• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox inviting Xbox Members to test out the March Update (don't beg for invites)

What was today's update for?

From the Preview forums:
◾Fix for sign-in failing that requires system restart
◾IE and Bing not launching in non-English locales
◾Controller firmware not updating with chat headset plugged in
◾Messages are too easy to delete by accident since the Delete button is highlighted by default when opening a message (instead of Close button)

well, I received the first pm with the code, which I redeemed 2-3 hours ago, now what? I've read I should receive other pm and some hours later the console will get the update, is that right?

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
well, I received the first pm with the code, which I redeemed 2-3 hours ago, now what? I've read I should receive other pm and some hours later the console will get the update, is that right?
I had to wait around 48 hrs after d/l the app before I got the update, you'll also get another message from xbox live.

Jezehbell

A nice guy helped me and it's look like the beta update is only available with english language. So i changed my settings from french to english and the code worked.

racist.gif

But i have no idea if the update will be available if i put my settings on french again.

link1201

I noticed my Xbox One Updated again this morning. This was a day after I got the beta update.... was anything changed? I did not have a chance to check because of work.

Lima

I noticed my Xbox One Updated again this morning. This was a day after I got the beta update.... was anything changed? I did not have a chance to check because of work.

From the Preview forums:
◾Fix for sign-in failing that requires system restart
◾IE and Bing not launching in non-English locales
◾Controller firmware not updating with chat headset plugged in
◾Messages are too easy to delete by accident since the Delete button is highlighted by default when opening a message (instead of Close button)

Xone9

Banned
got the second update today...

all is good...

i wish they would have those notification pop-ups like on the 360 when one of your fav friends pops online....

m23

got the second update today...

all is good...

i wish they would have those notification pop-ups like on the 360 when one of your fav friends pops online....

Looks like it's coming back.

According to Polygon Notifications is also coming in March.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/28/5456410/twitch-xbox-one-vs-ps4-streaming
The March update that delivers Twitch will also bring back toasts to the Xbox, the little notification pop-ups that tell you when a friend is online. And, Gibson said, Twitch will have its own toasts, alerting you when a friend starts broadcasting. These pop-ups, which can be disabled, won't appear on live broadcasts for others to see.

Caayn

It better be just for favorites. I dont want a popup every time one of the 300 people on my friends list gets on of off.
Rather have the options "all friends/favorites only/disabled". I don't want anything to do with the Xbox twitter thing, so I don't want to manually put my friends in the favorites section just to see the notifications.

operon

Running the preview registration app but getting an error has occurred please try again later any one have any ideas.

sangreal

I guess I got in on my own originally, because they sent me another message later saying a friend invited me with a 2nd code. Since I was referred by a gaffer, I guess it is only fair to pass it on here:

OverHeat

« generous god »
Bitstream Dolby digital through hdmi is a god send, I can have both my PS4 and xbox one connected to my astro a50 through my optical out on my tv( support 5.1 passthrough) at all time without having to mess with wires!!!!

Ryzz

Neo Member
Don't want to sound like i'm begging but would love a referral if possible.

GT: BloodArchHunter

Thankyou :)

Top Bottom