatigue" is the proper term, all i'm saying is from my perspective, its too much "Forza".

Understandably, well informed Forza fans wouldn't see it that way.

Majanew

Banned
I'm very excited to see FM6 running. Can't wait to see the improvements and to see if night racing or weather has been added. FM5 was very solid and I was happy with it as a launch game.

Maybe "brand fatigue" is the proper term, all i'm saying is from my perspective, its too much "Forza".

I agree. I believe MS should have went with a different name.

Azzawon

Looking forward to this game. They already have the laser-scanned circuit data from Forza 5 so only have to build upon that for this game (as well as add new features of course). Would it be too much to ask for if we had a near-double amount of tracks in Forza 6? At least 30?

Majanew

Banned
Looking forward to this game. They already have the laser-scanned circuit data from Forza 5 so only have to build upon that for this game (as well as add new features of course). Would it be too much to ask for if we had a near-double amount of tracks in Forza 6? At least 30?

I'm with you. No need to model all the turd vehicles nobody wants to use, just work on more tracks. Never enough.

A bigger Forza 5 would be enough, not getting excited about new features or a more motorsports focused direction, keeping an eye on pCARS for that.

Don't go for 3D crowds though, half filled stands look lamer than the odd close up of a 2D guy, most circuits you couldn't tell the difference.

cakely

I suspect that people looking at games at retail see the words "Forza" on green box with a pretty picture of a car on it and that's all they need to see.

Obviously, GAF members are a bit more discerning than that.

I just really hope there are no more excuses for not having weather and night racing this time around. I have a strong feeling (and I HOPE I am wrong) that we won't get either.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
No microtransactions confirmed then?

The real disappointment of Forza 5 came from all the in-game purchases that really killed a lot of enthusiasm for it.

So no obnoxious microtransactions or....?

When were the microtransactions obnoxious.
I can show you gameplay of Forza 5 right now and you wont find the microtransactions obnoxious.

Can you guys do the same for me.
Show me some gameplay clips of obnoxious microtransactions preferable directly from ur Xboxes cuz ill record gameplay right now.

Massa

When were the microtransactions obnoxious.
I can show you gameplay of Forza 5 right now and you wont find the microtransactions obnoxious.

Can you guys do the same for me.
Show me some gameplay clips of obnoxious microtransactions preferable directly from ur Xboxes cuz ill record gameplay right now.

When you record your gameplay you could do it with the Lotus E21. It's a beautiful car. You know, the one they gifted players for free to apologize for the issues you're pretending the game never had.

psn

When you record your gameplay you could do it with the Lotus E21. It's a beautiful car. You know, the one they gifted players for free to apologize for the issues you're pretending the game never had.

94IJM3V.jpg

Black_Stride

The microtransactions werent the issue.
It was the economy, players won too little in game credit and cars cost too much.

Never were the Microtransaction in your face to the point of frecking the game.
And after the economy patch which happened very very early in the ames lifecycle i dont see how Forza 5s microtransactions were still bad.

But i still await the gameplay clips......also considering Forza Rewards, cars are not an issue right now.

The game didn't have issues though where the MT affecting gameplay is concerned. I think it was even shown that cars were in fact cheaper relative to earlier Forza's. T10 felt they had to drop an E21 to all VIP to counter-act the hyperbolic knuckle draggers on the web.

Ironically, dropping cara such as the E21 on everyone only goes someway to skew the in-game economy. Grinding has always been an aspect of theae games and by dropping the best car on the majority of people they neutered that aspect.

psn

It was the economy, players won too little in game credit and cars cost too much.

Hmm... How do you come to the conclusion, that the microtransactions werent the issue? If the players won too little and the cars were too expensive to unlock by playing... Don't you think it was a kind of nudge towards those microtransactions?

Black_Stride

Hmm... How do you come to the conclusion, that the microtransactions werent the issue? If the players won too little and the cars were too expensive to unlock by playing... Don't you think it was a kind of nudge towards those microtransactions?

Grind.
Play harder, people just wanted to unlock the more expensive cars super early....at which point the option to use MTs was there.
But T10 listened to all the people bitching about never being able to afford the Ferrari 250GTO so they "fixed" the economy by reducing prices and increasing winnings.

And ofcourse there was Forza Rewards.....i got more cash from Forza Rewards than i knew what to do with.

I never used MTs at all, and they werent obnoxious because they were literally one line, just one line.....but again i await gameplay of obnoxious MTs

eso76

2 and 3 launched under similar circumstances and the leap was huge in terms of content and visuals, so heh.

