• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox inviting Xbox Members to test out the March Update (don't beg for invites)

I'm just excited to see where they keep going. Remember the 360?

Started with this
xboxscreen008.jpg

My god that was so awful.

danwarb

What's the update process? I got a code, but now it just says "Loading, please wait...". Doesn't seem to be doing anything.

What's the update process? I got a code, but now it just says "Loading, please wait...". Doesn't seem to be doing anything.

It's just like the previous ones. It gets sent when the console is in a low power state. Start up the console and you see the green installation bar.

Yama

To boring for me. I actually like it more now. Ads don't bug me. I think in canada we get less or something cause I barely notice other then maybe a trailer to a movie

I hated the design aesthetically and much preferred the NXE. In short though, it had less ads and no avatars, something I was never too fond of and felt clogged up the experience. Otherwise though, yeah, your point stands. Evolution is a beautiful thing. It's good to see they're on the right track now, definitely improving.

sangreal

maybe someone should make a new thread with the list of fixes that have been found because this one is turning into "is X fixed?" over and over

Has anyone here tried out the surround over optical in the beta on a pair of a50's? My a50's are sweating with anticipation but alas I did not get a beta invitation. :'(

Caayn

Is there a way to customize the " X Friends online, X Broadcasting, X Favorites online"? I'm only interested in seeing how many friends there are online, so I only want to see that one but it keeps cycling with the others :(

And still no real changes to the friends system :( Was hoping for the return of the Xbox 360 friends system.
Has anyone here tried out the surround over optical in the beta on a pair of a50's? My a50's are sweating with anticipation but alas I did not get a beta invitation. :'(
My home cinema set receives Dolby Digital 5.1 with the new update. It should be the same for any device that's DD capable when it goes live.

derFeef

Optical audio does not work for me. Reciever is recognizing it and switches from DTS to Dolby if I do on the console ... but there is no audio coming out of it...

derFeef

Did you change the audio settings on the Xone ?

Sure, like I said, reciever recognizes DTS or Dolby depending on the setting on the Xbox ... but it's just silent.
edit: Also tried with my Turtle Beach and a different cable - same thing.
I will let them know on the forums.

A Google Play esque app store scares me. There is just too much shit to sift through to find anything good.
I concur, but I meant more about their instance about what they let in on the store (meaning emulators and media player apps with networking and hardware acceleration for every codec known to man)

We'll see Cortana become a major part of the Xbox One, just not for a year or 2. They are rolling it out to Windows Phone first and it sounds ok, but given a year or so of interaction with users and more development focused on Windows 8.1+ and Xbox One, it could be something special.
Agreed, but they need something to fill the gap until there too. My main problem with voice commands on xbone is having to say the exact correct one, and not just having a normal conversation. If they ever solve that. Damn, it would be amazing!

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but play while you install came with this update.
While I was re-installing Garden Warfare I was able to play at 24%.
BUT.....it felt like it took longer to get at 24% thank it took to completely install yesterday pre update :(

sangreal

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but play while you install came with this update.
While I was re-installing Garden Warfare I was able to play at 24%.
BUT.....it felt like it took longer to get at 24% thank it took to completely install yesterday pre update :(

? Play while installing was around since day one

forza allowed me to race in the first set of league races at about 24% install also, it's one of those things microsoft did good with installs, ps4 does the same thing I believe.

Alx

Each game has a different threshold on installation progress to let the player start playing, you probably didn't notice until then because the games you played required an almost complete installation and it didn't make much difference.

Mr.Green

Each game has a different threshold on installation progress to let the player start playing, you probably didn't notice until then because the games you played required an almost complete installation and it didn't make much difference.

Ryse was ready to play at around 4% I think...

I am not a fan of the new Friends list/app. It's slow and laggy.

It didn't seem any laggier than the last one for me but it's still laggy for sure. I like that you don't have to press a button again for sorting. You just hover over favorites or followers and it auto loads it to the right.

Top Bottom