• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

Tunavi

Banned
Personally, I don't need enemies to make me feel like I'm achieving something. Exploration and solving puzzles is enough for me.

Would you improve a Sudoku by giving it enemies?
We agree to disagree. I still like the game.

Can someone persuade me to buy bully?

Merguson

Banned
After reading this thread and watching some videos..

I think I'll nab Trials Evo + DLC.. nothing else really interests me as much..

Dunno if it's because I am a Silver member, but I can't find these sales on the dashboard anywhere. I had to buy Mark of the Ninja off the website.

Same unless I'm know what I'm looking for, there's no way I'd find any of the sales. Fucking MS, so many people will be missing out sweet deals coz they'd rather push Gold.

check the wrap up warm for winter window.

For me that banner is just a banner for join Gold, always has been since it expired 3 months ago.

Slygmous

It shows up below the banner for me, but I just search the games manually anyway. The price drops are earlier than listed.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Fuck it might by Tony Hawk was hoping it was sale for psn just because I played all other Tony Hawk games with a playstation controller. But if its on sale on xbla might jump in.

Rat Salad

Banned
Does anyone have any idea what the Walking Dead series will go for? Thinking of getting the Xbox version but its tempting to get them on my Ipad 3 with the 25% off bundle.
I just played the first episode. Its like bits of old school early 80's Dragon's Layer mixed into a great horror story. Want more!

Syriel

Same unless I'm know what I'm looking for, there's no way I'd find any of the sales. Fucking MS, so many people will be missing out sweet deals coz they'd rather push Gold.

For me that banner is just a banner for join Gold, always has been since it expired 3 months ago.

The Gold banner appears on the homepage for Silver accounts, but it's not like MS is hiding the Holiday sales.

Games -> Countdown to 2013

It's one of the featured boxes under the Games tab. Not that easy to miss.

Does anyone have any idea what the Walking Dead series will go for? Thinking of getting the Xbox version but its tempting to get them on my Ipad 3 with the 25% off bundle.
I just played the first episode. Its like bits of old school early 80's Dragon's Layer mixed into a great horror story. Want more!

Based on other sales, would guess 50% off.

Bought RAW (Realms of Ancient War) for 400pts.
Played it from beginning to end today.
Reminded me a lot of 'Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance' on PS2.
Love these types of games.

Galdelico

The physics just felt so broken and wrong that no price drop could get me back into it, even if they put all the stages of 1-3 in it.
Yeah, that's the same impression I got, after I played the demo (lol, it's shorter than the first stage's timer, it doesn't even make sense).
Seemed more like a generic/ok skating game than the HD version of bloomin' Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

Also, no create-a-skater option? Not even into the THPS3 expansion? o_O

The_Monk

Really? Now you got me thinking... I really liked that game on the PS2 as well Champions of Norrath. Damn, I may need to check this now...

Yeah, that's the same impression I got, after I played the demo (lol, it's shorter than the first stage's timer, it doesn't even make sense).
Seemed more like a generic/ok skating game than the HD version of bloomin' Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

Also, no create-a-skater option? Not even into the THPS3 expansion? o_O
They removed most of the skater lineup too. Plenty of music tracks have been removed/replaced too.

:(

I don't get why they just didn't up-res Tony Hawk 2X and call it a day, it would've been amazing.

Have Robomodo ever done anything amazing?

Duallusion

Dunno if it's because I am a Silver member, but I can't find these sales on the dashboard anywhere. I had to buy Mark of the Ninja off the website.

Same here. What, five days in, and the sale is still nowhere to be seen on my dashboard - I have to manually search for discounted games. But if I log in with my US tag/account, it's there. No, MS, I will not buy your stupid gold membership you keep begging me to do with that constant first page ad!

pswii60

Fez is so boring. Its beautiful and the puzzles are good but enemies and leveling RPG mechanics would have made it more interesting.

It's not boring at all IMO. The atmosphere drew me in to another world, so many fond memories of playing that game. Also such a sense of discovery and surprise as you dig deeper and deeper and the map/world gets bigger and bigger. And that music :O

My personal GOTY.

Same here. What, five days in, and the sale is still nowhere to be seen on my dashboard - I have to manually search for discounted games. But if I log in with my US tag/account, it's there. No, MS, I will not buy your stupid gold membership you keep begging me to do with that constant first page ad!
Where do you live? In the UK it's on the main dashboard too.
Bought Super Meat Boy.

It's gonna take a while for me to beat that.

Oh it'll last you a lifetime. And when you think you're done, you can go back and do the dark side. So many times I've reached a level and thought "no way - I'll never do that, it's impossible"... only to find me doing it in the end after all. Stupidly addictive in the realms of Geometry Wars and Trials.

jgkspsx

Yeah, so Joe Danger 2 is really not good. The director in particular needs to shut the fuck up, but you can't mute him or change the voice.

Jhoan

Mark of The Ninja is so good. It's easily one of my favorite games I've played on XBLA this year. This game is absolutely amazing. It reminds me of Sunsoft's fantastic NES Batman game mixed with MGS and a dash of Tenchu with Shank's art style. Hopefully a ton of people bought it during the sale. It was either this or Hell Yeah! (I enjoyed the demo), but I realized I can get the latter during a future sale again.

I also checked out Fez which is good, but it's best played in short bursts or after playing a retail game as a palette cleanser.

I'm so glad I didn't check out Joe Danger 2. I have the first one and really enjoy it (still haven't beaten it). It's a shame the sequel isn't a big leap over the first one like Trials to Trials Evolution was (not saying the games are similar before anyone comes at me with pitchforks).

Since Wario was awesome enough to post a link to a free code for the second Borderlands 2 DLC, I won't be checking out the Season Pass (unless anyone thinks otherwise).

Man, this post got me curious about this game. I'm on a challenge of not buying games for a year too.

I guess it is in my best interest to not get on the gaming side of GAF when doing such challenges.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Really? Now you got me thinking... I really liked that game on the PS2 as well Champions of Norrath. Damn, I may need to check this now...

Man, this post got me curious about this game. I'm on a challenge of not buying games for a year too.

I guess it is in my best interest to not get on the gaming side of GAF when doing such challenges.

I would have purchased it, if not for the lack of Local Player 2 Saving. A SECOND PLAYER CANNOT SAVE THEIR CHARACTER. So they have to start over from LVL 1 each time you play. HORRIBLE oversight, no attempt to fix after all this time... yeah, not worth it for me. They don't even attempt to give the player a pre-leveled character, or anything like that? Really, REALLY stupid.

Sad too, because I did like the "arcadey" nature of the controls, it feels more like a hack-and-slash, and less like a dice-rolls-in-the-BG RPG.

Someone in the XBLA thread brought up the fact that you can only lvl once per each of the 25 stages as well, and after that, enemies give you inconsequential EXP. Thus, after reaching a lvl, all the fighting is kind of pointless (well, I guess not for loot), driving one to want to rush through the stages, until they're able to level again.

That doesn't bother me as much in concept, but it's worth noting.

But if you're mostly going to play SP, or have no issue with the above, then dive right in:)

How much do you love Tony Hawk? If it's ALOT then for 600ms I would say maybe pick it up. Just know it's shithouse.
I did love it a lot. Played the hell out of 1-4, and even the Undergound stuff. This is a case where the more you know and remember the old games, the more it feels wrong, never mind the replaced skaters and music.

Top Bottom