• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox inviting Xbox Members to test out the March Update (don't beg for invites)

see5harp

Really glad that there's so much integration with your friends and Twitch. That just goes to show you that the whole "app" argument is silly. As long as MS has built those hooks into the OS where app developer have the tools to access all of the low level console features, there's no issue for me as long as it's fast and easy.

I see that they addressed the whole friends list concern I had earlier with the huge button going straight to friends, which is nice. Stuff like your avatar, your favorite color and stuff wasn't even important, and I'm glad that stuff is now secondary. I've been critical of MS as of late but I have to give them credit. The fixes are coming faster than I expected.

Dlacy13g

update rolled out this morning and... It includes my most wanted option for the Xbox One since day one....turn off hand gestures while watching video. It was annoying when it popped up randomly and had me putting a privacy shield on the cam which defeated much of the cool factor of auto sign-in. I now feel Kinect does only the things I want it to which are: facial recognition, controller user recognition, voice commands, and any game use.

Props to MS for realizing this really was an issue that needed an option to turn it off.

Dlacy13g

I would really appreciate it if someone made a full change log.

Here is a bit of the changes from Gearnuke site:

• You can update controller through USB
  • You now have an option under Kinect that says ” Turn hand cursor off while watching video
  • Tutorials about gestures and voice commands are in the settings menu
  • A ” show all other notifications” option under NOTIFICATIONS (hopefully this means we will be able to see if friends come online)
  • Everything just seems FASTER!
  • OPTICAL and HDMI audio settings have an option for “BITSTREAM OUT” (no idea what it is. IIT gives you an option between DTS Digital Surround and Dolby DigitalFriends APP is much improved. Can see online friends first, recent players and a FAVORITES option.
  • “XBOX, BROADCAST” for TWITCH is in but not turned on yet. If you say it, it only opens the Twitch app but no broadcast yet.

http://gearnuke.com/xbox-one-beta-f...nds-list-allows-controller-updatethrough-usb/

• You now have an option under Kinect that says ” Turn hand cursor off while watching video
  • A ” show all other notifications” option under NOTIFICATIONS (hopefully this means we will be able to see if friends come online)
  • OPTICAL and HDMI audio settings have an option for “BITSTREAM OUT” (no idea what it is. IIT gives you an option between DTS Digital Surround and Dolby DigitalFriends APP is much improved. Can see online friends first, recent players and a FAVORITES option.
  • “XBOX, BROADCAST” for TWITCH is in but not turned on yet. If you say it, it only opens the Twitch app but no broadcast yet.

http://gearnuke.com/xbox-one-beta-f...nds-list-allows-controller-updatethrough-usb/

I would also add that you can turn on 50hz for the TV, and Dolby Digital is available over optical.

All according to reddit.

malfcn

About to get up, go downstairs and see if my xbox pulled the update. Then I will have to see if I have a cable for the controller.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Wait, You can submit friends for the update?

GT: Calm Killer

If still available.

Krakatoa

Wow it looks like they are checking of the issue list. Well done MS!!

I would appreciate it if someone could refer me for the beta. thx

GT : Crazziee

Mr.Green

Have they added Dolby Digital support to the optical audio out?

It currently only supports Stereo and DTS and my Turtle Beach XP500 doesn't accept DTS.

Daffy Duck

It currently only supports Stereo and DTS and my Turtle Beach XP500 doesn't accept DTS.

It appears so, it is now an option to choose Dolby Digital when you select bitstream out under Optical out.

Bsigg12

I got the update this morning. What's this about updating controllers?

Controllers have their own firmware. Pull the batteries out and plug the controller into the system with a micro USB cord. I think you have to have the system powered off then turn on to initiate the update.

Controllers have their own firmware. Pull the batteries out and plug the controller into the system with a micro USB cord. I think you have to have the system powered off then turn on to initiate the update.

I just dived in and updated both controllers with the batteries still in and headsets not plugged in. That probably was a stupid idea but my controllers are fine. LOL

Yama

By far my favorite part of the update. Between this and my chat adapter having been shipped, I'll actually have functioning XP500's again. It was enough to feel bitter for a while there.

I just dived in and updated both controllers with the batteries still in and headsets not plugged in. That probably was a stupid idea but my controllers are fine. LOL

I think you're all right because battery inserted or not, the controller is treated as full wired when plugged in unlike the 360's. I would definitely pull the batteries in the future though, just to be on the safe side.

Bsigg12

Haha I was just trying to recite the process Albert said a week or two ago about it. But hey if it works.

I thought I remember Phil spencer saying all u had to do was re sync the controller with the system and it will update over the air. Does it actually say wired?

Why would you pull the batteries out?

I got the update this morning. What's this about updating controllers?

Go into the system settings, you'll see an update controller option. Connect the controller via micro USB( any recent non apple smart phone) cable and begin it should take 90 sec.

Yama

Anyone on the East Coast get this yet? Just making sure, I have my console in stand by mode and haven't received it yet. The app says I'm registered to and whatnot.

Speaking of updates, I'd like to be able to install them manually (or at least to check manually). This sitting around waiting for the golden ticket thing is for the birds.

malfcn

Reading the Preview forums, I learned that rechargeable batteries aren't recommended. Only official or regular AA. Odd.

Bsigg12

Reading the Preview forums, I learned that rechargeable batteries aren't recommended. Only official or regular AA. Odd.

I wonder if there is a legitimate reason or if Microsoft is just pushing their battery pack (which is quite good this time around).

pixlexic

Banned
I don't know if this matters or not but if you are waiting fir the updated I would make sure all games and apps are OFF. As in you have to manual quit them on the dashboard.

MCD

Awesome.

Thanks.

Top Bottom