• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Picked up Fez finally and noticed that it never prompted for a title update. Was the old one pulled from Live again or was it merged into the main game? As a new player I'd really like to know if i'll have to track it down online and usb it over to correct whatever bugs it fixed after hearing tons of stuff about crashing and bad framerate in the vanilla version.

Let's ask Phil Fish... https://twitter.com/PHIL_FISH/status/177742654518476802

Draconian

Is Trine 2 worth it? Specifically is it worth it as a single player game? I know it has co-op, but does it play just as well by yourself?

Quoted for next page.

I still think it is. Trials Evo is a better game, and makes HD almost obsolete, but HD still has some amazing tracks and skill games and achievements that it'd be a shame to miss.

I think Trials Evo is way better if you've spent time in HD as well, because there's this feeling of claustrophobia almost in HD and then when you play Evo it's like "whoa, I can do ANYTHING now," and it really elevates the experience.

If you can only buy one I'd get Evo, but if getting both is an option then I'd say do it.

Thanks everyone who recommended Mark of the Ninja, it's a really cool game.

I second those saying Trials evolution is awesome. I am sure that the PC version will be great but there is something in the simplicity of being able to quickly hop online and download some cool levels and play them locally with your mates (surely possible on PC but requiring a bit more effort to set up the hardware)

My only doubt is because I can eventually get for the PC for ultra cheap honestly.

It will probably take a while before it goes lower than 50% off on Steam at least. Eventually it will end up in a Humble Bundle just like Shank 1 and 2, but that will most likely take 10-12 months.

DmAc2k6

I would avoid staying away from Bully for those debating pick it up while on sale. There's a thread over on the xbox support forums about people being unable to download it, the earliest reports go back a few months actually: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/27/t/415004.aspx
That happened to me the first time that I tried downloading it. All I did was delete the Bully file from my HDD and tried downloading again. It downloaded fully the second time.

I bought that and Fez. Can't wait to get The Walking Dead Ep. 1 through 5 and the Skyrim DLC.

I have a bunch of games I bought on my old gamertag. Isn't there a way to download them from my new account and use them? Like you can do it 3 times a year or something? I remember reading about it

I have a bunch of games I bought on my old gamertag. Isn't there a way to download them from my new account and use them? Like you can do it 3 times a year or something? I remember reading about it

You could change the license on that tag to your current console and then use the games with your new account.

jgkspsx

So, when games go on these big half-off sales, do their publishers and creators only get half the proceeds they would normally get? Or does it come out of MS's cut?

This is a good site for some points guys.

Works in the US/Canada, not sure for the rest of the World.

http://www.crazygametime.com/item/microsoft-points-xbox-live-1200-1600-2400-4000/#buy

You get the codes pretty instantaneous and their service is decent, if at all you have a problem with the code.

$12.99 - 1200 points
$16.99 - 1600 points
$21.99 - 2400 points
$40.99 - 4000 points

That is the better of them, money to points ratio.

This is an ONLINE CODE that will be delivered via email. No physical card will be mailed. This product may not be suitable as a gift.

Our codes are for Xbox Live accounts that the default region/country is set to be the United States. The codes may not work on Xbox Live accounts in other regions. Based on our customers’ feedback, they are having better luck redeeming 12 and 3 Months Live Gold Membership codes, 1200, 4000 and 2400 MS Points codes on Canadian accounts, while the 1600 MS Points codes seem to be strictly region locked to the United States. That said, however, we can only guarantee the codes are working on US Live accounts.

jgkspsx

Is that for real? $30 of points for $22? How many codes have you purchased? Are they real MSP or promo points?

EDIT: Not real comfortable with the insistence on a real phone number. Loss leader for identity theft/phishing scam?

Is that for real? $30 of points for $22? How many codes have you purchased? Are they real MSP or promo points?

EDIT: Not real comfortable with the insistence on a real phone number. Loss leader for identity theft/phishing scam?

Yes they are real. I bought all my points off them.

SALE ON TOP OF SALE = WIN WIN WIN

jgkspsx

I believe that they give you your code. But what do they do with your name, phone number, and credit card? Has anybody used them for months or years without identity theft issues?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This is a good site for some points guys.

Works in the US/Canada, not sure for the rest of the World.

http://www.crazygametime.com/item/microsoft-points-xbox-live-1200-1600-2400-4000/#buy

You get the codes pretty instantaneous and their service is decent, if at all you have a problem with the code.

$12.99 - 1200 points
$16.99 - 1600 points
$21.99 - 2400 points
$40.99 - 4000 points

That is the better of them, money to points ratio.
Once you actually go through the process, it says that 1200 points are actually out of stock :/ really got my hopes up.

Rad Agast

I would avoid staying away from Bully for those debating pick it up while on sale. There's a thread over on the xbox support forums about people being unable to download it, the earliest reports go back a few months actually: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/27/t/415004.aspx

Hmmm interesting. Maybe that's why couldn't buy the Lego star wars games.

Bully downloaded just fine forw yesterday. Picked up Fez and Origins and now waiting for trials evo. I'm impressed by this years sale. Lots of stuff that I want.

goldenpp72

Lots of people (myself included) are selling points in the buy sell trade thread as well, never hurts to look there if you need them.

Anyways, I am interested in fire pro, mark of the ninja, trine 2 and Hell Yeah, anyone have thoughts on those? I'm also weary of buying trine 2 as I do own a Wii U, wasn't sure if I should hold out for that or is the difference minimal?

jbug617

Banned
Lots of people (myself included) are selling points in the buy sell trade thread as well, never hurts to look there if you need them.

Anyways, I am interested in fire pro, mark of the ninja, trine 2 and Hell Yeah, anyone have thoughts on those? I'm also weary of buying trine 2 as I do own a Wii U, wasn't sure if I should hold out for that or is the difference minimal?

Trine 2 is on sale on the Wii-U shop and that includes the DLC (not on 360 or PS3 yet) and Wii-U exclusive stage I believe

Just picked up Fez and Mark of the Ninja for the small fee of 1000 Allards.

thinking about picking up Bully but i've heard some have had issues with the GoD version.

If the demo didn't give you a good feel and you have to ask then i would say no.
umm, not really...
the Deadlight demo sucks in that it does a bad job at telling me what kind of game it is.

is it a straight up 2D shooter, puzzle platformer or metroidvania type?

With finals week and everything I totally wasn't up on these sales... just picked up Rayman Origins, Mark of the Ninja, and Trine 2. Between this deal and getting Halo 4 for $20 thanks to a Best Buy coupon, I now have some awesome stuff to play over break (Also thanks to HumbleBundle as well).

Top Bottom