• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox inviting Xbox Members to test out the March Update (don't beg for invites)

Got the second message on Xbox at 2am this morning, but still no update. I wish MS just had a "Check for updates" button like on windows. Pain in the arse.

So the App status changed and now I have access to the forums!

How do I refer people now, just have to post their gamertags on that invite sub forum?

If that's the case, I just added all those:

EDIT:

Oh, there's a feature request sub forum too.

Go go go make some requests!
Thank you

FOUND IT!
Settings > TV & OneGuide > Troubleshooting > Audio

This is also the area under Video, that allows 50Hz output.

Thanks! Looked around there but obviously not well enough. What an odd place to put that, as if the volume command is only used for TV but I guess I see the logic.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
Can I get a referral as well. I want to try the 50 Hz since I had no problem with tv(uk) others did. Maybe I can't see it

Gamertag: BlazeGaj

Gorki247

If anyone has got any referrals left, it would be much appreciated. I would live to try out the new features as well.

Edit: my wife got invited, so don't need one anymore. If I do get another code, I'll share it on here.

Mr.Green

I've been an Xbox Live member since day one and I've always been invited to their betas but not this time apparently. Yeah, fuck you too Microsoft.

Now if anyone of you fine gentlemen could right this wrong, I'd very much like to fix the god damn optical audio output brain fart. Thanks!

GT: MrGreen

EBreda

Received the 25 digit code in my Xbox 2 days ago. Still trying to decide if it's worth trying or not, since parties will be unavailable.

I'll probably know by tonight. If I give up on it, I'll just paste the code here and anyone can have it.

Quick question.. how do I send invites to my friends now.. or to some of you on here now that I'm in?

Ahh.. I only updated my controller just today. I didn't know I could of done it sooner. Damn.

No. The analog update didn't require a manual firmware update like the headset adapter update.

Hyunickel

Neo Member
Got the second message on Xbox at 2am this morning, but still no update. I wish MS just had a "Check for updates" button like on windows. Pain in the arse.

Been in the exact position as you, got that message at the same time as well.
I turned off my Xbox One completely, turned it on again, switched it back to instant on, then turned it off. Within a couple of minutes I started hearing noises, and then the Xbox Icon was flashing and the update was ready.

Try it now :)!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I've been an Xbox Live member since day one and I've always been invited to their betas but not this time apparently. Yeah, fuck you too Microsoft.

Now if anyone of you fine gentlemen could right this wrong, I'd very much like to fix the god damn optical audio output brain fart. Thanks!

GT: MrGreen

Leave Price.....I mean Microsoft alone, :lol

Usually I get these invites as well. At least it isn't too far away.

Been in the exact position as you, got that message at the same time as well.
I turned off my Xbox One completely, turned it on again, switched it back to instant on, then turned it off. Within a couple of minutes I started hearing noises, and then the Xbox Icon was flashing and the update was ready.

Try it now :)!

I checked it at 2pm and was ready to install. I got to the point of looking at the power brick, if it's orange it's ready.

mcrommert

Banned
Can someone confirm that you can use someone else's code...i have a code from someone else but don't want to waste their code if it won't work

hedcold

Neo Member
I got accepted and got the dash today its awesome. if anyone has a extra invite gt: pgarrett5060 please would like to party together. Thanks.

Bungie

Scan this for a Xbox update code! More to come later on.

eyJsZXZlbCI6Im0iLCJzaXplIjoiNDAwIiwiZm9ybWF0IjoicG5nIiwiY29sb3JzIjp7InFyX2NvZGUiOiI2MTY3NmUifSwidGVtcGxhdGUiOnsibmFtZSI6Im5vbmUifSwiZGF0YSI6Imh0dHA6Ly9zY2FuLm1lL2R5N3ltYiIsImJhcmNvZGVfdHlwZSI6bnVsbCwicGFkZGluZyI6MSwidHlwZV90aGVtZSI6InRleHQifQ==.png

EDIT: I also got the 1337 post!

I received my code to download the registration app (took about 18 hours from referral to message on my Xbox 1 - I didn't get an e-mail saying I was accepted, I went from referral to XB1 message).

Anyway, I redeemed it on Xbox.com (under my gamertag, of course) because I was at work and because I didn't want to type out the 25-character code with my controller. I thought the registration app would be waiting for me to download once I turned my Xbox One on when I got home last night, but when I turned it on the registration app was nowhere to be found...

I know that redeeming codes for games/apps usually will cause the game/app to show up once you turn your XB1 on...but this didn't seem to work for me. When I tried to redeem the code again on my XB1, it says that it's been redeemed already...crap.

Is there a period of time you need to wait for the registration app to show up? or is it instantaneous? I'm guessing I need to contact XBL support about this, but just wanted to know what you guys thought..

I can see the scan stats & it almost instantly got scanned, someone was prepared.

I was unprepared, but now I'm prepared for the next one.

Really wish I knew how they selected people. As I would think I had the prereqs across the board.

Getting tired of the video gestures as my GF is ready to move the xbox to a new tv and used the 360 as the netflix hub.

I received my code to download the registration app (took about 18 hours from referral to message on my Xbox 1 - I didn't get an e-mail saying I was accepted, I went from referral to XB1 message).

Anyway, I redeemed it on Xbox.com (under my gamertag, of course) because I was at work and because I didn't want to type out the 25-character code with my controller. I thought the registration app would be waiting for me to download once I turned my Xbox One on when I got home last night, but when I turned it on the registration app was nowhere to be found...

I know that redeeming codes for games/apps usually will cause the game/app to show up once you turn your XB1 on...but this didn't seem to work for me. When I tried to redeem the code again on my XB1, it says that it's been redeemed already...crap.

Is there a period of time you need to wait for the registration app to show up? or is it instantaneous? I'm guessing I need to contact XBL support about this, but just wanted to know what you guys thought..

I just entered the a code (Thank you special gaffer) on the Xbox one itself and as soon as I finished, the registration app was already in my download queue. I've now registered and am waiting on the update.

So the App status changed and now I have access to the forums!

How do I refer people now, just have to post their gamertags on that invite sub forum?

If that's the case, I just added all those:

EDIT:

Oh, there's a feature request sub forum too.

Go go go make some requests!
Just a follow up, a mod responded the message saying that the GTs were sent for processing...

TeRey09

I wonder how much the DRM 180 set MS back to not allow them to have these parts of the update at launch?

Anyone have extra codes? Want to get a friend in to the preview, I already recommended him on the Xbox Forums.

so I got a code yesterday, registered, just checked the app and it says this console is now registered....do I just wait until the update decides to download now?

Xone9

Banned
just did the update this morning..

took about 3 minutes for the green bar to flash the system, then rebooted...

pretty much runs and looks the same... has a nice notification on bottom left letting you know who is twitch broadcasting, favs online, etc..

the friends list is much better...

and did the update for my two joysticks... each took about a minute...

Top Bottom