• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

bought deadlight. I don't mind if it's short of has problems, it's a good price and I'm sure I will get my money's worth.

I am also interested in hybrid, but it sounds like the community isn't there any more so I think I'll pass. it's a shame it doesn't have a single player portion, I always thought the game looked good.

Galdelico

Does Hybrid have any single player/offline campaign? I tried the demo back in Summer of Arcade, but now I'm Silver and not planning to get back to Gold anytime soon.

I love how $2.50 in American Dollars makes or breaks a purchase for some people. Seriously? Just how cheap and entitled are you?

$2.50 here, $5.00 there, $10 off here. It adds up.
Lots to choose from this time of year, with all these sales.
People are simply trying to stretch their gaming budget as far as they can go.
And folks have a different sense of a particular game's worth than you.

And yea, some people are cheap ass gamers, like myself.

Bought Deadlight and played it a bit last night.
Great atmospheric game like Limbo.
The environment and sound design is some of the best you will see in an indie game.
Gameplay has been hit or miss so far but it's worth it overall.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Is Deadlight really only two hours long*? I'm holding off on it for now but I've just bought Dust and I'm absolutely loving Mark of the Ninja.

*according to the Eurogamer review I just read.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I love how $2.50 in American Dollars makes or breaks a purchase for some people. Seriously? Just how cheap and entitled are you?

I paid $15 for it when it came out and still haven't played it.
I played the demo when it first came out and thought it was really clunky and glitchy. There was some odd checkpointing issues, as well. I heard there was a patch out a few months back to fix a bunch of issues but haven't checked it out since.

It's the kind of game I wouldn't mind playing through but I'm not that fussed. There's a million other games out there I could be spending my points on so yeah, in this case those 200 points are the barrier for me.

Is Deadlight really only two hours long*? I'm holding off on it for now but I've just bought Dust and I'm absolutely loving Mark of the Ninja.

*according to the Eurogamer review I just read.

It depends how bad you are. It's actually about an hour long, but if you die a lot the first time through you'll probably finish it in three or so.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It depends how bad you are. It's actually about an hour long, but if you die a lot the first time through you'll probably finish it in three or so.

To be fair, if you're going for a one hour run, you'll have to replay sections a good deal. I'd say it'd take 10-12 hours of playing to get your overall time below an hour.

Deadlight took me roughly five hours to get all achievements. I believe around three hours to play through it once and another two to find the collectibles and whatever else was required. Can't quite recall everything I had to do but it took some replaying.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
To be fair, if you're going for a one hour run, you'll have to replay sections a good deal. I'd say it'd take 10-12 hours of playing to get your overall time below an hour.

Hmmm, speed-running isn't really my thing and I'd mainly be buying it to play through once for the story etc. so I'll probably pass on it for now. Thanks guys.

Jhoan

Dust is definitely the cream of the crop out that list. I bought Day One and enjoyed it. I still haven't finished it though.

At 50% it's a no-brainer. If you guys don't mind furries, it's a great game. It's another one of this year's XBLA gems.

I've only gotten Fez and Mark of the Ninja out the sale. The former is good in small sessions. The latter is one of the best games I've played this year.

Z_Y

Can't buy 600 points. So most would have to buy 800 to purchase it.

No need to be a douche about it. I'm not cheap or entitled but I have definitely passed on deals that I may have bit on if they were 400 vs 600. I'd rather use that $5 to take my kids out for ice cream.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Please buy Hybrid. I need people to play with.
I was hoping for a PC port, but it doesn't look like that will happen so I bought it. The game is fine graphically but I am crap with the gamepad now. I also got Dust. Don't know why I waited so long to get that one.

People put different values on certain games. Not everyone is foolish enough to spend full price on release date and go months without playing it.

I think you're looking at nearer to 5-6, but yeah, 70 minutes is pretty much doable with no struggle at all.

The big problem with Deadlight is how it ends, it's that it genuinely FEELS short, because the game just seems to stop out of nowhere as if the developer ran out of money and so they just dumped the end credits where they were. It doesn't feel finished, and so it's, I guess it's unsatisfying, is a better word than short, though it's obviously that as well.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Is there a chance that THQ's non-licensed XBLA games could get pulled after the company is sold? I remember that all of Midway's stuff disappeared.

edit: Doesn't look like any of their games are on sale anyway.

gdt

Fucking hell Dust is 600. I got no problem paying that but that means I have to add $10 instead of just $5. I don't want anything else so the other money would probably go to waste.

Yeah I'm gonna pass on Dust. This adding extra money thing is really inconvenient for me.

a silly reason to pass on one of the best games of the year.

you could just leave the additional points on your account and buy something in the new year.

gdt

a silly reason to pass on one of the best games of the year.

you could just leave the additional points on your account and buy something in the new year.

That $2.50 or whatever can buy me like 2 games on Steam. Its dumb for me to let it rot on XBLA, where I barely buy anything but exclusives (and have everything I want). But I think I'm jumping in yeah.

Tunavi

Banned
That $2.50 or whatever can buy me like 2 games on Steam. Its dumb for me to let it rot on XBLA, where I barely buy anything but exclusives (and have everything I want). But I think I'm jumping in yeah.
2 games on steam you won't ever play.

sorry if my post was abrupt. just found your reasoning strange, but the extra info puts in context.

you won't regret it. it's one of the better digital games on xbox live and offers a lot of content / replay value.

Syriel

Is Happy Action Theater and Kinect Party the same thing? When I looked up HAT it showed the same games from KP.

Kinect Party is basically DFHAT Super Turbo ++

If you get the full unlock for Kinect Party (currently free) you get all of the new games *and* all of the DFHAT games, all playable in the KP UI.

So, if you own KP, there is no reason to buy DFHAT unless you want to earn the DFHAT specific achievements. The rest of it is duplicate content.

Hybrid is online only, so not much good to you fella.
It really is sad seeing as how it is a cool concept that is far as I know, has never been done before. To waste it on something that is dependent on other people in order to be fun is such a waste. I played the demo when it released and would have bought it in a heartbeat had it contained a single player campaign.

Card Boy

Banned
The problem with Hybrid (outside the OP killstreaks and shitty matchmaking) is it always forces you into cover no matter what. You cant hover out in the open or walk on the ceiling and floor. You can slow down the speed you go from one cover to another but you can never stay out there indefinitely.

Mike M

Nick N
Huh, not as much of a savings on Trials Evolution as I hoped, would have totally impulse purchased the shit out if at 600 points.

Top Bottom