• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

ElNino

Grrr, my Xbox Live Gold account expired on....12/19. With how much I was online last year, I don't think it is worth getting a new membership just for the deals, gotta check to see if I can find a one month membership.
I don't believe any of these deals are Gold exclusive.

Grrr, my Xbox Live Gold account expired on....12/19. With how much I was online last year, I don't think it is worth getting a new membership just for the deals, gotta check to see if I can find a one month membership.

These deals are open for everyone, not only for gold :)

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I seriously cannot believe that UK people still have to pay 20 quid for Rayman while people in the US are getting it for $10. Unbelievable.

Nevasleep

Just bought Red Dead Redemption for 1440 points and Bully for 1080 points in the UK.
Hope that was the sale price, seemed like it...or maybe not, but I don't mind.

Raptor

Deal is amazing, anyone want to trade a Skyrim Xbox 360 DL code for some 1600 points?

Damn I want Trine 2 so bad :(

Trying hard to keep my cash for the Borderlands season pass and Skyrim DLC, but I really liked the trial for Hell Yeah and Mark Of The Ninja. Blaaah.

TomServo

I bought Fez based on GAF's recommendations. I did the same for Bastion last year, and despite thinking it wasn't my type of game I ended up 100%'ing it.

Is Mark if the Ninja that good? It seems universally loved here, but stealth games can be frustrating to me.

The wife convinced me to pick up Peggle Nights the night before and just last night before going to bed I picked up Mark of the Ninja, both half off. Next on my list of for sure titles is Dust and The Walking Dead season.

My expectations for the stuff that I'm interested in at least, has been pretty much met so far. Hope it keeps up.

I bought Fez based on GAF's recommendations. I did the same for Bastion last year, and despite thinking it wasn't my type of game I ended up 100%'ing it.

Is Mark if the Ninja that good? It seems universally loved here, but stealth games can be frustrating to me.

Metacritic also loves Mark of the Ninja. Seems to be one of the best stealth games ever made. 90/100 http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mark-of-the-ninja

I've bought it for 600 MS Points and the game is brilliant! Just buy it and enjoy. :)

The Boat

Getting Fez for sure, wondering about Mark of the Ninja and Hell Yeah. I can eventually get them cheaper on my PC, but it's a crappy PC so I never know if they will run well, even if it goes beyond the minimum specs.

Wal Mart was selling it for $9.97 and price matching at Best Buy gave me the same price along with the extra 10% discount. Now it's probably about as low as it will get unless it's a clearance sale. :p

Damn, didn't know that. That's crazy, it's an awesome game though.

? These deals aren't exclusive. I bought stuff last night and I've been silver for months now.

Got Mark Of The Ninja and Fez.

Also, Max Payne 3 for € 19.99 which is not only a great deal but normally it should be on sale tomorrow. Are some deals longer than others?

The Boat

OK I decided to skip Hell Yeah since it runs fine on my PC (except the cutscenes). Got Fez and maybe will get Mark of the Ninja.

OK I decided to skip Hell Yeah since it runs fine on my PC (except the cutscenes). Got Fez and maybe will get Mark of the Ninja.

get mark of the ninja, it's a great game and you won't be disappointed. trust me. you only have a few hours left, pull the trigger man, don't let this deal of a century slip through your fingers.

Card Boy

Banned
Goes Fez get any better? The demo bored me to tears. Does it have enemies? Don't get me wrong i love puzzle games but i feel no sense of danger while playing Fez.

Whats the loading like on it? Already have it on PS3; but the long load times between each section frustrate me...

sorry I missed this earlier.

I haven't played the playstation 3 version, but the 360 load times are pretty excessive and there are a lot of them.

Goes Fez get any better? The demo bored me to tears. Does it have enemies? Don't get me wrong i love puzzle games but i feel no sense of danger while playing Fez.

I haven't played much of it but from what I've gathered reading impressions and such, it's pretty much more of the same throughout the entire game.

there are no enemies or boss battles and I don't believe you're supposed to feel any sense of danger. it's not that kind of game or the kind of experience it's offering to players.

The Boat

get mark of the ninja, it's a great game and you won't be disappointed. trust me. you only have a few hours left, pull the trigger man, don't let this deal of a century slip through your fingers.

My only doubt is because I can eventually get for the PC for ultra cheap honestly.

Raptor

Is there anyway I can use a 1600 msp that are not for my region?

This sucks, I could have a card but since they are region locked I cant use it.

I think you could create an account for that region, download it to your console, then play the games on your regular account.

Eusis

Create a separate account for that region? Yeah, that's not really best.

Got Fez, got Asura's Wrath's finale since I don't think that's going on sale any time soon (and likely Gold exclusive when it does), and will wait to see Dust's price. Actually, if Dust is poised to come to PC in the near future I'll just get the rest of the Asura's Wrath DLC.

My only doubt is because I can eventually get for the PC for ultra cheap honestly.

I suppose that's a good a reason as any not to buy it. it will probably show up in a steam sale soon enough.

I hope you get it either way, it's a fantastic game and the developers deserve to be supported as much as possible and to show them there's demand for a sequel.

The Boat

I suppose that's a good a reason as any not to buy it. it will probably show up in a steam sale soon enough.

I hope you get it either way, it's a fantastic game and the developers deserve to be supported as much as possible and to show them there's demand for a sequel.

Oh I will, no doubt about it :)

DarkCloud

Picked up Fez finally and noticed that it never prompted for a title update. Was the old one pulled from Live again or was it merged into the main game? As a new player I'd really like to know if i'll have to track it down online and usb it over to correct whatever bugs it fixed after hearing tons of stuff about crashing and bad framerate in the vanilla version.

Top Bottom