Leak

Can someone match for me the moment where Greenberg confirms F6 to come this year? I can't hear the podcast right now and I read somewhere that Greenberg wasn't who spoke about release moment, but the interviewer.

At the moment, no one from Microsoft said nothing about F6 coming in 2015, and Xbox main page shows Halo 5, Quantum Break and other announced exclusives coming this year but Forza 6. In addition, Horizon 2 was on 2014 and F5 just was realeased 2 years ago... Everyone knows that F5 is an F6 early alpha, but it doesn't take just 2 years to add clymatology, night, an upstanding number of circuits and cars and pretty looking graphics (because Forza 5 had nothing of this stuff).

Cyborg

I must admit they are pushing Forza games realy hard! I feel they are bringing every year a new Forza game.

How is it possible Sony cant counter this?

Stevey

Looking forward to it, all it needs is more tracks than 5, bring back Suzuka in particular and I'll be happy.

eso76

Holy fuck at people still not getting that Forza Motorsport games were always biannual and that Forza Horizon is a different series from a different developer (also biannual).

leeh

Never were the Microtransaction in your face to the point of frecking the game.
And after the economy patch which happened very very early in the ames lifecycle i dont see how Forza 5s microtransactions were still bad.

But i still await the gameplay clips......also considering Forza Rewards, cars are not an issue right now.
I'm with you.

I honestly didn't understand the outrage around it. I spent a lot of hours in FM5 on release and managed to get the Lotus, P1 etc without much work. I play with all assists off which gives you a credit boost which mitigates the grinding.

If you was good at racing, you progressed quicker and earned cars faster. People wan't too much handed on a plate these days, and blamed it on microtransactions.

Mendax

Holy fuck at people still not getting that Forza Motorsport games were always biannual and that Forza Horizon is a different series from a different developer (also biannual).

refl if you are using that as an argument than COD and AC also arent annual franchises

refl if you are using that as an argument than COD and AC also arent annual franchises

Those two franchises target the same genre, though. There's a distinction alone between the simulation and non-sim aspects of Motorsport versus Horizon and the different targets within racing genre they are aimed towards.

Leflus

Those two franchises target the same genre, though. There's a distinction alone between the simulation and non-sim aspects of Motorsport versus Horizon and the different targets within racing genre they are aimed towards.
Not to mention the fact that Horizon is open world while Motorsport is track based.

Call me when Activision makes one of their yearly CODs an open world game or Ubisoft make's one of their ACs a linear game.

Mascot

Stay tuned on that one. There will be lots of Forza news to come, and Turn 10 in particular is good at communicating with the community when they have stuff to talk about. From what I’ve seen, no one is gonna be disappointed about that game.

I would be disappointed if I can't use my Fanatec rig.

Ergo: Fanatec support confirmed.

Or, that bloke is a lying pissflap.

eso76

They have 2 or multiple years dev cycles and different developers, yeah, but you can still argue that cod x+1 is a proper sequel to cod x while motorsport and horizon are 2 different games.

I must admit they are pushing Forza games realy hard! I feel they are bringing every year a new Forza game.

How is it possible Sony cant counter this?

I like it bi-annual to be honest. It keeps the games fresh and gives something to look for racing fans. GT games take way too long to come.

Turn 10 are doing an excellent job with the Forza franchise. I love Forza 5, i just want custom soundtracks because that music in Forza 5 is annoying.

So they will give us:

Night racing with 24h clock on every track
Weather on every track
Proper drag racing
Dirt/Snow
Proper pit stops
and motorcycles?

Watch me be disappointed.

Helznicht

So they will give us:

Weather on every track
Proper drag racing
Dirt/Snow
Proper pit stops
and motorcycles?

Ohh forgot about pit stops.

So:

VR Integration
Rally Racing
Weather
Day and Night Racing
and Pit Stops with long races

Awesome.

Stevey

So they will give us:

Weather on every track
Proper drag racing
Dirt/Snow
Proper pit stops
and motorcycles?

Night racing would be cool, 24hr clock not needed.
Weather is a must.
Drag racing I can take it or leave it.
Dirt/snow-no thanks- I want circuit racing from Forza, not rally.
Pit stops-yes.
Motorcycles- not a chance.
Just my opinion.

Motorcycles need to be in a standalone game where I can use Kinect to train my drivatar to make a "wanker" gesture whenever it overtakes someone.

It would be a nice surprise if a developer/publisher stepped away from microtransactions. Currency/xp grinds should have a good reason for being there. If they can be skipped, then they shouldn't exist in the first place.

Top Bottom