• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox inviting Xbox Members to test out the March Update (don't beg for invites)

Alexalder

Banned
Would like to try the update.
Not that i have any friend list to screw up, even temporarily :c
Thanks in advance

Gamertag as in forum nickname: Alexalder

Bsigg12

I got that last afternoon but have yet to get the update...

Make sure you're in Instant On mode and shut your system off for 15-20 minutes if possible. Also, the powerbrick will go yellow And you'll have to use the controller or tap the system when the update is ready.

sangreal

does recent players only work for people who have the update? I just played a few rounds of Ryse and it's empty

on another note, I like that you can see twitch broadcasts from the store

danwarb

I got accepted 25 hours ago and still haven't updated :(

How long more will I have to wait?

You need to have the Xbox set as your home console. It worked as soon as I set that and powered down.

I otherwise have a brother's Xbox as my home, and his mine, so we can pool libraries.

JaggedSac

does recent players only work for people who have the update? I just played a few rounds of Ryse and it's empty

on another note, I like that you can see twitch broadcasts from the store

I did not see any broadcasts from the store when I looked. Where are they at? In each game's page?

see5harp

Not being able to join friends parties sucks in the preview...

Same as the others but yea it sucks. It even had something in the terms of service that I actually read.

The "number of friends broadcasting" and "xp favorites online" is actually very smart. I also noticed that they moved the profile settings that used to be at the top when you went to friends to the system settings. Nice refinements all around.

Hawk269

I got accepted 25 hours ago and still haven't updated :(

How long more will I have to wait?

I got the update when I got home about an hour ago. I received my message to register yesterday morning. So for me it was a little over 30 hours or so from completing my registration and the system updating.

Hey I'm sure others noticed but if u click on a game In the store u can watch people broadcasting them. Just was checking some forza DLC and noticed someone was broadcasting.

Jelly :)

PrinceKee

So, so, so good.

Yeah, that's how I'm processing them as I have a few places I'm helping users from. Can delete after I message you confirmation if you'd like, just the way I'm processing them. Want to get as many people the update as possible, the more to test the quicker we can get it bug free.

Done :D
Anybody else??

How long does it take after you're referred to receive? So you get an email or message on Xbox live? Think someone already sent me a request but, I haven't received anything yet.

gt: PrinceKee

Found a guy broadcasting COD. Took a quick pic

5ACC6B18-CF21-47C5-AA30-D1D88C0CDFDA_zps73tqxdkg.jpg

I just got another update.

Yeah a new build is rolling out.

Fixes
Fix for sign-in failing that requires system restart. (Glad about this one, has been REALLY annoying me)

IE and Bing not launching in non-English locales

Controller firmware not updating with chat headset plugged in

Messages are too easy to delete by accident since the Delete button is highlighted by default when opening a message (instead of Close button)

sangreal

I just got another update.

A new update is going to start rolling out. There are a few fixes in this build, including some for issues discovered by the update preview community:

Fix for sign-in failing that requires system restart
IE and Bing not launching in non-English locales
Controller firmware not updating with chat headset plugged in
Messages are too easy to delete by accident since the Delete button is highlighted by default when opening a message (instead of Close button)

xb_rel_1403.140225-2200

I gotta say I'm so used to going into my friends list to view my achievements because of the last three months that the new layout confuses me for a moment. I still go into my friends area to find them lol

Lima

I gotta say I'm so used to going into my friends list to view my achievements because of the last three months that the new layout confuses me for a moment. I still go into my friends area to find them lol

Why don't you just pin them so that it is essentially the same button presses as on 360? Guide button -> LB -> A.

Or better yet just say Xbox go to achievements.

Why don't you just pin them so that it is essentially the same button presses as on 360? Guide button -> LB -> A.

Or better yet just say Xbox go to achievements.
I do have them pinned I just often forget about my pins as well. Just a habit I made since I got it and now I'm adjusting

You need to have the Xbox set as your home console. It worked as soon as I set that and powered down.

I otherwise have a brother's Xbox as my home, and his mine, so we can pool libraries.

Hmm, I think that's it then... I'm in the same scenario with crossed home consoles.
I tried to refer my brother, but from all the invites I asked he's the only one who hasn't gone through yet. Do you know if he gets accepted and register his console if we'll be able to update or no other option other than switching back?

(I'm afraid to switch my home console because apparently there's a limit per year on the number of switches you are allowed to make)

Top Bottom